please don't screw this up

2»

Comments

• edited September 2006
    I think the only problem is that most of you wanna hear the same exact voices of HTR.
    THAT. IS. JUST. NOT. POSSIBLE.
    Surrender, guys, they're using different actors (or perhaps just one actor, I read this somewhere).
  • edited September 2006
    We know that David Nowlin (alias Fone Bone) is Sam and Andrew Chaikin (alias Phoney Bone) is Max.
    Nowlin did both the characters in the trailer.
    I like the voices, the whole "Hold to the left, hold to the right..." joke in the car clip made me laugh hard. Chaikin's voice is spot on, it's hilarious. It's different from Jameson's but it's still fun, just in a different way.
    Perhaps Sam sounds a little unenthusiastic, but - as Udvarnoky said - I think it's done on purpose. Yet I wait to play the whole game to express a full opinion on the Sam's voice dilemma. The tone of his voice sounds right, though.
  • edited September 2006
    Am I the only one who thinks it's obvious that Sam's "lack of enthusiasm" is intentional?
    Sams comments are very sly..and sarcastic.. i dont think they should lack enthusiasm..and i'd wonder why that would be intentional
  • edited September 2006
    When I hear Sam & Max's voices, I actually start to cry. I cry because they ring something so true and personal, it affects my very inner being. In fact, when I hear their voices, I completely lose my self-automative abilities; falling into a heap on the ground, I began swathering and girating.

That is what Sam & Max's voices do to me. They make me swagger and swather.
  • edited September 2006
    We know that David Nowlin (alias Fone Bone) is Sam and Andrew Chaikin (alias Phoney Bone) is Max.
    Nowlin did both the characters in the trailer.
    Ok, now I remember!
    I've read it from LucasDelirium :D
  • edited September 2006
    George Lucas can be sucking on my balls. And I mean golf balls.
  • edited September 2006
    I'll leave my balls for Jim Ward, then. Basket balls, I mean.
  • edited September 2006
    Am I the only one who thinks it's obvious that Sam's "lack of enthusiasm" is intentional?
    Definitely, but a little more character wouldn't hurt. Now it just sounds like Sam is reading his lines from a note that's attached to his hat and dangling in front of his eyes. Sam's quite the character, so I'd like him to deliver his lines just a *tad* more enthusiastic. Not too much though, just a bit.
  • edited September 2006
    Definitely, but a little more character wouldn't hurt. Now it just sounds like Sam is reading his lines from a note that's attached to his hat and dangling in front of his eyes. Sam's quite the character, so I'd like him to deliver his lines just a *tad* more enthusiastic. Not too much though, just a bit.

Hey, that's a particularly good description...with the hat thing...
  • edited September 2006
    Sconded, thirded, and fourthed. Just a touch more enthusiasm is needed for perfection on Sam's part :D
  • edited September 2006
    Lol.. Sounds like whatever Tell-Tale do, theirs gonna be a lot of complaints about the characters voices once the first episode is released? :D
  • edited September 2006
    Lol.. Sounds like whatever Tell-Tale do, theirs gonna be a lot of complaints about the characters voices once the first episode is released? :D
    Yeah, that's basically what it all boils down to. But like Emily said, at least we're only complaining about the voices, and not about the actual game!
  • edited September 2006
    No, not WHATEVER they do. I haven't heard any complaints about the backgrounds or the character models of the animation or the price. The ONLY thing people complain about is THE VOICES. (Some complaints about GAMETAP, but that's remedied by an International release a month or two afterwards.)

The voices...I'm ashamed to say they suck. Sure, nepotism with Bone and all, I can kind of figure out the brief they got from the voice director; "Okay guys, Sam & Max's humour comes from being deadpan noir, delivering the lines as conscientiously as possible, so try not to put too much emotion into it...feel as though you're bored and restrained, and Max try to speak a little higher with a squeak at the end, Sam be cool calm and collected."

And then they try too hard and fluff it. If anything, they should hire voice actors who know nothing about Sam & Max, but are in TV SERIES or something.

Sorry dudes. I tried to like the voices, but I don't. Maybe it'll be like RESIDENT EVIL where the voices are really bad, they actually create atmosphere.

But, I've never played the game. If the in-game video clips are anything to go by, everything's looking A-OK, EXCEPT the voices. Tragic.
  • edited September 2006
    No, not WHATEVER they do. I haven't heard any complaints about the backgrounds or the character models of the animation or the price. The ONLY thing people complain about is THE VOICES. (Some complaints about GAMETAP, but that's remedied by an International release a month or two afterwards.)

hmm.. No..
    remeber - "make Max more furry"?
    or the eternal "2D vs 3D"?
    or "use cartoon shaders"?
    or "just make Hit the Road in 3D"?
    or "allow us to visit places from other episodes"
    or "what they did to the DeSoto?"
    and of coures - "episodic VS non episodic"?
    Just look for them and you will find them.

This game collects quite many responses from fans of the original comics but mostly of the original LucasArts game.
    and as adventure gamers tend to be - they are verry conservative and very passionate about it.
    They will not agree any different interpretation than the so called "original" one.

I personally quite like the new voices - Tough know they are different. I think you need to make your final judgement when the game is out , since even HTR had some moments the voices just didn't fit.
  • edited September 2006
    :)) I think if the developers read this forum they could go mad 8-}
  • SquinkySquinky Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2006
    Nah, we just laugh and make fun of you when we go out to lunch. :D
  • edited September 2006
    Once Telltale makes it big and takes over the world with this franchise, can all of us who were loyal posters before the game was released be your pets? I have no problem wearing a leash.
  • edited September 2006

you go to lunch? so thats why you are doing everything wrong you just aint committed :p
  • edited September 2006

you go to lunch? so thats why you are doing everything wrong you just aint committed :p
    Yeah, get off that lunch and get crackin' on the game! Pronto!
  • edited September 2006
    Tough audience...

[~:>] :D
  • SquinkySquinky Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2006
    you just aint committed :p

Well, that's because we're afraid of commitment. At least I am; I can't speak for the rest of the staff. ;)
  • edited September 2006
    or you need to be committed..

in a mental institution!

<evil laugh> hahahahha </evil laugh>
  • edited September 2006
    or you need to be committed..

in a mental institution!

<evil laugh> hahahahha </evil laugh>

Oh no, you di' 'int! Uh huh! Yes you did!

Seriously. Telltale, if you want everyone to shut up about the damn voices simply threaten to not release the game. Or knock it back a few months. YOU HAVE THE POWER.
  • edited September 2006
    lol that wouldn't be a smart thing to do, considering they are on a low budget... Sam and Max should be their breakthrough..
  • edited September 2006
    I think people would call the bluff. B-)
  • edited September 2006
    if they delayed the game we could see mass riots..
  • edited September 2006

But lets face it, there'd be alot of freaking out. Basically, they just say "Okay. You want new voices? You wait another month or two while we get 'em just right". I'd be laughing. Hysterically.
  • edited September 2006
    why don't we all give the first episode perfect feedback so that the future episodes don't get any better. They'd be so relieved to hear how great it is, and really that's all any developer wants right? Those voices are flawless! Way to go! Give yourself a pat on the back!
  • edited September 2006

But lets face it, there'd be alot of freaking out. Basically, they just say "Okay. You want new voices? You wait another month or two while we get 'em just right". I'd be laughing. Hysterically.

I wouldn't mind waiting a couple more moths for improved voices. Nothing warrants a rushed product. NOTHING. Although, I might add, SAM & MAX: HIT THE ROAD was done in a record amount of time - under a year, if I remember correctly. I don't quite know how they pulled that off. I guess you can only do that once or twice, then you really have to work at it. "If it were easy, everybody would be doing it"
  • edited September 2006
    Although, I might add, SAM & MAX: HIT THE ROAD was done in a record amount of time - under a year, if I remember correctly.
    Without the voice-overs.. maybe. the Talkie version was out one year later. ;)
  • edited September 2006
    why don't we all give the first episode perfect feedback so that the future episodes don't get any better. They'd be so relieved to hear how great it is, and really that's all any developer wants right? Those voices are flawless! Way to go! Give yourself a pat on the back!

we saw the improvement from bone 1 to to bone 2..when the time comes i'm sure they'll get plenty of feedback B-)
  • edited September 2006
    Not to change the topic completely, I'd really like it if Tell-Tale had a wider range of offers for their products - e.g. Pay a subscription for the series/season and get a boxed copy sent once the series/season had finished? - a kind of loyalty bonus? :D
  • edited September 2006
    I wish TellTale had a couple of more teams unders their disposal already so they could start hammering out all the planned projects they have and work on all franchises with full speed at the same time.
  • edited September 2006
    Well if they would stop all this eating and sleeping and SLACKING then maybe we, the proud whiny fans could get our dirty mitts on our games faster. They will learn to live on caffeinated mints and drinks and they will learn to enjoy it. Or die. Because I'm lead to believe it's not a terribly healthy diet.
  • edited September 2006
    My mitts aren't dirty.

Take it back. Take it back, I say, or I shall be forced to call Homer. HOMER! See, I'm calling him right now! HOMER! COME HERE! Ooh boy, for your sake, I hope you have a good health-insurance policy.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2006
    Arrrggghgh.

IronCladChicken I accidentally edited your post. Sorry. I meant to reply to what you said about multiple purchase options and in so doing hit the wrong button and edited instead.

I seem to do this with alarming regularity. Maybe it's time for me to swear off forums and go live in the wilderness.

*shoots forum in the foot for good measure*
  • edited September 2006
    If sam and max sells a lot of copies that will give em the money to hire more people and work on more games.. go tell a friend!
  • edited September 2006
    If sam and max sells a lot of copies that will give em the money to hire more people and work on more games.. go tell a friend!

I was planning on robbing the bank and delivering a heavy sack with a $ sign on it to TellTale's office:

[img]http://www.saunalahti.fi/hanneku/Money Bag.jpg[/img]

I like my idea better.
  • edited September 2006

I was planning on robbing the bank and delivering a heavy sack with a $ sign on it to TellTale's office:

[img]http://www.saunalahti.fi/hanneku/Money Bag.jpg[/img]

I like my idea better.

I like this idea too. Only TellTale might get in trouble if the police should happen to stop by (for a cup of tea or something) and they have a big brown sack with a dollar sign on it sitting in the corner. So you should probably spraypaint over the top: "Adorable Kittens. Not Money. Do Not Touch". If anyone asks if they can see the kittens, either say no, because they're invisible ( 8-} ) - or claim they have highly infectious kitten leprosy/cancer. And the bag musn't be opened unless you want to catch kitten leprosy/cancer. And if they become sad because of this, tell them the bag is magic and is curing them but it musn't be opened or it won't work. Damn fellas, I'm the king of lies. Is there a job you can have that involves nothing but saying lies because I'd be good at that. Of course! I could be a politician! OH NO, I di' 'int! I did not just go there! Oh, yes I did!

Ahem, Sorry. Apparently it's time for my pills.
  • edited September 2006
    Arrrggghgh.

IronCladChicken I accidentally edited your post. Sorry. I meant to reply to what you said about multiple purchase options and in so doing hit the wrong button and edited instead.

I seem to do this with alarming regularity. Maybe it's time for me to swear off forums and go live in the wilderness.

*shoots forum in the foot for good measure*

Gah! - It took me three weeks to type that message too!

Mainly because my only means of communication is via a magic 8-ball

(A bit like that guy in Star Trek who could only communicate with yes/no answers - I think his name was Captain YesNo?)

Does this mean I can predict the future - all signs point to yes!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.