Telltales two unannounced series

2»

Comments

• edited April 2008
    I shall start my quest to win again!
  • edited April 2008
    Kevin wrote: »
    CSI wouldn't be "all new", now would it?

Brilliant news!

(Though the article didn't say "all new")
  • edited April 2008
    Holy Crap! Strong Bad + Telltale! Awesome!

Pity I don't have a Wii, nor is Wiiware available in this country yet....

Edit: Even more awesome! PC version will be available. Man, Telltale seem determined for me to give them more money :)
  • edited April 2008
    Yatta! Homestar Runner + Telltale equals WIN!
  • edited April 2008
    Yay for homestar runner!
  • edited April 2008
    Someone a while back in the thread said futurama. I would actually have a coronary if it was. But they seem to be sticking to comics. Garfield is overdone and they wouldnt be able to get liscensing for calvin and hobbes... dilbert would be too well known...
    XKCD THE GAME!!! lol
  • edited April 2008
    Dilbert would be cool. . .
  • edited April 2008
    I'm rooting for a Don Hertzfeldt game.

*use spoon with cereal bowl*

"My spoon is too big!"
  • edited April 2008
    Someone a while back in the thread said futurama. I would actually have a coronary if it was. But they seem to be sticking to comics. Garfield is overdone and they wouldnt be able to get liscensing for calvin and hobbes... dilbert would be too well known...
    XKCD THE GAME!!! lol

I think they're aiming for an older demographic, so Garfield, Calvin & Hobbes would really be out. Dilbert isn't really interesting enough to justify a series of games (IMO) and Futurama is way too big of a license.

But who knows!
  • edited April 2008
    From the tone and bits and pieces being mentioned by TTG staff, I get the impression the PC license due to be announced soonish is going to be based on a TV show.

Could be way off base though, of course.
  • edited April 2008
    I think it might be something of a serious type game. We already have the Sam & Max guys working on Strong Bad which works nicely. I can't see them annoucing another humour based game without them. Maybe something more along the lines of CSI. It makes more sense to have a variety.

It being based off another TV show makes sense too, because (again) they already have the ties with CSI. Assuming the higher ups liked the work they did I can see them getting in contact with TTG again. But if it is based off a TV show, you think the info might have leaked by now since there are so many people involved?
  • edited April 2008
    EMAN528 wrote: »
    Dilbert would be cool. . .
    Well, I don't know... there was already a TV series for Dilbert, and it was pretty un-funny. I'm afraid Dilbert works best in (short) strip-form and attempts to transplant the characters to longer stories are doomed to fail.
  • edited April 2008
    Whilst it's clearly not on the cards, a game based on Spaced would be epic.
  • edited April 2008
    Wait... they have experience with CSI games... dare I hope for a Dexter game? :D
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    xChri5x wrote: »
    I think it might be something of a serious type game. We already have the Sam & Max guys working on Strong Bad which works nicely.

The team is actually split between ex-Sam & Max and CSI team members. The lead designer on Strong Bad is Mark Darin, who did design and scripting on CSI: Hard Evidence, and Mai Nguyen, art director on CSI 3 and 4, has been art directing on CG4AP (and built all the characters and many of the environments). The writers (except Mark) are all from Sam & Max past and present, though.
  • edited April 2008
    Soultaker wrote: »
    Well, I don't know... there was already a TV series for Dilbert, and it was pretty un-funny. I'm afraid Dilbert works best in (short) strip-form and attempts to transplant the characters to longer stories are doomed to fail.
    I liked the TV show. Meh, it's all opinions. No use getting worked up over it.
  • edited April 2008
    Sweet. Something I can finally spend my points card on. The virtual console games that Nintendo has put on since Christmas have been crap.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.