WDTG Contest and WDTTS contest?

edited June 2012 in The Walking Dead
http://www.thewalkingdeadpremiere.com/
Are they doing this because the game had a contest where 4 lucky people get to be zombies and 1 gets to be alive, then dies in game and becomes a zombie? Or is this quiencidence? :)

I think thats intresting that they did that right after the game come out and had a contest of it's own!

Comments

• edited June 2012
    the game has 6 slots via preorders

1 person will be an active character who is turned and then killed the other 5 are just zombies....

probably they copied it for the tv show...
  • edited June 2012
    I guess they never picked a winner for that yet, huh?
  • CapnJayCapnJay Banned
    edited June 2012
    I have a fun game enter the premiere contest website and go to the rules section and post anything that sounds like a tremendous "FUCK YOU" to the winner

Example:
    # Prize: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: A trip for two (2) to Los Angeles, CA. Trip package includes round-trip, coach-class air transportation for two (2) from a major airport near winner’s home (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to Los Angeles, CA; three (3) nights' accommodations at a hotel determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion (single room, double occupancy); the opportunity to attend The Waking Dead season 3 premiere as well as participating in a meet and greet session with the cast members (all details and itinerary will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion); ground transportation to and from hotel and premiere; a custom zombie bust which will be molded for winner only (all details and itinerary will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion); and $500 spending money. Winner must be available to travel during October 2012 or prize will be forfeited. Trip must be booked at least twenty-one (21) days prior to departure. Trip subject to availability and blackout dates. Travel must be round-trip. Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Sweepstakes, and those set forth by the Sponsor’s airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of winner. Travel companion must be eighteen (18) years of age or older, unless travel companion is a child of the winner, as of the date of departure or a sibling/friend of winner with the appropriate parental permissions and releases and must travel on same itinerary and at the same time as the winner. If winner is a minor in his/her place of residence, travel companion must be winner’s parent/legal guardian. Travel companion must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of travel documents. If winner is a Canadian resident, winner and travel companion are solely responsible for obtaining valid passports and any other documents necessary for international travel. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. If in the judgment of Sponsor air travel is not required due to winner’s proximity to prize location, ground transportation will be substituted for roundtrip air travel at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $11,000 USD. Actual value may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value.
    # General Prize Conditions: All federal, state, and local taxes on prize are winner's responsibility. A 1099 tax form for the ARV of the prize will be issued if the Grand Prize Winner is from the United States. The specifics of the aforementioned prize in the Sweepstakes shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. Some restrictions may apply. Prize cannot be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash. The Sponsor, at its sole discretion, reserves their right to substitute the prize, or portion(s) thereof, with a prize of comparable or greater value. Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Odds of winning the prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
  • edited June 2012
    does it really say all that ?
  • CapnJayCapnJay Banned
    edited June 2012
    go look
  • edited June 2012
    lol aye wouldn't bother sounds like a load of hassle
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2012
    Those are pretty normal terms and conditions for any prize that involves travel. Would you seriously expect them to delay the premiere and rearrange cast member schedules just to accommodate the whims of the prize winner?

Anyway, it sounds like a cool prize.
  • CapnJayCapnJay Banned
    edited June 2012
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    Those are pretty normal terms and conditions for any prize that involves travel. Would you seriously expect them to delay the premiere and rearrange cast member schedules just to accommodate the whims of the prize winner?

Anyway, it sounds like a cool prize.

ground transportation, So if you want to get around like say to the destination your paying the fare

meals, if you don't got the money guess youll have to starve

Incidentals i'm guessing thats like shampoo or things im not sure so that might be ok

passenger tariffs or duties the hell?

, airline fees, You know Airlines love to rip you off on that

surcharges, Again you know they love that

airport fees, Every damn chance they get

service charges or facility charges what do they mean by this its obviously not pay per view and room service because thats

, personal charges at lodging, Yeah i can see why sponsors wouldnt want room service

security fees, taxes or other expenses Just everything about basically. When you consider 500 Dollars of spending money and 1000 dollars worth of fees you just got ripped off

are the responsibility solely of winner.
  • edited June 2012
    LMFAO, how stupid are they?
  • CapnJayCapnJay Banned
    edited June 2012
    I applied just so if i win i can tell them to shove it up their collective asses. i don't even care about the tv show
  • edited June 2012
    You can take me with you, then we can make fun of the cast the whole time! lol I actually like the show, better than a lot of cable TV. Def not up to par with the comic, book, or game though.
  • CapnJayCapnJay Banned
    edited June 2012
    I keep picturing sheriff Carter from Eureka as the protagonist. I think it would have been a much better show with him. But Ricks gotta be true to Robert Kirkman's story. I don't think i'd like seeing Sheriff Carter making decisions like Rick Has Had/Will Have to make.
This discussion has been closed.