Possible Copyright Issues?

Hey everyone,
I plan on doing a video walkthrough of Back to the Future on PS3 on my youtube channel, and when I came across the ending of the first episode I saw the credits show that it's the original theme(which I sort of guessed) and something to do with Huey Lewis. Is there any way I could get copyright strikes from posting this since I do not have written permission by the artist? I just want to be sure so I don't end up uploading 5 parts and getting a strike on the very first one with the main theme playing.

Thanks!

Comments

• the fast answer is yes. A very common thing (and annoying) on youtube; Someone uploads an entire film so they need to break it into several parts. The last part of course will be the one where the film ends and the final credits roll. If that end song in the credits has copyright issues, they will disable the sound on that video.

So for instance I doubt anyone would even be able to upload the third film to youtube but let's say they did; they'd break it up into around 10 parts. But ZZ top did not authorize doubleback so part 10 gets the sound removed. Or someone uploads part 1 in the same manner, Huey Lewis does the same thing. Parts 1, 2, and 10 get removed.
  • edited September 2012
    Well, actually, the disabled music depends not on YouTube, but on copyright holder and what the copyright holder allows or not.

A lot of copyrighted content just results in ads appearing on your video.
  • edited September 2012
    That's why most people turn their sound down a bit enough to where music cannot be heard.
  • edited September 2012
    Well yes if theres no commentary during the walkthrough/ending of walkthrough. If you dont want to risk a strike try commentary on the walkthrough and u shouldnt have a problem but youtube is so stupid they have idiots that strike anyone that they see making it big so commentary is more than everything now a days
  • Well yes if theres no commentary during the walkthrough/ending of walkthrough. If you dont want to risk a strike try commentary on the walkthrough and u shouldnt have a problem but youtube is so stupid they have idiots that strike anyone that they see making it big so commentary is more than everything now a days

Yeah you're right. They have measures which detect copyrighted material so best to speak during that to distort the music.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.