Telltales two unannounced series

edited April 2008 in General Chat
Will they be for the PC?

Comments

• JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    Platforms, details about the episodes, series length, and stuff will be announced along with the series themselves.
  • edited April 2008
    Only? Eegggghhhh......
    edited April 2008
    xChri5x wrote: »
    Only? Eegggghhhh......

We've already announced that one of them is a wiiware series, so... obviously there is no configuration in which the two new series are only on PC.
  • edited April 2008
    Is Wiiware only available in the USA at launch?

Have there been any global rollout estimates yet?

Edit: Never mind (wikipedia); "The first WiiWare games were officially launched on March 25, 2008 in Japan. WiiWare games will be available in the U.S. on May 12, 2008. A Wii Shop Channel update from 20 March 2008 also suggested that WiiWare games would also launch in PAL regions in May of that year."

Still wonder if Aus & NZ will lag behind northern hemisphere PAL regions.
  • edited April 2008
    jp-30 wrote: »
    Still wonder if Aus & NZ will lag behind northern hemisphere PAL regions.

Isn't that pretty much guaranteed?

I mean, we lag behind for pretty much /all/ media releases. Sometimes we're lucky enough to get movie or book releases the same day as other countries, but we're /always/ behind when it comes to games, dvds, tv shows...
  • edited April 2008
    Our TV stations have wised up to bittorrents, and so we get the Daily Show screening here before it airs in some places in the US. Plus Lost & Survivor within a week of the US dates.

Movies here seem to stick to global release days - at least the blockbusters. And I can't think of many CDs that are released more than a week different to the USA.

But yeah, games and technology rollouts are often a different matter.
  • edited April 2008
    jp-30 wrote: »
    Our TV stations have wised up to bittorrents, and so we get the Daily Show screening here before it airs in some places in the US. Plus Lost & Survivor within a week of the US dates.

You lucky ba*ds! When The Daily Show was on SBS here (it isn't any more), we only got the "Global Edition" which is where they take the four shows of the US Daily Show and compress four half hours into one, cutting out a lot of good stuff. It's so much easier to just get the real show by.... other means.

Australia doesn't have anything quite close to the Daily show when it comes to political satire or news parody. Chaser's could have got close, but they spent too much time on pranks and silly songs, and Newstopia is just silly fullstop (it has its good moments, I'll grant you).

Some TV shows are supposedly "beamed directly from the US satellite!" nowadays, but it still doesn't explain why a satellite beam takes a week and a half...
  • edited April 2008
    The U.S.S. Satellite, delivering televised entertainment to the world:

ships-02.jpg
  • edited April 2008
    Hahah.
    That was funny. :)
  • edited April 2008
    I've got it- Team Rocket: The Point and Click Adventure.
    The last episode can be the one where Ash just decides that he's tired of being stalked by a bunch of twentysomethings and their talking cat and just gives them the Pikachu.
  • edited April 2008
    We're loosing altitude... eject, eject!
  • MarkDarinMarkDarin Former Telltale Staff
    edited April 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    Ash just decides that he's tired of being stalked by a bunch of twentysomethings and their talking cat and just gives them the Pikachu.

Awww man... you guessed it! ;)
  • edited April 2008
    my latest guess is futurama
  • edited April 2008
    The last episode can be the one where Ash just decides that he's tired of being stalked by a bunch of twentysomethings and their talking cat and just gives them the Pikachu.
    I actually wouldn't be all that surprised if Telltale was working on a Nintendo IP. I don't expect it, but I wouldn't be shocked, either. Nintendo explicitely mentioned Telltale in their WiiWare press release (granted, they also mentioned Frontier and Square-Enix), and the series will be revealed at the Nintendo Media Summit. According to Capcom, that event focusses on Nintendo developed/ published games.
  • edited April 2008
    Mario Adventures!
  • edited April 2008
    Mario Adventures!
    marioadventures.jpg
  • edited April 2008

Dude that was totally stolen from VG Cats.
  • edited April 2008
    Is today the day of the Nintendo Media Summit, or am I imagining things again?
    edited April 2008
    You're imagining things :) It's currently 10:30 am on Wednesday. The Nintendo summit is Thursday and Friday.
  • edited April 2008
    Mario Adventures!
    Captain N or Kid Icarus might work, and the latter is actually supposed to be in the works. Brain fart, of course... :)
  • edited April 2008
    Dude that was totally stolen from VG Cats.
    Yes. Yes it was.

/Wasn't really trying to hide it.
    //Even so, the whole concept is pretty ridiculous.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
  • edited April 2008
    Strong Bad? I'm a bit disapointed, but I guess you can't please everyone. Since I don't own a Wii either, there is really no pleasing me anyway. :)
  • edited April 2008
    Soultaker wrote: »
    Strong Bad? I'm a bit disapointed, but I guess you can't please everyone. Since I don't own a Wii either, there is really no pleasing me anyway. :)
    Disappointed? WITH STRONG BAD?! BLASPHEMY!!! :eek:
  • edited April 2008
    Soultaker wrote: »

Many combolations, Elizagerth!
  • edited April 2008
    I'm not exactly a fan of Homestar Runner, but I guess it's cool. I still would have prefered a brand new IP, in which Telltale could have exploited all their wacky ideas without having to worry about if they fit the licence.

Also, I'm a bit concerned about all those lame comparisons that will inevitably raise from the media, between this game and that other episodic-adventure-game-based-on-a-famous-web-comic to be released around the same period, Peny Arcade Adventures.

But anyway, aside from that, I think this is great news. Congratulations!
  • edited April 2008
    TROGDOR!!!!!!!! sorry, it had to be said :P
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    Also, I'm a bit concerned about all those lame comparisons that will inevitably raise from the media, between this game and that other episodic-adventure-game-based-on-a-famous-web-comic to be released around the same period, Peny Arcade Adventures.

Doesn't matter. They would have been compared to Sam & Max anyway.
  • edited April 2008
    So did I read the article correctly at the end, this series will also be on the PC and not exclusivve to the Wii? If so, yay. I don't have to buy a Wii now.
  • edited April 2008
    :confused::confused:

I guess I just don't get it. Can't please everyone I suppose.

Are those cartoons supposed to be funny?

Hopefully the other series will be better.
  • edited April 2008
    I'm just happy to be getting a new telltale game every month for what appears to be a while now, so I don't care what license it is. Could be the Smurfs for all I care.
  • edited April 2008
    Smurfs? Really? :D
    EMAN528 wrote: »
    I'm just happy to be getting a new telltale game every month for what appears to be a while now, so I don't care what license it is. Could be the Smurfs for all I care.
  • edited April 2008
    Sure, the Smurfs would be great! The whole game could revolve around daily life in the village and solving puzzles to avoid caught by Gargamel.
  • edited April 2008
    I was being a little sarcastic but in all honesty if telltale made a smurfs adventure game, I would buy it just because I enjoy their games so much.
  • edited April 2008
    Some interesting news hidden in a GameSpot Q&A:
    GameSpot wrote:
    Telltale is apparently done getting the lay of the land now, as Connors said it has four series in development, and is planning to have at least three series this year, churning out an episode a month with the series schedules running back-to-back-to-back.
    (emphasis mine)
    Four series? There's the two series we've been talking about here, there's probably more Sam & Max, but what would #4 be? Hm...
  • edited April 2008
    Harald B wrote: »
    (emphasis mine)
    Four series? There's the two series we've been talking about here, there's probably more Sam & Max, but what would #4 be? Hm...

CSI? Or has that all finished now?
  • edited April 2008
    Harald B wrote: »
    (emphasis mine)

Hopefully Bone again but I'm not holding my breath. Though maybe with the new WB movie announcement it's a possibility.
  • edited April 2008
    CSI? Or has that all finished now?
    They brought Hard Evidence to the Wii a while back now, and I don't remember it being destined for anywhere else. I suppose it could be a new CSI game though.
  • KevinKevin Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    CSI wouldn't be "all new", now would it?
  • edited April 2008
    So the #4 series is all new too? This is getting better and better. :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.