Priorities

edited June 2012 in The Walking Dead
Read a couple of priority lists. Am I being daft to suggest that I choose based on who I like. Kenny and his family are nice and I feel the need to help Clem, like her or not. Most of my reactions are gut ones but can't get out of my head a,"save the women and children first," mentality.

Comments

• edited June 2012
    this may help;

The first play through anyone does should be a gut reaction as you don't know whats going to happen so you do what you would do your self..

then after you have seeked counciling for the mental trauma the game as inflicted upon your very being. you can replay the episode/whole game to see the different choices and the results of them...
  • edited June 2012
    Nothing wrong with saving people you like and going by your gut. I think it's the best way to go with your first play through. Don't think, just do ... oh, and save Doug. Please.

After that you can replay and try different choices to see what happens. If you think that the first episode was brutal, just wait for the second.
  • edited June 2012
    Rasher wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with saving people you like and going by your gut. I think it's the best way to go with your first play through. Don't think, just do ... oh, and save Doug. Please.

After that you can replay and try different choices to see what happens. If you think that the first episode was brutal, just wait for the second.

isn't that what i said ? hmmm
  • edited June 2012
    You can replay the episode/whole game to see the different choices and the results of them... :))
  • edited June 2012
    I don't want to replay yet. As much as I'm itching for more Walking Dead I want my first playthrough to be a pure one then I'll come back and try other things.
  • edited June 2012
    I don't think I'll ever save Doug. Ever. Even if he knows how to cure the nasty that is in the cup of water.
  • bubbledncrbubbledncr Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2012
    Darthchair wrote: »
    I don't think I'll ever save Doug. Ever. Even if he knows how to cure the nasty that is in the cup of water.

poor doug...
  • edited June 2012
    bubbledncr wrote: »
    poor doug...

Sorry, I know I'm a horrible person. Don't hold it against me. You guys kinda, well you know, put me in the position to pick and choose. ^-^ If I could have chose between those two and say...Duck...sorry kiddo. Zombies are gonna dine on duck sauce tonight! ^^

He is a nice guy though. I like Doug. He seems pretty earnest and realistic. Just not the kind of person I wager can survive the zombie apocalypse. Rather make friends with someone that can put a bullet in a sneaky zombie's face.
  • CapnJayCapnJay Banned
    edited June 2012
    I'll save doug even if he becomes a burden Remember this old adage "I don't have to run faster then the zombies I only have to run faster then you"
  • edited June 2012
    I still think that they'll put you in a choice to save Clem or Larry... and 100% of players will save Clem on their first playthrough.

If you choose to save Larry then Lee looks at the camera, tells you to eff-yourself and saves Clem anyway.
  • edited June 2012
    holeydonut wrote: »
    I still think that they'll put you in a choice to save Clem or Larry... and 100% of players will save Clem on their first playthrough.

If you choose to save Larry then Lee looks at the camera, tells you to eff-yourself and saves Clem anyway.

check out the e3 second preview i dunno about a link tho
  • edited June 2012
    If Larry had a leisure suit on, I'd totally save him.
  • CapnJayCapnJay Banned
    edited June 2012
    Darthchair wrote: »
    If Larry had a leisure suit on, I'd totally save him.

That Joke just cost you a spot on the boat
  • edited June 2012
    CapnJay wrote: »
    That Joke just cost you a spot on the boat

cost him alot more than that ;)
  • edited June 2012
    Awww!

lsl_home.jpg
  • edited June 2012
    I went with my gut for the first playthough, being nice and saving Carly over Doug.
    On my second playthrough I was a total jerk to Kenny, and at one point I berated him. If it's any consolation I saved Doug this time, to see how the story changes. He wasn't my first choice though lol.
  • edited June 2012
    Cornson's Survivor Priority List:

1) Clementine. Getting Clementine to like me is my top priority! because it will be much easier for people to trust me, if Clementine trusts me as well! because who would expect the loving Lee, the guy who adopted and protected the poor little orfened Clementine, of being a convicted murderer? and Clementine is the perfect way to make me seem trustworthy to any stranger I might come across.

2) Kenny. He is a Good leader and he has a fishing boat, and not one of those rich man yacht but a real fishing boat and knows how to use it + the fact that he likes me.

3) Katjaa. She is the closest thing to a medic we have and she keeps Kenny happy, she also likes me sins I saved duck at the farm.

4) Doug. His technical skills will hopefully come in handy, even if the power's out + he likes me.

5) Lilly. Must have gone through basic military training since she is a air force mechanic, so hopefully she knows enough about engines to fix our cars if they brake down or at the very least help us in a pinch if we get in contact with the local military, and she likes me.

6) Glen. even if he is gone he ranks higher than Duck and Larry.

7) Random stranger.

8) Duck. He is more on my Kill List than on my Survivor Priority List, gotta keep spoiling the kid for now though, i need Kenny and Karly's Loyalty more than I need to kill Duck, but the first chance I'll get, where I can get away with it I'll dump him in a trunk or toss him in a well.

9) Larry. Killing Larry is on the top of my to do list, its even higher than finding a new gun for the group, not as high as gaining everyones trust though, but damn it's close! But that can change really fast! with Larry's temper and all so I have to kill Larry before he tels anyone that I am a Convicted murderer with him gone, no one in the group knows my secret, sins I already got rid of Carley.
  • edited June 2012
    3) KATJAA She is the closest thing to a medic we have and she keeps Kenny happy, she also likes me sins I saved duck at the farm.

5) Lilly. Must have gone through basic military training since she is a air force mechanic, so hopefully she knows enough about engines to fix our cars if they brake down or at the very least help us in a pinch if we get in contact with the local military, and she likes me.

makes a bit more sense now :P
  • edited June 2012
    makes a bit more sense now :P

thanks for the help, but I had hoped to get a other kind of response to my post :)
  • edited June 2012
    Cornson wrote: »
    thanks for the help, but I had hoped to get a other kind of response to my post :)

if you had posted it in the thread where others have posted up there thoughts and choices then yeah you would of got some ;)

you didn't save carly you chose doug ;)
  • edited June 2012
    but I already posted this in that exact thread you are talking about, no one ever replied to it though :(
  • CapnJayCapnJay Banned
    edited June 2012
    does corny need a hug?
  • edited June 2012
    It's totally natural.

My first playthrough is always based on gut instinct.
  • edited June 2012
    'hugs corny' lol

my first play through is gut reaction and what feels right with no agenda..
This discussion has been closed.