What do you play at your office?

edited April 2008 in General Chat
So, I noticed the PS3 in the Wii Sam & Max blog post picture. Got me interested in a subject: anyone who happens to work at an office which has one or more gaming consoles - what games are most played?

I've noticed that Mashed: Fully Loaded for the PS2 is a timeless title that produces quite a stir wherever it is unleashed. Be it a normal office or military rec rooms, we've always had trouble keeping people *not* playing it. Even though there are all these next-gen titles going around, Mashed is still keeping us busy, now running on a PS3.

Also more recently, Everybody's Golf: World Tour (or Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds) is just incredible. If Telltale hasn't got a copy, I urge you to get one. :D

Comments

• edited April 2008
    The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion game is the most played game on my Xbox360. This game is seriously addictive, and I get to be a humanoid lizard that slashes things with a sword; its like a dream come true.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    At TTG we played TF2 for a few weeks (and need to get back at it!!) but lately we've been playing a lot of Smash Bros Brawl.
  • MelMel
    edited April 2008
    The concept of playing video games at work = can't comprehend. ;) (I work in a profession in which those two activities would never mix)
  • edited April 2008
    Yeah, we work at the office... although a lot of people have consoles at home - amongst my friends, some have Xbox, Xbox 360, PS2, PS3, Wii and even Nintendo Gamecubes... and possibly older consoles as well. I'm probably the odd one out considering I only have a PC and no console.
  • edited April 2008
    Mel wrote: »
    (I work in a profession in which those two activities would never mix)

Jack Thompson's secretary? :p
  • SquinkySquinky Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    When I'm working in an office next month, I'll let you know.
  • edited April 2008
    Man I wish I could play console video games at my job. :( On our lunch breaks here we play poker or blackjack with a set of cards in the breakroom to see who buys the coffee next. Since the water from the tap is very, very disturbing. :P
  • jmmjmm
    edited April 2008
    The guys at work play Unreal (or something in those lines)
    I don't play, I'm usually programming or debugging stuff... much more fun(!)
  • edited April 2008
    In my last 2 jobs (convenience store clerk, and a cook a dingy little dive bar) I used to bring my gameboy in with me constantly and I was almost always playing Pokemon (Red and Blue, yeah I'm old skool) or Tetris. These days my only "job" is this and I don't even have to leave the house for that, so it wouldn't really be at the office, though the game a play most often around here is GTA: Vice City Stories for my PSP.
  • edited April 2008
    I used to work for Sony Music, and we shared our office floor with SCEE, so there was a PS2 in the reception area with the latest (non 3rd party) game always available.

Never really played it though, except for a bash or two at a driving game or beat-em-up at beer'o'clock on Friday afternoons.
  • edited April 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    ...but lately we've been playing a lot of Smash Bros Brawl.

Ah yes, Brawl - would be nice if they released it in Europe, too. :mad:
  • edited April 2008
    jmm wrote: »
    I don't play, I'm usually programming or debugging stuff... much more fun(!)

Me too. Pity I don't have more time for this:

compiling.png
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    Linque wrote: »
    Also more recently, Everybody's Golf: World Tour (or Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds) is just incredible. If Telltale hasn't got a copy, I urge you to get one. :D

I'm afraid I'm probably the only golf fan in the office. Sad times...

ps: WOO MASTERS WEEK!
  • edited April 2008
    I follow the European Tour more - which reminds me that the ranges finally opened here last weekend. We do get 2½hours of coverage per day from the Majors here though in the middle of the night, and since I'm up during those hours anyways I might as well follow it.

A Sam & Max episode with a golf theme would be incredible. There's an abundance of comedy to be had from the sport. Will, I'm counting on you.
  • edited April 2008
    When we plan on making the most boring adventure ever I will suggest a golf theme. Plus themes like that aren't really a good idea in general as they focus the audience that appreciates the joke way too narrowly.
  • edited April 2008
    Blasphemy!

But yeah, I know. I wasn't really being all that serious about it. :)
  • edited April 2008
    Will wrote: »
    ps: WOO MASTERS WEEK!

Guess where my dad is right now. ;)
    (I didn't get to go because I have a ton of work to finish before I leave for San Francisco tomorrow. :( Stupid procrastination...)
  • langleylangley Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    What? Playing games at work would be detrimental to efficiency.

I used to play Unreal Tournament and then UT2003 at my last job… even though I didn’t care for those games all that much. I don’t play anything here at Telltale, usually because that room is way too cold.
  • edited April 2008
    It is sad that our sweet game room is as cold as the polar ice caps.
    edited April 2008
    Yeah, I'm missing the tournament for the first time in 23 years. I'm crushed, CRUSHED! Stupid California.
  • edited April 2008
    I live about a 1.5-2 hour drive from Augusta. :D
  • edited April 2008
    You guys play games at work?

I see now why this country has one of the biggest rates of working stress...
    edited April 2008
    Well, technically I get paid money to play games at work. But even so, you don't see me skipping off for rounds of Smash Bros. between testing cycles. I would say that the people who are playing games at work are likely playing flash games on the sly.
    edited April 2008
    Will wrote: »
    But even so, you don't see me skipping off for rounds of Smash Bros. between testing cycles.

That is because you are dumb!!
    burn
  • NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    also he sucks!!
    double burn
  • edited April 2008
    I would totally add something but he is my boss and I's don't want to be fired.
  • edited April 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    That is because you are dumb!!
    burn
    NickTTG wrote: »
    also he sucks!!
    double burn

yeah and...wait, this is a trap, right?

i don't play at work...even though i sometimes would have enough time. but i'm not getting paid lousy for playing games, you know..:D
    edited April 2008
    It is sad that our sweet game room is as cold as the polar ice caps.

The Maurice Richard Memorial Game Room?
    edited April 2008
    Squinky wrote: »
    The Maurice Richard Memorial Game Room?

The new big conference room actually kind of unofficially kept that name, by also being cold.
  • edited April 2008
    COLD

You work in California. You have no concept of the word. Get back to me when it hits minus figures.

:eek:
  • edited April 2008
    Er... you know we're talking overeager air conditioning cold, right? Our conference room isn't on a patio... yet.
  • ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    Cold is 50 degrees F. We are wimps :(
  • edited April 2008
    Hey now, it gets below freezing sometimes. Also, if you want to generalize about California weather, good luck. 4 hours east of SF beats Edinburgh for cold pretty handily, I think.
  • MelMel
    edited April 2008
    Shauntron wrote: »

Central valley people are wimps. :p But yes, it does get pretty damn cold in the Sierra-Nevadas.
  • edited April 2008
    4 hours East of Edinburgh is probably somewhere in Norway. Brrr.

(P.s it's about 45 degrees F today)

Anyway back to the gaming in your office.

Who is the best Smash Brother player?
    edited April 2008
    And who plays as Mr. Game & Watch?
  • edited April 2008
    I do!

I don't have Brawl, though. So yeah... I get a lot of stares. Especially when I make the bleepy noises.
  • edited April 2008
    Shauntron wrote: »

Sitting in my house right now with a broke down air conditioner in 90 degree heat, I can't say I feel too sorry for you :)
  • edited April 2008
    Yeah, it's kind of a crazy surprise summer right now. Weird.
  • edited April 2008
    Lucien21 wrote: »
    Who is the best Smash Brother player?

I would have to say either Nick or Jake.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.