Episode 203 - Night of the Raving Dead - Available Now!

Comments

• edited February 2008
    May I suggest moving the TTG servers to Kirbati (Christmas Island)? It's there UTC+14, which is basically the same as Alaska and Hawaii, but ONE DAY LATER! (or earlier? anyway, it's the 14th there by now)
  • edited February 2008
    It's the 14th here now. Have been for 15 hours and then some. Shopping done and just sitting around waiting. Please hurry, don't make me finally get the episode and then have to postpone it to wait for Zero Punctuation to get updated first because I'd otherwise forget when I get started....please?

Ah well. When it's time, it's time. And for once, today I have lots of time
  • YitYit
    edited February 2008
    You guys are in the office. Post up the episode! I got the day off school cause it's snowing, and I wanna play! :p

Don't start being like VALVe guys...
  • edited February 2008
    Sheesh, people, relax. Give the Telltale people some time to wrap things up properly.
  • edited February 2008
    DrakeFox wrote: »
    It's the 14th here now.
    Wait a minute... it's the 14th in Denmark right now?! :confused:

Can I borrow your time machine?
  • edited February 2008
    Yit wrote: »
    You guys are in the office. Post up the episode! I got the day off school cause it's snowing, and I wanna play! :p

Don't start being like VALVe guys...

We'll release it when we have:
    a) Enough people in the office to support the launch
    b) All the assets for the launch ready to go
    c) Enough coffee

We never promise a release time, just that it will be sometime during our office hours on the launch day, in OUR time zone.
  • edited February 2008
    Hmm, if it's the 14th now, then something is seriously wrong in the state of denmark :D
    My calendar only says the 13th...
  • edited February 2008
    Hey, do they ship today (wednesday, 13th) or tomorrow (thursday, 14th)?

I wanna know 'cause I'm really excited already and visited TTG's Homepage several times today yet... but still nothing new... *sniff
  • YitYit
    edited February 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    c) Enough coffee

Fair enough. Well, good luck! I hope it's better than 202! (Which was good, but not very funny)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2008
    (Also, re: "you guys are in the office," It's only 7am right now, so no, not everyone is in the office :) We seem to go through this with every launch, and it's frequently the same people ¬ ¬ )
  • edited February 2008
    Everyone mail ttg coffee NOW! lol
  • edited February 2008
    c) Enough coffee

We never promise a release time, just that it will be sometime during our office hours on the launch day, in OUR time zone.

YOUR time zone? How selfish. ;)
  • edited February 2008
    For reference, I'm the only one here right now. Which is awesome, because I can play my music out loud :)
  • edited February 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    (Also, re: "you guys are in the office," It's only 7am right now, so no, not everyone is in the office :) We seem to go through this with every launch, and it's frequently the same people ¬ ¬ )

A good employer makes work 24/7 :D

Well.. I think that a specific launch-time could bring down the whole download server (or at least slows down data communications) , since everyone tries to download the same game at the same time.
    edited February 2008
    I'll be there in about a half hour. We can have an iTunes duel.
    Buuga wrote: »

You may have noticed that I was posting at near midnight earlier in this thread and am now posting at 7:15 am the next morning, so I hope you'll cut me some slack!

Also, we don't give a specific launch time because if something goes wrong at the last minute (surprisingly frequent when you're trying to get all the little details lined up for something like a software launch), thousands of people would start trying to access the site when there was nothing to access (or worse, something broken!). Giving a more open launch time ("Wednesday morning, Pacific time") gives us room to account for last minute disasters in a way that, at worst, will only make some Australians grumble at us for being vaguely later than they hoped, instead of the whole world trying to kick down our door because the game isn't out the exact minute we said it would be.
  • edited February 2008
    Buuga wrote: »

Well.. I think that a specific launch-time could bring down the whole download server (or at least slows down data communications) , since everyone tries to download the same game at the same time.

Everyone keeps saying things like that, but it really doesn't work that way. Our downloads are done by the same company that handles Steam and XBLA. I think we'll be alright no matter how many people show up at the same time.

An entertaining fact for you to pass the time:

Apparently it is illegal to mail "Used or second-hand beehives" into Canada. Also forbidden are "Smoke-making devices for motor vehicles and boats". So watch out for that.
  • edited February 2008
    You know what's bugging me?
    "GameTap today, Telltale release tomorrow!"
    should be: "GameTap out now, Telltale release later today!".

Yes, that bugs me. :p
    illegal to mail "Used or second-hand beehives" into Canada.

I told you to stop tracking my mail!
  • edited February 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    I'll be there in about a half hour. We can have an iTunes duel.

You may have noticed that I was posting at near midnight earlier in this thread and am now posting at 7:15 am the next morning, so I hope you'll cut me some slack!

ups.. It was meant to be sarcastic but failed for a big time :confused:
    edited February 2008
    Apparently it is illegal to mail "Used or second-hand beehives" into Canada. Also forbidden are "Smoke-making devices for motor vehicles and boats". So watch out for that.

Heh! Someone's poking at the USPS API documentation.
  • edited February 2008
    Could you launch e203 by accident,please?
  • edited February 2008

Wait, so you can mail fresh bee-hives there, full of bees but not the smoke you need to protect yourself when you open the package?

What a topsy turvy country... :p;)

I'm surprised at my patience with this. Usually I'm like a 5 year old at Christmas when something new comes out and want it 3 days ago, but I'm being rather sedate today. Maybe I haven't had enough mugs of tea yet...
    edited February 2008
    The calming smoke billowing from Doug's car is pacifying you.
  • edited February 2008
    I usually check the site at around 5pm and the " We're working on the site" notice comes up with the little construction guy digging (I've become good friends with him by now:D). Then, I just keep refreshing the page until I get my sweet Sam & Max satisfaction!:)
  • edited February 2008
    Not to mention my yacht.
  • edited February 2008
    Oh, and while I'm playing the game, finally, my dog comes over looking for a walk. :) So, unfortunately for him, I begin to ignore him!:D

I'm so mean!
  • edited February 2008
    Here's a fun fact about Norwegian laws:

If you are a plumber, you are allowed to fix the neighbors sink, because that is being kind. But you are not allowed to fix your own sink, because that is tax fraud.

Same if own a forest. If you own a forest, you are allowed to chop down a tree and give to your neighbor, so that he can use it as a Christmas tree. That is considered being a kind neighbor, and giving a gift. But you are not allowed to chop down a tree and use it yourself as a Christmas tree, because this is tax fraud.
  • edited February 2008
    Tobacco? What time is it at TT now?;)
  • edited February 2008
    It's 8am. We're 8 hours behind you.
  • edited February 2008
    Okay, thanks. I think I might have a nice cuppa tea to relax and come back in a while. Bye bye! :)
  • edited February 2008
    This episode had my two favourite jokes of the season by far:
    Sam: Superball!
    *Thunder flash*
    *Horses Neighing*
    (Who doesn't love Young Frankenstein!? Haha...)
    Sam: Is that George Romero or Cesar Romero?
    Max: Based on the putrefied flesh, I would have to say it's John Romero!

Hahaha. I love Doom :)
  • edited February 2008
    the preceding episode was shared about @18-19hr, as i remember (swiss time)
    so, most probably, in one hour this one will come
  • edited February 2008
    Site's down! :D
  • edited February 2008
    Yay, it's coming!
    edited February 2008
    it's out! woo.
  • edited February 2008
    Downloading as I speak! :D
  • edited February 2008
    [cue awkward silence over site for next 12 hours till everyone finishes the game]...
  • edited February 2008
    I love the anticipation while I download!
  • edited February 2008
    Oboy!
  • edited February 2008
    Downloading! Yay!

Btw, here in Brazil is 2 pm
  • edited February 2008
    Downloading, downloading, downloooaaadinnng! :D
    Installing...
    Playing. Toodles!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.