The ultimate zombie survival game

edited June 2012 in The Walking Dead
It's called Dayz. It's a mod for arma 2.
How would you survive in a zombie apocalypse? What would you do to survive? Would you trust a complete stranger?
Personally it's the sort of multiplayer experience I've been after for ages...my ideal zombie game. It's a bit like the walking dead. It's not the zombies you have to fear, but each other.
It's already put Arma 2 in the steam top sellers list and it's a 3 year old game. Bare in mind that you either need to buy Arma 2: Combined operations (arma 2 and the expansion, Operation arrowhead), or arma 2 free and operation arrowhead which is cheaper.
Check the site out.
http://dayzmod.com/

Comments

• edited June 2012
    Nice timing. It got hacked yesterday. :P
  • edited June 2012
    Masta23 wrote: »
    It's called Dayz. It's a mod for arma 2.
    How would you survive in a zombie apocalypse? What would you do to survive? Would you trust a complete stranger?
    Personally it's the sort of multiplayer experience I've been after for ages...my ideal zombie game. It's a bit like the walking dead. It's not the zombies you have to fear, but each other.
    It's already put Arma 2 in the steam top sellers list and it's a 3 year old game. Bare in mind that you either need to buy Arma 2: Combined operations (arma 2 and the expansion, Operation arrowhead), or arma 2 free and operation arrowhead which is cheaper.
    Check the site out.
    http://dayzmod.com/

Trust no one. And shoot everyone, before they might shoot you.
    Played it for a while, and tried to be a good guy. It only backfired.
    Next time me and a friend enters we will kill everyone we see. Spare no one unless we know they can be trusted.
  • edited June 2012
    Lars80 wrote: »
    Trust no one. And shoot everyone, before they might shoot you.
    Played it for a while, and tried to be a good guy. It only backfired.
    Next time me and a friend enters we will kill everyone we see. Spare no one unless we know they can be trusted.
    Haha, well it's much more fun with a group of friends. We have just found a 4 seater van, and we have our nicely hidden camp. We also plan to find a boat. But yeah there are a lot of people who shoot first and ask questions later.
  • edited June 2012
    Masta23 wrote: »
    Haha, well it's much more fun with a group of friends. We have just found a 4 seater van, and we have our nicely hidden camp. We also plan to find a boat. But yeah there are a lot of people who shoot first and ask questions later.

Well. You can be a good guy and not shoot first.
    But you wont live long.
    That one guy of the 40 players on the server will get you sooner or later.

And i dont think this is the ultimate game. Because alot of people do stupid shit you would never do in an actual zombie apocalypse.
    And there isnt enough zombies to be a problem.
    And zombies run outdoor and walk indoor. So if you wanna rack up zombie kills you should get an Enfield, stand in a warehouse and just shoot anything that comes at you. Can easily kill 100 zombies in one hour.
    I found the game to be annoying, and to much PVP and to few zombies.
  • edited June 2012
    Ditto....Played it for a few hours at my friends' to see if I wanted to buy it. Too many tards on there, and the superfast, glitchy, laggy running zombies kinda ruin it. On top of the original game not being that great imo, and the graphics were never that good.

Arma 3, I might go for. Hopefully they have a mod like this for that day 1 and it'll be huge.
  • edited June 2012
    Sounds cooly. Gotta check it out.
  • edited June 2012
    The ultimate zombie survival game will be ZombieU when the wii U comes out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81GJDhkAWv4&feature=related

I'm getting the Wii U just for it. =]
  • edited June 2012
    Isaak971 wrote: »
    The ultimate zombie survival game will be ZombieU when the wii U comes out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81GJDhkAWv4&feature=related

I'm getting the Wii U just for it. =]

is this by the same team who did the first red steel for the wii ?

because that looked mint like zombiu but played like utter shite...
  • edited June 2012
    Im finding DayZ really hard. cant find anything and constantly getting killed which is a shame because I would really like to get into it but probably gonna end up swerving it altogether
  • edited June 2012
    Im finding DayZ really hard. cant find anything and constantly getting killed which is a shame because I would really like to get into it but probably gonna end up swerving it altogether

The game is all about griefing.
    The only way to survive is to trust no one, but who wants to play a game like that.
This discussion has been closed.