I reviewed King's Quest 7

Let's bring a little life to this section, eh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VA7t3XzmHo

I reviewed Sierra's last King's Quest point 'n' click, known as "The Princeless Bride".

You may disagree with some of my points, but enjoy the video nonetheless. If you have any criticisms, please give me some tips. I am new to this whole reviewing business.

Comments

• edited January 2013
    Hey, not bad. My only disagreement is view that KQ7 is the "last true KQ". KQ8 is actually one of my favorites in the series. In some ways I feel it went back to some of the core values and themes of the series earliest games. But it's understandably one of the most divisive games in the series.

KQ7 is my least favorite game in the series, and I felt it jumped the shark so to speak in more ways than one. so I enjoyed your snarky satirical comments about the story design quite a bit.

I'll finish watching the rest of your review later.

P.S. Last true KQ game was KQ4. If a KQ game doesn't have typing it isn't a KQ game, ;).
  • edited January 2013
    Let's bring a little life to this section, eh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VA7t3XzmHo

I reviewed Sierra's last King's Quest point 'n' click, known as "The Princeless Bride".

I loved that! It was great how you explained up front where you are coming from and how you are familiar with the series and the genre.

The writing and special effects were perfect. Voiceover was excellent. Very entertaining.

And I liked the scarf around half dome in the modified Sierra logo.

Please do more reviews.
  • edited January 2013
    BagginsKQ wrote: »
    Hey, not bad. My only disagreement is view that KQ7 is the "last true KQ". KQ8 is actually one of my favorites in the series. In some ways I feel it went back to some of the core values and themes of the series earliest games. But it's understandably one of the most divisive games in the series.

By "last true" I meant last point 'n' click. It's pretty much that the fact that KQ8 has more of an action-adventure combatty thing going for it that puts me off.

It just isn't for me.

Oh by the way, (this is an advertisement/cop-out) I wouldn't mind if you subscribed and liked the video. It drives a little more traffic my way, which makes me feel as if my efforts have been rewarded.
  • edited January 2013
    Oh KQ8 is very much still point and clicky in much of the interface, even the combat. But I respectfully understand how incorporating a QFG/diablo style combat aspect or some of the awkward 3d platforming into the game turns off many of the adventure fans!

As for YouTube sign up, sorry but I don't have an account.

Btw I noticed you had sound and video lag issues... That must be an issue that depends on the PC. I can't say I had thr choppy sound problem in the dragon's cave. Sorry I don't know what caused it for you. Maybe it's something to do with the ddraw options?

Ya Valanice and Rosella should technically cross paths about the time they each pass through the were-woods. The nymph mirror is basically the item that shows were Rosella is in relation to Valanice and her actions. About the time you first grt the mirror, Rosella just escaped the underground into Ooga Booga. Those chapters occur more or less simultaneously.

There was an extra scene cut in the game files in which Attis tells Rosella just as she leaves the were-woods that she just missed her mother entering the woods! In other words it seems the woods are supposed to be far more confusing than a single screen!
  • edited January 2013
    That would explain a lot. I didn't understand how it would be possible for them to not find each other in some way.
  • edited January 2013
    I will subscribe and like the video.

You should post it on more forums like POS and ADGI and IA and Himalaya and SierraGamers.com, etc. since I'm sure many readers of those forums would also enjoy your work.

You have an entertaining style!
  • exoexo
    edited January 2013
    Interesting remark about the woods BagginsKQ.... a hallmark of KQ games was a labyrinth of 90% similar screens the user has to navigate. I wouldn't be surprised if this was pulled to make the game friendlier to more causal players (like the chapter system).
Sign in to comment in this discussion.