Please Post Your Review of Season 1 on Amazon

edited August 2007 in Sam & Max
This is just a reminder for everyone to post a review of the Season 1 DVD on Amazon (Or anywhere else for that matter.). Just be honest and make the review as detailed as possible. :)

Season 1 - Amazon

Comments

• edited August 2007
    Yeah we should get at least 100 reviews.. and it does make a difference
  • edited August 2007
    2 reviews! :D Jeez, they only have one left in stock. : / For $27.99, you'd have to be crazy not to buy one though.
  • edited August 2007
    I bet they'll filter my review out, lol
  • edited August 2007
    Yeah, um, try not to make your reviews too positive. Just be honest. If all the reviews are completely positive, it might work against us and actually scare people away.
  • edited August 2007
    I'm waiting for The Effigy Mound (and even for the re-release of Surfing the Highway) to make its way to Amazon.com so I can start on making a "So you want to..." guide.:D

And since TTG has posted that History of Sam & Max here, I think I have enough "research" material to make a good guide.
  • edited August 2007
    come on people we gotta do better than 3 reviews..
  • edited August 2007
    I will write mine as soon as I get my order. I don't want to write it yet because I want to check out the DVD first. :)
  • edited August 2007
    Is it just me or are the reviews up really, really upbeat... Like unbelievably so, ease up guys.
  • edited August 2007
    pifish wrote: »
    Is it just me or are the reviews up really, really upbeat... Like unbelievably so, ease up guys.

Umm some people really liked the game.. I just gave an honest review don't see anything wrong with that. As long as you give reasons for why you enjoyed the game it can be quite helpful.
  • edited August 2007
    After 13 years you can expect people to be pretty excited, especially when it's gone as well as it has. As long as everyone here does their best to be as unbiased and truthful as possible in their reviews, you couldn't ask for more either way.
  • edited August 2007
    Besides, what sounds better - 4 star or 5 star?
    Exactly! :D
  • edited August 2007
    Yeah, well, if there's 100 5 star reviews people would think that was pretty bizzare. Plus that might piss of Amazon, for some reason.
  • edited August 2007
    Someone post a negative review to ballence it out saying something stupid like.... "I hate this game because I don't believe in talking animals"
  • edited August 2007
    xChri5x wrote: »
    Someone post a negative review to ballence it out saying something stupid like.... "I hate this game because I don't believe in talking animals"

To be honest, I think it is fine if the game gets loads of five stars. If that's what people really think, then that's fine!
  • jmmjmm
    edited August 2007

"This game is a waste of money and time. It can't get more stupid than a talking dog and a "rabbit" moving around annoying NPCs and only 3-4 locations per game. Oh, and the music is too jazzy, the graphics are below par and the game can be completed in 2 hours. 0/5 stars"

Good enough to cancel all the good stuff?
  • edited August 2007
    jmm wrote: »
    "This game is a waste of money and time. It can't get more stupid than a talking dog and a "rabbit" moving around annoying NPCs and only 3-4 locations per game. Oh, and the music is too jazzy, the graphics are below par and the game can be completed in 2 hours. 0/5 stars"

Good enough to cancel all the good stuff?

"Firstly, a talking dog? Oh WOW, really creative... and a talking RABBIT? Why didn't I think of that?! Oh wait, I did.... WHEN I WAS TWO. Sam and Max is a game about two stupid creatures (that just need to be eaten) that wander about trying to solve a crime, but they are too stupid to solve it and make you do it instead... and you have to pay $27.99 to do it! And don't get me started on the graphics - I zoomed in x1 billion and it went all blurry; talk about low-res textures.

To put it simply, Sam and Max is the worst game ever. 'cept maybe Bone. That sucked."
  • edited August 2007
    The sad thing is that sooner or later, someone WILL post a review like that...
  • jmmjmm
    edited August 2007
    Or spoilery ones....
    and the bad guy is Hugh Bliss, for those who are not brain dead, you can see that coming from episode 1!

or
    Best game ever! I loved to nuke Abe on Ep 4!
  • edited August 2007
    Number of Registered forum members: 7, 387
    Number of Amazon Reviews: 6

:(
  • edited August 2007
    Hero1 wrote: »
    Number of Registered forum members: 7, 387
    Number of Amazon Reviews: 6

:(

What's your point? In order for the remaining to post a review, they need to make an amazon account. And some of them probably don't want to give a heavily commercial site like amazon their phone number, let alone their e-mail addy.
  • edited August 2007
    do you have to give a phone number to write a review?
  • edited August 2007
    It's part of the registration process. At least it was for me.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2007
    I think people reviewing the game who actually want to review the game will be fine :P
  • edited August 2007
    "This is a series of 'games' involving a dog and a hare. They have to solve puzzles which I found sometimes too hard to do. I had to Google up a 'Walk thru' many times or I would be stuck -- which would really be a waste of money. Anyhoo, if there are people out there who still believe in fairy tales and talking animals (Winnie the Pooh or Doogal, anyone?), or people who are craving for frustrating click-here, say-the-password ('Ken sent me'), etc type of 'gaming', then they should get this. Even 'modern' 3D graphics to make it look more like Halo instead of Kings Quest can't help it.

1 out of 5 stars, for the hand drawn box graphic."

Okay, where was my Amazon-account to log-in to that website ...? :D
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2007
    Great reviews so far. :)

Has anyone seen the game in a store? We keep going to Best Buy with the camera but it's not there yet.
  • edited August 2007
    I posted mine... Sorry I only give it 4/5 ^^
  • edited August 2007
    4/5 is just fine. :)

We're up to 8 reviews now! :D Also, I notice that before it said 81% of the people who viewed Season 1 bought it. Now it says 84% buy it. :)
  • edited August 2007
    AdamG wrote: »
    Also, I notice that before it said 81% of the people who viewed Season 1 bought it. Now it says 84% buy it. :)

And it's #198 in Video Games Sales ranking and #6 in PC Adventures ...
  • edited August 2007
    The fact that it is Ships from and sold by J&R Music and Computer Worldmight put people off, unless it is normal for stuff to be sold via other companies on Amazon US? I know I only buy stuff from Amazon themselves.

On Amazon UK, it is only sold by other companies if it is no longer in stock or Amazon don't want to stock it, so I guess it is the same on the US one?
  • edited August 2007
    Hmm, that's weird, the disc on Amazon UK is almost twice the price of the game on the US site? Is the higher price because of the European translations, or just another case of rip-off Britain?
    I've ordered the bonus disc anyway, so I'm happy with that :).

I've not got an Amazon account myself, but my bro's birthday's coming up soon so I'll probably have to get one to buy the games he wants, so when I do, I'll do my part reviewing the game for the UK site.
  • edited August 2007
    Badwolf wrote: »
    Hmm, that's weird, the disc on Amazon UK is almost twice the price of the game on the US site? Is the higher price because of the European translations, or just another case of rip-off Britain?
    I've ordered the bonus disc anyway, so I'm happy with that :).

I've not got an Amazon account myself, but my bro's birthday's coming up soon so I'll probably have to get one to buy the games he wants, so when I do, I'll do my part reviewing the game for the UK site.

That'd be the increased price of everything in Britain. :)
  • edited August 2007
    I've reviewed it on Amazon UK, giving it 4/5 and what I think is a fair review: nearly all positive but mentioning my two main gripes.

I hope people ARE being sincere with their scores - I know we all want the average score to be high, but just bear in mind it's not fair on the customers wanting an honest response to give a game 5/5 when you actually think it's worth less, which is what people often do when they want a game they like to stay high scoring in spite of any bad reviews that might turn up. If you gave it 5/5, do you really think it's near-perfect? Also, I don't want to be a cynic, but it's pretty uncommon for 100% of 'customers' who vote to consider the review helpful...

Ironically, if you end up persuading people who aren't likely to enjoy the game to buy it anyway, they may respond with very negative reviews.
  • jmmjmm
    edited August 2007
    Posted mine.
    I gave S&M 4 out of 5
  • edited August 2007
    i posted reviews on amazon uk and play.com
    not the best writing quality but im doing maths and further maths a levels so i couldn't care less
  • edited August 2007
    I haven't found it in Best Buy canada or EB games. Although Best Buy's Coming Soon Chart thingy has "Sam & Max" listed under the section for games.
  • edited August 2007
    9 reviews, average of five stars with 88% buying the item featured on the page! HOORAY! :D

damn those 12% percent...
  • edited August 2007
    damn those 22% percent...
    That would be 12%.:) [/nitpicking mathematician mode]
  • edited August 2007
    Harald B wrote: »
    That would be 12%.:) [/nitpicking mathematician mode]

Um, I totally said that anyway! :D
  • edited August 2007
    I found Season One retail in ebgames today (Canada). The packaging wasn't that impressive. The image for Hit the Road in the "History" was kind of random too. Neat to see Sam & Max in a store again though!
    It was $30 CAD
  • edited August 2007
    I found Season One retail in ebgames today (Canada). The packaging wasn't that impressive. The image for Hit the Road in the "History" was kind of random too. Neat to see Sam & Max in a store again though!
    It was $30 CAD

Was it the same packaging as every other store is selling or was it some kind of special packaging for that store?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.