The Make Fun of America Thread

2»

Comments

• edited March 2008
    Dangerzone wrote: »
    we also have maladjusted teens that like throwing heavy stuff off of freeway overpasses at oncoming motorists below
    interesting that you mention this...we had a fatal incident like this last week...i think the us aren't much stupider than other countries...they're simply often the first ones to try...
  • edited March 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    interesting that you mention this...we had a fatal incident like this last week...i think the us aren't much stupider than other countries...they're simply often the first ones to try...
    Exactly, things like that have been happening over here too... kids these days are just crazy - or maybe it's the parents who are crazy, for not raising their children properly.
  • edited March 2008
    i think dave chappelle* summed it all up in a 60 second skech

*some may find his racist remarks vulgar and offensive
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    I'm almost entirely constructed out of shotguns.
  • edited March 2008
    speaking of hunting...
  • edited March 2008
    Molokov wrote: »
    Sluggy Freelance, Emergency Pants.

*ding ding ding* Correct. :D
  • edited March 2008
    Haggis wrote: »
    Exactly, things like that have been happening over here too... kids these days are just crazy - or maybe it's the parents who are crazy, for not raising their children properly.
    Oh, come now, do we really have to generalize a few isolated, anecdotal incidents to "Kids today are crazy?"

/Pet peeve. Sorry.
  • edited March 2008
    Hey, I just tell it like I see it. Perhaps I'm becoming a grumpy adult, but the fact is that mischief used to be just ringing doorbells and then running away, but now the fun thing seems to be smashing windows, wrecking cars, killing animals, and even burglary and robbing people. Yes, some kids in my neighbourhood do things like that - the gangs are getting younger and younger, and that is a trend that worries me. Of course, the vast majority of children is probably well-behaved, but the few that aren't are going from bad to worse.
  • edited March 2008
    Haggis wrote: »
    Hey, I just tell it like I see it. Perhaps I'm becoming a grumpy adult, but the fact is that mischief used to be just ringing doorbells and then running away, but now the fun thing seems to be smashing windows, wrecking cars, killing animals, and even burglary and robbing people. Yes, some kids in my neighbourhood do things like that - the gangs are getting younger and younger, and that is a trend that worries me. Of course, the vast majority of children is probably well-behaved, but the few that aren't are going from bad to worse.

See... Thats cause the children's rights activists have stripped parents of all their rights. Nowhadays kids get "You are grounded!" at best. I don't support unusually cruel punishments but the point has to sink in, which ever way it does.
  • edited March 2008
    But... But what about Frasier!
    Oh and Scrubs. Don't forget that!
    Most British TV is crap though, the new sitcoms they're making are terrible, and then you have crap like Wallpaper Challenge and generally anything involving Noel Edmunds
    Haha! :P Yes, I totally agree
    I like the old British sitcoms though. Blackadder, Red Dwarf etc etc :P
    Those shows are classics :D
  • edited March 2008
    Dedlok wrote: »
    Well we are in teh United States of AMERICA. What do you want us to call ourselves? The Unnies? The Staties? Or even the Statesmen? Puh-leeze
    wisp wrote: »
    unitedstatians? usa-poeple? whatever...but i think most non-american citizens call us-americans simply americans as well. there are canadians, americans, mexicans and south-americans or latin-americans...or something like that. it may be not correct, but it's faster..

How about NORTH-Americans or Gringos? ;)
  • edited May 2008
    Limenut wrote: »
    Insult you? Nah. I've met lots of U.S. Americans, and liked at least half of them, possibly a bit more. I can't insult you're political system, on the grounds that the one I'm in sucks almost as badly. I'm not even touching religion, because I'm fairly sure that's a fire I can't put out and never ends well, anyway.

Almost all your television, however, is abominable. Three hundred million people, several hundred individual channels, and the number of good shows can be counted on the hand of a blind butcher. It's enough to make you buy a cinema pass. :P

I think that's all you're getting, I'm a bit out of practice at insulting generalised groups of people for virtually no reason (I'm sorry, I'll get better).

I'm american, and I can't (I swear, people LIKE these "shows")safely say, that we DO have Craptacular TV.I mean, EVERYONE LOVES SCRIPTED "REALITY" SHOWS, AM I RIGHT??!?
  • edited May 2008
    I... I love you.

That's a good thing then, because as an American you're probably too fat to leave the current room you're in.

Ooh burn!!!

Ever heard of the obese favorite "Sausage wrapped in chocolate chip pancake on a stick"?(Not kidding)
  • edited May 2008
    No, but I've heard of the Peanut Butter & Bacon Pancake...
  • edited May 2008
    Deep-fried Snickers bar anyone?
  • edited May 2008
    Don't forget deep fried Oreos and deep fried Twinkies!

*sigh*
  • edited May 2008
    ShaggE wrote: »
    Don't forget deep fried Oreos and deep fried Twinkies!

*sigh*

Don't forget Deep Fried Heart Attack Prevention Pills!
  • MelMel
    edited May 2008
    You do realize that Scotland has their fare share of deep-fired treats. ;) The deep fried Mars bar originated in Scotland and I think it took off from there.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.