Warner Bros Poker Night at the Inventory in 2013?

"Another major project in production for 2013 is Poker Night at the Inventory, developed in partnership with Warner Bros."

http://www.northbaybusinessjournal.com/64865/telltale-games-plans-major-expansion/

Is this a wire-crossed thing, or is there a new version coming out with new licensed (Looney Tunes?) characters?

Comments

• edited November 2012
    Intriguing. And I wonder what it would have to be like to be considered a major project.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited November 2012
    As much as a Looney Toon Poker Night would be intriguing, wouldn't it just be exactly the same game? And wouldn't an all-WB-cast be a bit boring?

...all right, they could put Casablanca characters on the table. I want to play poker with Bogey.

I'd rather this was just a typo. Just "something" at the inventory, not necessarily poker.
  • edited November 2012
    It's possible the writer of the article meant Fables (which is coming in 2013, and developed in partnership with Warner Bros.), but ended up putting Poker Night there by mistake.

I'd love if we got a sequel, though.
  • edited November 2012
    Strangely enough, I'm rather interested in an expansion that pits Bugs, Yosemite Sam, Elmer, and Daffy against the player similar to that to the original crew.

I can see Sam trying to peak at Bugs' cards, but an ear smacks him away. I can see Sam loosing horribly, only to draw his guns... and get tossed out for the end of the round. I can see Daffy loosing... and saying "You're des-pick-able" before storming off. I can see Bugs and Elmer being gentlemanly about loosing.
  • edited December 2012
    Maybe it will Scooby-Doo and Shaggy or maybe Fred Flintstone or the Banana Splits.
  • edited December 2012
    Weren't we hinted with a sequel with "Murder at the Inventory"?
  • edited December 2012
    Lucoshi wrote: »
    Maybe it will Scooby-Doo and Shaggy or maybe Fred Flintstone or the Banana Splits.

Hanna-Barbera theme? Fred Flintstone, Shaggy, Huckleberry Hound, and Jose (from Jose and the Pussycats).
  • edited December 2012
    Lucoshi wrote: »
    It will be poker night with Shaggy and Scooby-Doo must.
  • edited December 2012
    As long as there is promos for TF2 ill be happy.
  • edited December 2012
    aaron1290 wrote: »
    As long as there is promos for TF2 ill be happy.

Considering most of Poker Night's sales came from TF2 fans, there'd pretty much have to be. :rolleyes:
  • edited December 2012
    You know, Warner Bros owns DC comics. Can anyone say Joker night at the Inventory?

I'm terrible, I know.

Seriously, though, I'm still waiting for murder night. Think of all the cool cartoon detectives WB has. Batman, Mystery Inc., uh.... others...

Okay, maybe I'm still being silly, I didn't get a lot of sleep last night.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.