Bone: The Film

2»

Comments

• edited October 2009
    Your kidding me! i so can't wait! Good luck is there any word about when it will be in Cinema's?
  • edited October 2009
    Your kidding me! i so can't wait! Good luck is there any word about when it will be in Cinema's?

fraid so, Mr. Hooded One. and it's gonna be 3-D according to a reliable source. but, if that doesn't phase you (while it certainly does me) the approxamate year of realease will be 2010 according to IMDB. but that might change after a couple of months, unfortunatly.
  • edited October 2009
    i think it should be done this way: if you read the one volume edition then you will notice how it is divided into three or four volumes each. a good example is the first collection, Vernal Equinox. each set is then further divided into books. sort of like the bible if you get my meaning. I agree that it should be a saga but in a way that...um uh...:confused: ooh! Damn writers block!:mad: a little help here?!:( um i may have to walk away for awhile:o
  • edited October 2009
    Obviously, if they can do three bone books into a movie, and make it a trilogy, I think it would be awesome.
  • edited October 2009
    Icedhope wrote: »
    obviously, if they can do three bone books into a movie, and make it a trilogy, i think it would be awesome.

yea! What he said!!!!
  • edited October 2009
    Wow, I guess I'm a little late to the party but I think a feature film would be great!
  • edited November 2009
    Mack Daddy wrote: »
    Wow, I guess I'm a little late to the party but I think a feature film would be great!

Yes, yes it would.
  • edited December 2009
    Yeah, I think they should make it into 3 films.

(yes, I'm new to the forum)
  • edited March 2010
    I would really hate to piss off people on here but its no joke, this is going to have mo-cap.

http://www.printmag.com/Article/Jeff-Smith-opens-up-about-the-upcoming-Bone-film
  • edited March 2010
    This does kind of make me angry. Bone would have been something special if they went live action and had Jim Henson's successors create the Bones as puppets like he did with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles or something.

Now it's going to be just like every other 3D movie out there and nobody is going to give it the attention it deserves.
  • edited March 2010
    I will, and I have only read the first two books. I like it. I'll give it the attention it truly will deserve.

but Henson Company should make bone Puppets, I think it would look cooler.

I'm interested in how they would have done the dragon
  • edited March 2010
    Wait so the movie is now going to be motion capture? god I feel so sorry for Jeff giving up to do this when the film itself fits or even better calls for hand-drawn animation. :(
  • edited March 2010
    Hrmm, I'm going to wait until I really make a judgment. I trust Jeff Smith on this one, after having held out so many years. They must have persuaded him with something good. Though, let's hope it was talent, and not a sack of cash!
  • edited March 2010
    Warner Bros...mess it up and ill Keel You.
  • edited April 2010
    Warner Bros...mess it up and ill Keel You.
    I dont think Warner Bros is doing the film anymore Strong bad.
  • edited June 2011
    Evidently it's still in the works by Warner Bros... Jeff Smith talks about it on his FB page a bit

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-OFFICIAL-Jeff-Smith-page/113133408702642
  • edited July 2012
    Haven't been here in awhile! Has anymore info on the film developed recently?
  • edited July 2012
    All i know is that PJ Hogan is still on to direct, and I've got friends who work at Animal Logic in Oz. They've heard rumblings of working on the project.
  • edited July 2013
    Bone struck me as visually being a crib of Pogo and Li'l Abner. Boy am I showin' my age.

It just seemed too artistically derivative to get excited about it.

Come to think of it, I'd rather see a Pogo movie. Maybe timed to be released during the presidential election campaign!

I Go Pogo!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.