The numbers add up a little TOO well

When doing the win chance forecast, does a tie count as a win for all players involved? That's the only way I can make sense of some of the percentages I've been seeing. Percentages like this:
122ks2d.jpg
I'm not sure if there is an official way to do these things, but you may want to change your methods to prevent this. I predict people will be bringing it up for a long time otherwise.

Comments

• edited April 2013
    At a tie both players have the 100%
  • edited April 2013
    A tie counts as a win in Bounty Challenges.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2013
    Ties and side pots are the things which mean you can see more than 100% I believe.
  • edited April 2013
    Even in-game tutorial especially notes that the extra percentages are for tie probabilities.
  • edited April 2013
    Hm, I didn't think to check the tutorial. Well ok then.
  • edited April 2013
    Jake wrote: »
    Ties and side pots are the things which mean you can see more than 100% I believe.

Side pots don't seem to be counting towards win probabilities.
  • HoboStewHoboStew Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2013
    The odds are showing you what chance you have of winning ANY money, be it a win or a tie. As it mentions in the tutorial, it is common for the %s to add up to more than 100%. There is also some rounding that goes on that can throw things off by a % point here and there. If you want to check our math, here is a good web based odds calculator.

And no, we don't factor the sidepots into the math. It would just be too computationally expensive. It was hard enough squeezing these into the game loop!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2013
    HoboStew wrote: »
    The odds are showing you what chance you have of winning ANY money, be it a win or a tie. As it mentions in the tutorial, it is common for the %s to add up to more than 100%. There is also some rounding that goes on that can throw things off by a % point here and there. If you want to check our math, here is a good web based odds calculator.

And no, we don't factor the sidepots into the math. It would just be too computationally expensive. It was hard enough squeezing these into the game loop!

Shows what I know! (nothing)
  • edited April 2013
    Good thing you've got that whole personality thing going for you. :p
Sign in to comment in this discussion.