Announcing Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People

Comments

• edited April 2008
    Sweet, it's done! And awesome!

I love the new trailer. Strong Bad looks pretty good blonde :P
  • edited April 2008
    At last! I finnaly saw the trailer, and I must say I freaking loved it.

Also I recalled why I stoped going to homestarrunner.com... so PLEASE be sure to add subtitles to this game too.

(Now I can get back to work...)
  • edited April 2008
    Also I recalled why I stoped going to homestarrunner.com... so PLEASE be sure to add subtitles to this game too.

Subtitles? The good lunatics at the H*R Wiki have a solution for you - get Firefox (if you haven't already) and follow the instructions for their Greasemonkey Code.

It's never worked on my computer, but my computer... isn't very good, suffice to say.
  • edited April 2008
    The trailer made me laugh out loud. I love how it looks exactly like the cartoon!

And... do we get to answer e-mails?? *puppy eyes*
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    The trailer made me laugh out loud. I love how it looks exactly like the cartoon!

And... do we get to answer e-mails?? *puppy eyes*

You can browse emails!... and probably deleted them. I don't know if del taco-ing emails is supported, though.
  • edited April 2008
    This will be a great way to spend my S&M off season.
  • edited April 2008
    awww...any chance there will be a strong bad game for normal people? i want to play it to...:(
  • edited April 2008
    He states in the trailer that you can play it too!
  • edited April 2008
    AWESOME!! I always dreamed Homestar runner and Telltale collaborate!!
  • edited April 2008
    Holy Crap! I love saying crap, and so does my crapfully crap crapper, String String Bing Bong, also known as a my brudda man Strong Bad!!!!!!:cool: I shall send him an email right now!!
  • edited April 2008
    So, let's put this all together:

1) The Homestar Runner gang, along with its creators, have made one of the most popular pop culture icons in the last five years. And never jumped away from the website...
    2) The Wii, arguably the most popular of all the 3 new game systems.
    3) Telltale games, with several former LucasArts developers and makers of the uber-popular Sam & Max games.

I'm sorry, but my brain can't comprehend the awesomeness behind all of this.

However, I did mention this to my roommate last night, who also shared my unending excitement and said "Wait, so it's episodic? And you download it right off the Wii? Oh, my god, they're all going to make so much money off of this."
  • edited April 2008
    1) The Homestar Runner gang, along with its creators, have made one of the most popular pop culture icons in the last five years.

I think this is only valid for the English-speaking countries, I'm afraid. I sware nobody in Italy does even know what Homestar Runner is. Not that I'm worried, this is almost an original IP, from a foreign point of view. ;)
    I've browsed through some of the flash animations and I think it's funny... enough. Considering I wasn't a big fan of Bone and I liked the Bone games a lot, I trust Telltale completely on this. I also like the cel-shaded look, it's something different. :)
  • ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    My head asplode. My head so very asplode.

Do I get points for sorta calling it? I'm like Nostradamus, but instead of the end of days I predict radness.
  • MarkDarinMarkDarin Former Telltale Staff
    edited April 2008
    Shauntron wrote: »
    My head asplode. My head so very asplode.

Do I get points for sorta calling it? I'm like Nostradamus, but instead of the end of days I predict radness.

Sure! 87 points for you!
  • edited April 2008
    No no no strongbads gotta make an apperence in Sam Und Max :)

Its a nice trailer, but the voices arent quite right, is other people doing them?
  • ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    MarkDarin wrote: »
    Sure! 87 points for you!

mlo41i.jpg
  • edited April 2008
    RMJ1984 wrote: »

Its a nice trailer, but the voices arent quite right, is other people doing them?
    Nope. It's Matt Chapman voicing all the characters, just like in the cartoons.
  • SegSeg
    edited April 2008
    Nope. It's Matt Chapman voicing all the characters, just like in the cartoons.

In the cartoons and the game, both Chapman brothers and Missy Palmer (Mike's wife) are the voice actors. Matt does the bulk of characters, but not all of them.
    edited April 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    awww...any chance there will be a strong bad game for normal people? i want to play it to...:(

BUT YOU CAN PLAY TOO!
  • DanHDanH Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008

Really? We're starting the voice debate with Homestar Runner?
  • edited April 2008
    Yeah, the original actors aren't quite as good as the original actors. They should really get the original guys back.
  • langleylangley Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    Maybe you're just used to hearing their voices compressed via horrible Flash audio bit rates.
    edited April 2008
    Andrew Chaikin filled in as The Cheat, but I bet nobody noticed!

note: I am lying here. The Chapmans provided all voices, as always.

They beefed up their recording equipment so there would be less room hiss and clunking around in their recordings, which might be why everyone sounds a bit different to some people's ears - their recordings are significantly cleaner than they've been in the Flash shorts.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    *Note, the flash cartoons will now benefit from this new fancy equipment too. Yay for fidelity!
  • edited April 2008
    Clear sound on the flashes? Those blurred consonants have such nostalgic value to me. D: I suppose I'll just have to stomach all these amazing improvements, frightening as they may be.
  • edited April 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    Yeah, the original actors aren't quite as good as the original actors. They should really get the original guys back.
    EPIC WHINE, errr, WIN! :D
  • edited April 2008
    No they sound more childish :S and such in that trailer and it isnt good. Maybe it was just made in a rush, the speed of the voices is also off, :/
  • edited April 2008
    No they sound more childish :S and such in that trailer and it isnt good. Maybe it was just made in a rush, the speed of the voices is also off, :/

i think the speed of the voices is done on purpose. its meant to be a phoned in and tacky commercial, after all.
    edited April 2008

The trailer on the Telltale site has deliberately bad acting. Did the horrible wigs not help tip you off?
  • edited April 2008
    I think you need to tighten up the graphics
  • edited April 2008
    LuigiHann wrote: »

WHAT DID I SAY?
    WHAT DID I TELL YOU TO DO?
    GOOD GRAPHICS!
    I COME TO WORK AND I HAVE TO LOOK AT THIS MESS!
    YOU BETTER MAKE GOOD GRAPHICS! I'M SUPPOSED TO RELEASE A VIDEO COMPUTER GAME ON TV WITHOUT THIS GRAPHIC!
    YOU HEARD ME!

(To understand what I'm talking about, watch this and click the hidden icon in the upper-right at the end.)
  • xtrmntrxtrmntr Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    LuigiHann wrote: »

At Telltale, tightening things up is Job One:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_2XzhffJq0
  • edited April 2008
    Strong Bad looks cool, can't wait to play it :)
  • edited April 2008
    I couldn't stop laughing at the recited style trailer! I love the cartoons and I'm sure this game will be just as humorous. I can't wait to explore the world of HomestarRunner!
  • edited April 2008
    Diduz wrote: »
    I think this is only valid for the English-speaking countries, I'm afraid. I sware nobody in Italy does even know what Homestar Runner is. Not that I'm worried, this is almost an original IP, from a foreign point of view. ;)
    I've browsed through some of the flash animations and I think it's funny... enough. Considering I wasn't a big fan of Bone and I liked the Bone games a lot, I trust Telltale completely on this. I also like the cel-shaded look, it's something different. :)

:P Only SOME of the flash animations? Well, after you try the game out in the future, go back to HR and watch some'more! Not all of the animations are favored by everyone, each and every single one has a different fan. Each fan has a different favorite episode. :D

...as for me, my gf and I are excited to get this! WHOO!!! Can't wait!
  • edited April 2008
    "but you can play too" added in the end of the trailer really burned us. ;_;
  • edited April 2008
    I think the crappier it looks, the better.
    I don't want StrongBad to be all slick and high-rez.
    Slick and high-rez is unnatural!
    It's not how God intended the world to be!
    GIVE ME CRAPPY GRAPHICS AND 3-CHANNEL SOUND!!!!

OK, it can look and sound a littlebit slick.

(By the way, this whole Telltale/Homestarrunner team-up took me totally by surprise! But then, I'm surprised rather easily:eek:)
  • edited April 2008
    Smollie wrote: »
    GIVE ME CRAPPY GRAPHICS AND 3-CHANNEL SOUND!!!!
    Sorry, but they'll need to leave soom room down the quality scale for the Videlectrix games - unless you want them all to be black & white text adventures sans sound... :D

np: Thomas Brinkmann - 2Suns (When Horses Die...)
  • edited April 2008
    Are you going to include a widescreen resolution for the PC version of SBCG4AP? I was playing Sam and Max and it only has 800x600 and 1024x768.
  • edited April 2008
    Season one is limited to 4x3, but season two allows widescreen resolutions, as will SBCG4AP
Sign in to comment in this discussion.