favourite game of all time

edited February 2008 in General Chat
what is everyones favourite game they have ever had

mine is skies of arcadia (legends) (due to the additional content such as bounties)

Comments

• edited August 2007
    Monkey Island 2
  • edited August 2007
    It's difficult to pick just one, but it would have to be one of the Gabriel Knight-games. I can't decide which one, though. I remember having to convince my parents to buy me GK2 when I first saw it in the store as a kid. :D
  • edited August 2007
    Space Quest III: The Pirates of Pestulon

I loved it so much when I was a kid, it was the funniest of them all in my opinion.
  • edited August 2007
    Hooey, that's a hard question. It's a toss-up between Blood, The Neverhood, HtR, Phantasmagoria, and (recently) BioShock. I simply cannot choose between them.
  • edited August 2007
    Favorite 'PC' game of all time?

DOOM
  • edited August 2007
    Some that instantly stand out are Monkey Island 3 and Simon the Sorcerer 2.
  • edited August 2007
    Loom, the original disk version. Unfortunately, great though the talky version is, it cuts out a lot of dialogue that's in the original text. A shame too.. I love that dialogue.
  • edited August 2007
    dloeke wrote: »
    It's difficult to pick just one, but it would have to be one of the Gabriel Knight-games. I can't decide which one, though. I remember having to convince my parents to buy me GK2 when I first saw it in the store as a kid. :D

Agreed. That is one of my all time favourite series but I cannot pick between GK1 and GK2.

I also love the first two Monkey Island games and both It Came from the Desert games (well ICFTD2 is a data disk but other than the fact that is uses much of the same graphics, it's for all purposes a seperate game).
  • edited August 2007
    Final Fantasy Tactics.
  • edited August 2007
    Well, it's not an adventure game, but my favorite game of all time would have to be Chrono Trigger for the Super Nintendo. It has a deep story, and plus, I'm a time travel fanatic.

I wish that Nintendo/Square would come to an agreement, and release it on the Wii Virtual Console already.
  • edited August 2007
    Well...here we go:

For pure gameplay, definately the fifa series, more specifically, fifa07...just love sports and I've spent hours messing around on fifa...

For great story, either MGS (Any of the series) or FF7...

For just plain funness (word? XD ), Definately Sam & Max Hit the Road...love that game so much...

And to gain some kudo's with the dev team/forum leaders, definately S&M season 1... ;)
  • edited August 2007
    Some that instantly stand out are Monkey Island 3 and Simon the Sorcerer 2.

Just like to add Simpsons Hit and Run. That game was really fun. :)
  • edited August 2007
    Just like to add Simpsons Hit and Run. That game was really fun. :)

is he completely insane
  • edited August 2007
    The Secret of Monkey Island, no doubt about it.

A strong second place would be Hit the Road.
  • edited August 2007
    Far too many choices. A few of my favorites are Myst, Sam & Max, King's Quest 6, and Civilization III.
  • edited August 2007
    Kedri wrote: »
    Far too many choices. A few of my favorites are Myst, Sam & Max, King's Quest 6, and Civilization III.
    Have you played Civ IV? That one was much better than III.
  • edited August 2007
    Ultima IV, Civ, Super Mario Kart, System Shock 2, X-Com & Longest Journey
    ... are all pretty funky (though I've a feeling I've forgotten a couple of my all time fave's)

Think different? Well screw you!!
    Screw you I say!!
  • edited August 2007
    Mack daddy.. doom? Really? like the originals? or the new one? Ive talked to tom hall at length about doom and he says its the worst game he has ever worked on :P
    If ya dont know tom hall wiki that guy he is great XD new mmo coming out.

Me .. personally I cant pick a favorite unless I go by what the game was released on.

Ill list em if wanted...
  • edited August 2007
    its supposed to be the one that instantly stands out to you
  • edited August 2007
    NatsFan wrote: »
    Have you played Civ IV? That one was much better than III.

No I haven't, actually. It's not on Gametap.
  • edited September 2007
    Outlaws? Bad Mojo? Monkey Island? The Longest Journey? I can't choose just one game!
  • edited September 2007
    Siletnt Hill 2
  • edited September 2007
    just too many to say....but think i would say Gears of War
  • edited September 2007
    Day of the Tentacle was one of my favourites as a kid. I can quote that game endlessly. On my DOTT cd I had my first taste of Sam and Max in the form of the HtR demo, which I would play all the time.

Jak and Daxter was fun, but Daxter seemed too much like a less violent Max ripoff.

Ultima Underworld remains to this day my all-time favourite dungeon crawler. I like TES, but UW definately had the charm of being the first.

Black Dahlia is another of my favourite games. I have too many favourites, I guess.
  • edited September 2007
    Monkey Island, Alien Breed 2 and Thief at a shared first place for me.
  • edited September 2007
    This has nothing to do with the fact that this is telltalegames.com, but my favorite games really are sam and max, its just that... i never.. NEVER have gotten into a game so much that i wanna know everything about it and its history. for instance after i beat season one i tracked down a copy of "hit the road" watched all the cartoons ( except for "fools die on friday because i just cant seem to be able to find it:confused:) and im working on all the comics, Sam isnt the only one max cracks up:D
  • edited September 2007
    oh and what does AllenB mean by that daxter is a less violent max rip-off? do you mean the character or te game
  • edited September 2007
    The character, I should think.

I see where he's coming from, Daxter's always got the last word, he gets on the main character's nerves although they're still good friends, and he's the bigger comic of the duo.
  • edited September 2007
    I think Daxter is an absolute ripoff of Disneys Timon.. (from the lion king or Timon and Pumba)
  • edited September 2007
    Favourite game ever? Tricky...

Probably Sam & Max and Grim Fadango. Sam and Max because ever since I played Episode One I've been obsessed with everything to with them and Grim Fandango because nothing else beats it. Brilliant classic game.
  • jmmjmm
    edited September 2007
    Montezuma's Revenge (Atari) and Maniac Mansion (PC)

Then, I have a tie between S&M: HTR and Gabriel Knight
  • edited September 2007
    Kaldire wrote: »
    Mack daddy.. doom? Really? like the originals? or the new one? Ive talked to tom hall at length about doom and he says its the worst game he has ever worked on :P
    If ya dont know tom hall wiki that guy he is great XD new mmo coming out.

Me .. personally I cant pick a favorite unless I go by what the game was released on.

Ill list em if wanted...

Hey Kaldire! Yeah, the original Doom was the first game to tear me away from my Amiga and get into PC's. I had also never seen or played anything like it before. I have spent many hours playing Doom, Doom II, Doom3, etc...especially multiplayer. I'm a huge fan of id software and I own every single one of thier games from Commander Keen on up.

Wow, you got to speak with Tom Hall?? He's a pretty funny guy from what I hear. From what I have read (Masters of Doom) after the success of Doom he wanted to get back into making more light hearted/humorous games like Commander Keen and not focus on darker edged "demonic" type games like Doom II which was obviously the direction the company was going in.
  • edited September 2007
    OH so hard to choose. But Grim fandango and Monkey Island is the favorites.

The best FPS is definitive Duke Nukem.

And Red Alert, Age of Empires and Homeworld the best RTS.

Ehm and Transport Tycoon:)
  • edited September 2007
    Day of the Tentacle. I would kill to play that game again, but I don't have the system for it.
  • MelMel
    edited September 2007
    Use ScummVM.
  • edited September 2007
    patters wrote: »
    is he completely insane

I know, I know. I just have a real strange love for that game. :D
  • edited September 2007
    Jostein wrote: »
    The best FPS is definitive Duke Nukem.

SECOND! Man I wish I could get that game to run, all our computers are too fast for it. I've played all the Duke Nukem games and that includes the ever obscure Duke Nukem 1 and 2, alot of people don't realise that Duke Nukem 3D was actually Duke Nukem 3.
  • edited September 2007
    So many games, so many favorites. I just can't pick from which is the best.
  • edited September 2007
    I just thought of a space sim I played a couple of years back; "Tachyon: The Fringe"

Anyone played that one?

It's brilliant. Must be the best space sim i've played. (I don't like space sims in general, but this one was amazing)
  • edited September 2007
    Odd though it may sound to me, and others people I know, I would have to say that as of right now, it would HAVE to be Psychonauts. It is the ONLY game I have ever played 3 times in a span of 3 months.

Other favorite series/games are Myst, Sam & Max, Beyond Good and Evil, and Prince of Persia.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.