Cheated outta my extras

edited July 2012 in Back to the Future
Hey guys,

First off I've been a long-time supported and buyer of Telltale games all the way back to their first CSI game. You guys make awesome adventure games - thank you and well done!

Secondly, I've been real excited about BTTF. So excited, in fact, that I visited my local store (in South Africa)and bought the disc version (instead of waiting and buying the special edition online with TT as I had planned to).

Anyway, as some of you might know already from past posts of others, although the disc cover says (ON THE DVD: complete behind the scenes video series and video reels with hours of audio commentary) these extras are nowhere to be seen. (I know this is not TT's fault, but their Euro publishers).

Apparently these are available somewhere on the net, but here in SA our internet is dreadfully slow so that option is not viable to me (which is why I can't/don't download the epsiodes).

I have emailed Koch Media customer support and asked them to send me the features on a disc but have not received a whisper in reply. WHAT A SCAM!

Anyway...was just wondering if you guys at Telltale, or anyone else who might read these forums, might have any suggestions for me so I can receive what I paid for, or provide the contact details of the euro watchdog?

Many thanks.

Comments

• MarkDarinMarkDarin Former Telltale Staff
    edited July 2012
    If I remember correctly, those bonus features ARE featured on the disc, but you need to use a DVD player to access them. (I might be wrong on this, but I kinda remember that)

So take the disk out of your computer and pop it into your DVD player and see if that works. :)
  • edited July 2012
    Hey MarkDarin, thanks for the reply.
    Unfortunately, no, they were not included on the DVD, I have checked everything on the disc and the only things on it are the autorun, install and 5 episodes of the game.
    Someone said in an earlier post that the UK publishers forgot to put the extras on the disc!
    Really quite a poor show as it is false advertising...
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited July 2012
    lachop wrote: »
    Anyway...was just wondering if you guys at Telltale, or anyone else who might read these forums, might have any suggestions for me so I can receive what I paid for, or provide the contact details of the euro watchdog?
    You can contact the Advertising Standards Authority of South Africa with your complaint.
  • edited July 2012
    Can you return it to the shop?
  • edited July 2012
    Hi Jennifer and FitzoliverJ. Thanks for the replies, I really appreciate it.
    I will try return the game to the store I bought it from tomorrow and I will certainly be getting in touch with the Advertising Standards Authority.

Delivering a flawed product is not good, but having a lack of accountability about it is unforgivable.
  • edited July 2012
    Check out this post, DeepSilver has released BttF extras online.
  • edited July 2012
    Hi Farlander and thanks for the reply. As I stated in my initial post, though, downloading or even viewing online content is impossible for many in SA, me included. Also, if something says it is in the box, then it should be in the box!

Anyway, Koch Media finally replied to me, ignoring my requests to send a cd to me with the extras on it:
    **Dear Customer,
    we are terribly sorry, the text is just wrong on the back, there is no extra CD or DVD, this content is only available via download.**

This sounds like a great way to sell something, no? Buy this Mercedes with extra stereo and air con included. Oh, you didn't receive the extras? The text is just wrong on the back I guess!!

Word of warning to all euro and african consumers: buy from Telltale directly!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.