In the beginning of the game...

edited June 2012 in The Walking Dead
[removed]

Comments

• CapnJayCapnJay Banned
    edited June 2012
    KingMojo24 wrote: »
    This game is awesome and I love it. I already played through it 5 or 6 times in anticipation of episode two.

Anyone have any theories on why Lee would leave the shotgun on the ground? I mean...IRL if I saw a zombie cop trying to eat me I'd probably want to arm myself...just sayin

If you saw one zombie cop would you automatically assume Outbreak? {well yeah of course you would your a gamer lol} Keep in mind Lee's panicked also he's used the only bullet for it. it never occurs he might need it later
  • edited June 2012
    He also didn't pick up the cop's handgun from his belt >.<
  • edited June 2012
    Doesn't Lee drop it when he trips while escaping the Zombie that is chasing him from the dark forest/brush? Lee didn't have time to scavenge the officer's body either.

IMO, he was more worried about running away then trying to find a gun.
  • edited June 2012
    Roody wrote: »
    He also didn't pick up the cop's handgun from his belt >.<

I tried to get the cops handgun and couldn't. There's not a way out of that initial attack w/o the shotgun, is there? Could Lee run away w/o shooting the zombie cop?
  • edited June 2012
    No Lee can't get away without shooting the cop.
    But Lee can try to scare the cop away be shooting in the air
    , obviously the cop is not very impressed, so Lee will be eaten. But you should try it nevertheless because Lees facial expression after recognizing that he is out of bullets is worth it.
  • edited June 2012
    holeydonut wrote: »
    Doesn't Lee drop it when he trips while escaping the Zombie that is chasing him from the dark forest/brush? Lee didn't have time to scavenge the officer's body either.

IMO, he was more worried about running away then trying to find a gun.
    Pretty sure he just dumps the shotgun on the ground after shooting the cop.
  • edited June 2012
    Lee may have killed a senator but he still seems very anti violence unless it's the only option.

so the way he looks at the gun after blowing the cop zombies brains away he looks scared shocked and can't believe he did it..

So lee must have had some gun training somewhere or are we too assume all americans know how to use a gun ?
  • edited June 2012
    Lee may have killed a senator but he still seems very anti violence unless it's the only option.

so the way he looks at the gun after blowing the cop zombies brains away he looks scared shocked and can't believe he did it..

So lee must have had some gun training somewhere or are we too assume all americans know how to use a gun ?

Lee may or may not have killed a senator, actually. We're left to assume.

How must lee have had some gun training in the past? I've never had any gun training, yet I'd know how to put a shell in a shotgun, pump it, point it, then pull the trigger.
  • edited June 2012
    iMuzzaa wrote: »
    Lee may or may not have killed a senator, actually. We're left to assume.

How must lee have had some gun training in the past? I've never had any gun training, yet I'd know how to put a shell in a shotgun, pump it, point it, then pull the trigger.

i haven't had training and would try like in the movies but i'd fail lol

i'm from the uk tho and really have no clue where to get a gun from other than interwebs but never looked cos i feel safe and have numerous objects that can be weaponised..
  • CapnJayCapnJay Banned
    edited June 2012
    i haven't had training and would try like in the movies but i'd fail lol

i'm from the uk tho and really have no clue where to get a gun from other than interwebs but never looked cos i feel safe and have numerous objects that can be weaponised..

Like Old Record Albums?
  • edited June 2012
    I think he was panicking to much to think properly. When the walkers came, he didn't have time to think, he just had to run.
  • edited June 2012
    Yes, all of us here would assume zombie apocalypse if something like that went down. Dead cop comes back to life and tries eating me, I assume correct. That is why our generation is best suited to survive a zombie apocalypse, we aren't ignorant to zombie lore.

As far as gun training, I agree. He handled that shotgun really well, no hesitation or fumbling around looking for the (I have no idea what its called actually...the place where you chamber the shell). He also didn't snap his shoulder up when he fired it.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited June 2012
    ...and he was pretty much out of ammo. ;)
  • edited June 2012
    KingMojo24 wrote: »
    As far as gun training, I agree. He handled that shotgun really well, no hesitation or fumbling around looking for the (I have no idea what its called actually...the place where you chamber the shell). He also didn't snap his shoulder up when he fired it.

He did drop the pellet to the ground on his first attempt at reloading, though.
  • edited June 2012
    I'm not sure about Lee being anti-violence...I mean I don't know about you guys, but it was a bit excessive how many times you can smash the babysitter's zombie face in...I mean good gravy...literally!
  • edited June 2012
    Darthchair wrote: »
    I'm not sure about Lee being anti-violence...I mean I don't know about you guys, but it was a bit excessive how many times you can smash the babysitter's zombie face in...I mean good gravy...literally!

'better safe than zombie chow'
  • edited June 2012
    Are we sure he was a zombie at all? He could woken in shock, panicked when he saw his limbs pointing the wrong way, then crawled towards Lee for salvation. For all we know those grunts and moans were from a damaged throat, and he was actually screaming for help.

Well you helped him alright, didn't you Lee? A slug to the head cures any ailment, is that it? You sick bastard.
  • CapnJayCapnJay Banned
    edited June 2012
    Are we sure he was a zombie at all? He could woken in shock, panicked when he saw his limbs pointing the wrong way, then crawled towards Lee for salvation. For all we know those grunts and moans were from a damaged throat, and he was actually screaming for help.

Well you helped him alright, didn't you Lee? A slug to the head cures any ailment, is that it? You sick bastard.

Wasnt that the start of the last Jamie Lee Curtis movie? Michael dressed up the security guard as him in H20 and then crushed his vocal chords so he was reaching out for help and she chopped his head off
  • edited June 2012
    also, yes i don't disagree with lee's constant hitting is alittle excessive hence my poll in the clem thread..

but e3 snippets has shown the gore level in ep1 is only a tame start to the rest of the game !

example (spoiler)
    gouging out a walkers eyes with your fingers or thumbs? and hoping 'larry' with an axe doesn't miss ? and the unseen but mentioned amputation of a leg ?
  • edited June 2012
    If there was a real outbreak. People would blame drugs and then...it would be to late.

People who don't believe zombie outbreaks could actually happen would be bitten and spread it like wild fire.

And as a Gamer I did want to return to the police car. When the car is flipping you see all kinds of survival goodies. I mean, Lee ends up injured and doesn't even try to get into the medical kit in the front seat?

Edit: Yeah I know zombies came out of no where. But still..lol
  • edited June 2012
    SrslyYo? wrote: »
    If there was a real outbreak. People would blame drugs and then...it would be to late.

People who don't believe zombie outbreaks could actually happen would be bitten and spread it like wild fire.

And as a Gamer I did want to return to the police car. When the car is flipping you see all kinds of survival goodies. I mean, Lee ends up injured and doesn't even try to get into the medical kit in the front seat?

Edit: Yeah I know zombies came out of no where. But still..lol

or taking the shotgun /handgun on the now dead cops belt heck even the hand cuffs ;) ;)
This discussion has been closed.