lack of options?

Soooo yea...is it me or do you lose really fast in this one? even with 20k, they just stomp you. Where are the options to turn up their chatter and the difficulty?

Comments

• puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2013
    There's only one setting for conversation and difficulty in Poker Night 2, so it doesn't have the same toggles you saw in Poker Night at the Inventory.
  • edited April 2013
    I'm really puzzled that there aren't any difficulty or chatter options in this one. So many other aspects of the game were upgraded, but the two most user-friendly options were eliminated.

I hate Poker Night 2. Granted neither my husband or I are big into poker. We bought both games because we like the characters. But we were playing the first one on normal, and winning occasionally. Between us we were about $200,000 up.

In Poker Night 2, I've won exactly one tournament out of the 20 or so we've played between us. I've been way up in several tournaments, but when I'm up, characters continually seem to have their low pairs turn into three of a kind on the last card or similar bolt-from-the-blue luck, til I'm knocked out.

So clearly we suck at poker even more than we thought; I can't complain about that. I'm complaining that there's no way to play the sequel at an enjoyable level of difficulty for us, when we had that option in the first Poker Night and expected to have it in the sequel.

There are also some plain old glitches in the X-Box version. The game freezes regularly and I have to bring up the X-Box menu and go back to the game to get it to move on.

Also, I've won that single shining tournament, and I have the bounty award and the avatar award to prove it, but our stats show 0 Tournaments Won.

I'm disappointed, because GLaDOS is my favorite game character, and I was really excited about her dealing for PK2. But it's more fun to go listen to her dialogue on YouTube than to play this inflexible and frustrating game.
  • edited April 2013
    Nice to know I'm not the only person getting beaten badly in this game. I didn't remember the first game being nearly as hard as this one. I know nothing about the game, but could still fake my way to victory every once in a while. This time? It seems like the AI will ALWAYS have at least a pair of high cards, and you get next to nothing.
  • edited April 2013
    I was losing so badly that when I started to.... not win exactly, but play for longer without losing (I think Ash had been knocked out almost immediately), GLaDOS started to claim she was stacking the deck in my favour!
  • edited April 2013
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    There's only one setting for conversation and difficulty in Poker Night 2, so it doesn't have the same toggles you saw in Poker Night at the Inventory.

In that case, given that your game quite blatantly cheats, I demand a full refund for the money I paid you.
  • edited April 2013
    I've been getting my butt handed to me so badly; the best I've gotten is third place in the four or five hours I've played of this so far. And in that game, Ash busted me out. ASH.

I don't even want to look at my balance right now v_v I was not made for Hard Mode poker, it seems.
  • edited April 2013
    I'm... about 50/50. I win some, I lose some. That's normal poker for me. lol
  • ProfanityProfanity Banned
    edited April 2013
    I've never ever seen such lucky opponents in any kind of poker.
  • edited April 2013
    Andreus wrote: »
    In that case, given that your game quite blatantly cheats, I demand a full refund for the money I paid you.

They don't cheat. You are just horrible at poker.
  • edited April 2013
    I don't think patching in a dialogue frequency option would be remiss. GLaDOS' lines are hilarious, but I've heard them plenty of times and would like for her banter to not hold up the draw between hands when the blinds are raised. Failing that, some option to fast forward through that noise.
  • edited April 2013
    It IS more difficult than the first game, but then again in the two hours I've played I've won THREE of the Seven Tournaments played, so just look for those telltale signs. ;)
  • edited April 2013
    Considering that there are five players, you do realize that, assuming the AI players are as strong as you, you're only going to win 1/5 of the time, right?
  • ProfanityProfanity Banned
    edited April 2013
    furrykef wrote: »
    Considering that there are five players, you do realize that, assuming the AI players are as strong as you, you're only going to win 1/5 of the time, right?
    Strength and luck. Related in any way.

Anyway, even with the bumped up difficulty, I'm having fun with this shit hand simulator.
  • edited April 2013
    I'm fairly certain this game is cheating. I had a 90% chance of victory, and then the AI deals out the ONE CARD that completely undid my entire hand.
  • edited April 2013
    10% is a one in ten chance, that's not unrealistic for it to happen.

A win is never, ever, ever a sure bet unless it's 100%.
  • edited April 2013
    spd12 wrote: »
    10% is a one in ten chance, that's not unrealistic for it to happen.

A win is never, ever, ever a sure bet unless it's 100%.

It happened quite a few times where, in a showdown with all skill removed, the AI deals cards that clearly favor the AI players.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.