Anyone else disappointed in the coverage TellTale has given The Wolf Among Us?

13»

Comments

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited July 2013
    I would like to have a source for that please. Just one of those 'multiple' would suffice. :)

Here you go. This was an interview back in May.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/05/16/telltale-on-wolf-among-us-following-the-walking-dead/
    RPS: Are seasons of Wolf Among Us and Walking Dead going to run concurrently, or will it be one and the other alternating?

Bruner: We’re not announcing any release dates for anything other than Fables right now, but certainly we’re gearing up to have multiple games or shows running simultaneously. We’ll have an episode of one thing coming out at the same time as an episode of another thing, which we’ve never done before. We’re definitely getting prepared for that.

You talked about the technical problems. One of the things that we want to make sure of is that, before we get two games going simultaneously, we get one game going without people having saved game problems and technical issues like that. That’s our immediate goal, to get Fables out there, get it clean, feel confident that if we have two of these things going simultaneously, we have the bandwidth to support it properly. We feel pretty confident that we’re there, but the proof’s in the pudding. We’ll have to wait until Fables launches.

Something else interesting is that they brought up the same "bandwidth" idea they used during the King's Quest cancelation.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Ahhh all right. I've read that interview, but didn't think this kind of connection was actually made. :o
  • edited July 2013
    And Telltale's booth at SDCC is all about The Walking Dead, according to the blog. Looks like we're in it for the long haul, folks.
  • edited July 2013
    Should I just stop looking forward to this game?
  • edited July 2013
    KCohere wrote: »

Would probably be a good idea....
  • edited July 2013
    Would probably be a good idea....

:(:(:(
  • edited July 2013
    And Telltale's booth at SDCC is all about The Walking Dead, according to the blog. Looks like we're in it for the long haul, folks.

It was also stated that their booth/talk at E3 would be about TWAU. Don't write of the chance of hearing stuff soon.

Basically what I think has happened is that 400 Days was ready to release sooner than expected so Telltale changed priorities to get it out before TWAU.
  • edited July 2013
    Telltale sort of lucked out at The Walking Dead surging in popularity just as they were producing the game. Popular things don't always stay popular for long, though, so if they have TWD stuff ready to put out, they need to get it out ASAP before people get bored of it.

I think they've gotten enough done already on Fables that it won't be another King's Quest, though, so just be patient a little longer.
  • edited July 2013
    KCohere wrote: »

That seems premature. It's clear that TWAU is a lot further along than King's Quest ever was. There are screenshots and everything. They're focusing on TWD right now because 400 Days just came out. So they're pushing the game that's currently available for purchase rather than the game that isn't out yet and may not come out for several more weeks.

Telltale isn't exactly in the habit of giving out lots of information before a game's release. Like I mentioned above, I wouldn't expect to hear much until about a week before it comes out. We just have to be patient. There's still plenty of summer left.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Basically what I think has happened is that 400 Days was ready to release sooner than expected so Telltale changed priorities to get it out before TWAU.

"400 days" is just a single, 90 minute episode. Remember when we talked about simultaneous releases 'in the near future'? This wasn't a huge stress on development. The DLC was announced and developed as a "little bit extra" for the loyal TWD fans, and this announcement was made at the beginning of the year and eventually sold for cheaps. No release plans and priorities were changed for this comparatively simple DLC, I believe.

When it comes to marketing TWaU though, I'm not jumping with joy either.
    Telltale, Skybound and Future Publishing are teaming up on this one, so all The Walking Dead goodness is contained in one single glorious booth.

That indeed is bad news for TWaU, because Fables is published by DC/Vertigo. There can't really be even half a word on The Wolf among Us if Telltale shares a booth with the Walking Dead publisher! Telltale might eventually still go into full TWaU advertisement mode - but, it seems, only AFTER San Diego Comic Con.

One way or another, however, TWaU is coming. This game is almost ready. So just enjoy the wild marketing ride that is decidedly 'old' Telltale ("when's it coming out??.. what now, on the 24th... this month?!?? Seriously?! All righhhht.").

So, no hope for TWaU at SDCC - but there could still be a lot of enjoyable moments. At least if they let the Shauntron do some videos again like in 2011... they had nothing to show back then either. AND I'd love to see Laura as Alan. ;)

SHAUN!! Do a fight scene with Robert Kirkman!!! :D
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2013
    So, no hope for TWaU at SDCC - but there could still be a lot of enjoyable moments. At least if they let the Shauntron do some videos again like in 2011... they had nothing to show back then either. AND I'd love to see Laura as Alan. ;)

It's kind of a skeleton crew for us at SDCC this year, and Shauntron won't be there. This is my first SDCC in any capacity (working or otherwise), and I'm expecting it to be pretty intense... with 10+ hours manning the booth each day, we're going to BE "the walking dead" by the end of it!
  • edited July 2013
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    It's kind of a skeleton crew for us at SDCC this year, and Shauntron won't be there. This is my first SDCC in any capacity (working or otherwise), and I'm expecting it to be pretty intense... with 10+ hours manning the booth each day, we're going to BE "the walking dead" by the end of it!

Hahah!
  • edited July 2013
    I wish you guys at SDCC luck. There is a SMALL possibility of mentions at the Vertigo Panel according to Bill W (the author). The issue of the month is coming out so maybe something!

However, I just want to express my disappointment about Telltale focusing on Walking Dead. I understand why but the little news about TWAU and emphasis on Walking Dead just shows where Telltale places their eggs. I might be a little over dramatic right now. It's just my opinion. I love Fables with a passion so obviously that's my bias. Walking Dead is a good series (especially with Telltale) but I love my Fables. :P

Either way, I am looking forward to this game. Here's to hoping we get it soon!
  • edited July 2013
    puzzlebox wrote: »

Hide a little TWaU "Easter Egg" in the corner of the giant TWD booth. ;)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.