Cutscene lag on highend machine?

edited June 2012 in The Walking Dead
Hi guys! Sorry to bother you all but I've been having a bit of an issue.
I just bought this game the other day off of Steam and I have to say that it is fantastic! Me and my friend have been playing it non-stop! I originally had an issue starting the game; I would open it through steam or even the .exe file and nothing would happen at all, no error screen, nothing. I read a thread on here that told me to run it in compatibility mode (windows 98/me). This surprisingly fixed the problem and it runs fine now :D. However I am pressed with a new problem.

First off, here are my PC specs:
I have an Alienware m17x r4
Core i7-3720QM 4-Core 2.6GHz turbo speed of 3.6 ghz
8gb 1600hz DDR3 ram
Geforce gtx675m with 2 gb vram with a memory clock of 1700mhz and a graphics clock of 730 mhz as well as an intel HD 3 card or somethign similar for power saving mode.
I have windows seven running on an mSATA boot drive of 64gb and I also have a 400 gb HDD where all my application files are stored.

Also I'd like to note my PC can run games like Just cause 2 or Saints Row 3 everything on ultra with 50-60 fps. Even BF3 runs fine, everything on ultra and I still get around 45-50 fps. I've checked the system requirements for this game and my specs well exceed all of them. I have been running the game everything on ultra resolution 1920x1080. Using fraps, I know I've been getting 60 fps in gameplay but during cinematics if there is a lot of action or gunplay the screen will freeze up for a second making it really hard to see whats going on. Basicly It will turn to a slide show for a second or two then back up to 60 fps. I have tried disabling steam in game, playing offline, verifying integrity of game cache, defragmenting game cache, running using administrator, run using graphics processor, Nvidia control panel has been customized to use only my nvidia card. I'm just wondering if anyone else is having this problem? It makes the game almost unplayable because it happens so frequently and all the scary moments are ruined and turned into 1-2 second long slide shows. I've also tried turning down the graphics settings in-game and that doesn't help either. Also idk if this makes a difference but the game when I first started it up wanted to run in windowed mode.

Anyways, thanks all who can help!:D

Edit: Also my drivers should be up to date, I bought this laptop a month ago and I can't find any new drivers anywhere.

Comments

• edited June 2012
    pc specs then you say laptop lol bit different ;)

doesn't make sense unless you have a fault somewhere..

which gfx settings have you tried ?

all i can suggest is re install the game and check alienware site for driver info
  • edited June 2012
    Lol sorry! and It might just be my drivers. I've been having issues with a few games yet dell has no new drivers for me. :/ I've tried installing the old ones to no avail :/ oh well. thanks for the help!
  • edited June 2012
    SlimDrivers may detect any out-of-date drivers.

Google the issue with your graphics card. I had a similar issue with Deus Ex and google told me the answer.
This discussion has been closed.