What Locations Do You Want To Visit The Most?

I'm so excited about this game cause we can now see all of Free Country is full 3D. I also can't wait to hopefully see the locations we barely know about. What I want to explore includes:

The King of Town's Castle. We know so little about this place, I'd love to see if the King enjoys any activity besides eating.

Homestar's Home. Wreck havoc on Homestar's own turf would be a lot of fun.

Old Timey Universe. I know it is one of the most hated Homestar places, but I for one would like to see Old Timey Strong Bad and assist him in his villainy.

Stinkoman Universe. This part of the Homestar world has a lot of room to grow, and they could have a ton of Japanese Video Game parodies here.

So that's what I wanna see, what about you guys? And BTW if the game has the same clever writing of Homestar and or Sam and Max, I'll be happy no matter what.

Comments

• edited April 2008
    Sterrance wrote: »
    The King of Town's Castle. We know so little about this place, I'd love to see if the King enjoys any activity besides eating.

Well, he has (or at least had) an arcade machine, but Strong Bad once used it as a heavy lourde.

I'd like to be able to walk around Bubs' Concession Stand, and... and...

SWEET CUPPIN' CAKES!
  • edited April 2008
    I really hope they do a Halloween episode. Since the series is starting in June the episodes will stretch over to halloween so it would be perfect!
    I'd love to walk around the forest and run into other characters doing crazy things or go trick or treating like in "The house that gave sucky treats". It'll be neat to see how they can make Homsar an easter egg too!
  • edited April 2008
    What xChri5x said I wanna see the forest and then visit the stick....and you know wander around Strong Bad's house......
  • edited April 2008

You sure you want to know? here's a clue: he has a personal Poopsmith.

Also:

StrongBad: Do you have... a deep impact DVD?
    Bubs: No!
    StrongBad: Do you have... an MS paint picture of a brontosaurus having breakfast?
    StrongBad: Do you have... a modestly hot Homsar?
  • edited April 2008
    Definitely Bubs', and of course we're all waiting to see exactly what the layout of the Strong house is :)

-Kato
  • edited April 2008
    tredlow wrote: »
    You sure you want to know? here's a clue: he has a personal Poopsmith.
    Good point. But considering what he was about to do with the Poopsmiths shovel in email Virus (before being being attacked by the Ugly One) I think the worst part is over.

And that reminds me, we need the TEEN GIRL SQUAD in the game! Telltale can save some money by barely animating them.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    Old Timey Universe. I know it is one of the most hated Homestar places, but I for one would like to see Old Timey Strong Bad and assist him in his villainy.

Is it really hated? The Ballad of the Sneak is one of my favorite musical things in the whole H*R universe.
  • edited April 2008
    And that reminds me, we need the TEEN GIRL SQUAD in the game! Telltale can save some money by barely animating them.

TGS Comic generator? That would rock.

Oh, and sooooo stoked about this. Telltale, you're allready my favourite video game company ever, and you're STILL upping the ante! Can't wait to see what the other mystery series will be.
  • edited April 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    Is it really hated? The Ballad of the Sneak is one of my favorite musical things in the whole H*R universe.

Personally, it's not my favorite feature, but I appreciate the occasional Old-Timey toon. Ballad of the Sneak is wonderful and it sticks in your head like superglue (if you were to stick superglue in your head, that is. Please don't.) Oh, and The Homestar Runner's deadpan drawl coupled with the inept camera work always makes me laugh.

I adore the Cheat Commandos and I want to see them somewhere in this, though it's hard for me to imagine how, seeing as they're a cartoon within a cartoon. Maybe a Crack Stuntman appearance? :D I can't thank him enough for extolling the virtues of knife safety.
  • edited April 2008
    I want to see a segment in a Strongbadman comic. There can be a puzzle where you have to get a danish.
  • edited April 2008
    Old Timey H*R is amazing! "That A Ghost" is hilarious!
  • edited April 2008

Yeah, and Old-timey Homestar is either mike or matt chapman's favorite character.
  • edited April 2008

Really? Me and my gf love Old Timey Universe.
    "Zounds! A sarsaparilla swimming hole! Last one in is a freemason! ~~ Jump!"

Stinkoman and the Cheat Commandos are a definite for me.
    I'd like to maybe visit Sweet Cuppin' Cakes Land... and their mini golf "resort".

Hanging out at the pool sounds awesome too.

I'd also like to buy my food at Blubbo's (if you could even find food there) and that marshmallow restaurant stand. ( or dreadfully at Bub's, when he has one of his "specials" ) Possibly I'd get SBLOUNSKCHED! all over the place. Oh! And going to The Pizz would be awesome too!

And work at the office, doin' business stuff. :P

Hyperlink overkill. :P I would add more, but then I'd link those too. And that'd take a while, and be more of an overkill.
  • edited April 2008
    There's far too much in the Homestar Runner universe to ask for everything.. Especially things that aren't exactly consistent with actual Free Country, USA. Much of the website's content is imagined by the characters.
  • edited April 2008
    Juhsayngul wrote: »
    Much of the website's content is imagined by the characters.

That's one of the things I find most fascinating about the site... Strong Bad admittedly makes stuff up, and yet, the things he makes up become real over time. It's spooky if you think about it too much:D
  • edited April 2008
    We need Stinkoman in some form in this game. A minigame, maybe, or a dream/fantasy sequence.

It would be neat to go to places characters have only talked about, too, like the Isle of Pom.
  • edited April 2008
    Behonkiss wrote: »
    We need Stinkoman in some form in this game.
    Why?
  • edited April 2008
    Are you asking for a CHALLENGE!!!
  • edited April 2008
    The places I wanna explore most are Strong Badia and Bubs' Concession Stand. Strong Bad's town doesn't look like much, but it would still be cool to see; and it would be beyond total awesomeness if you could buy the hazardous items from Bubs'.
  • edited April 2008
    I registered just to be able to make my comment here:

The King of Town's Castle, and all the locations involved in finding the Yellow Dellow and finding the King of Town's sheep. Those locations would be quite... epic!

Also, I hope there is a chance to get this game (in English) via Wiiware in Japan. I haven't tried any Wiiware yet, but because I live in Japan and bought my system in Japan I am fearing I will be disappointed by my lack of access to Strongbad.
  • edited April 2008
    I don't see a problem with that. Isn't Wiiware just the internet connected to a wii anyway?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    Wii Virtual Console has different lineups and restrictions in different regions (North America / Europe / Japan all have slightly different catalogs, for instance, and you can't purchase games available in stores outside your region -- eg if you have a North American console, you can't shop in the Japan store), and that is likely going to carry to WiiWare. We'd of course like to get the game on as many systems as possible, but other regions aren't something we have any concrete plans to talk about... at least not that I know about at 2 in the morning, alone in the office!
  • edited April 2008
    Where would I like to visit the most?

The Spooky Woods. The dichotomy between the day- and nighttime versions could lend itself to some clever puzzles, and possibly some Silent Hill-esque references on the side.

Though, if what the wiki identifies as "imaginary" places are also being considered by the development team, I always wondered how completely generic Place from different town would look. :rolleyes:
  • edited April 2008
    Sabrewing wrote: »
    I always wondered how completely generic Place from different town would look. :rolleyes:

It'd probably be a location of some kind. It'd likely feature stuff. It'd be disappointing if they left out the thing.

Man, if Place was in the game, I would feel an emotion of some kind.
  • edited April 2008
    at least not that I know about at 2 in the morning, alone in the office!

risky-business-cruise-400a012507.jpg
  • edited April 2008
    Mm, yes, you would likely visit Proprietor's Business, order a food from Nawn D. Skript Restaurant, and find a most important Arbitrary Collectible Item to advance further!
  • edited April 2008
    I saw it mentioned already. But I'll mention it again.
    Visiting the Sweet Cuppin' Cake land would be sweet. ...and cuppin'... ...like cake.
    At least if it acted like that land. I wouldn't want to be able to predict what's happening in there.
    Also, if the place gets included, don't forget the code hiding behind the background (as seen in the SCC verison of the frontpage). It speaks.

Speaking of frontpages.
    It would be cool if you could visit the location of the homestarrunner.com front page. Not as cool as visiting SCC land, but still cool.
    Being near the front page has potential for quite a lot of happenings, I think.
  • edited April 2008
    Oh, yeah. But that would only be in situations where you can play as Homestar. Then you know you could go "Toons!" "Games!" "Characters?" and stuff would happen.
  • edited April 2008
    For that matter Homestar could already be there, ready to spout out either of those.
    But that would maybe be exactly like visiting the website... only in 3D.. and we like 3D.
    I think the idea is cool, at least. It's been played with in the toons, and there's even a front page where you see from the back side of the front page.

If the location was included, it should be in every episode.
    And like the different version of the actual front page, the buttons should do different things depending on the episode.
    If this game wasn't called "Strong Bad", they could've used this entire thing as the game's menu. Random example following:

Toons - Re-watch key "cinematics."
    Games - Play, Save and Load the main game.
    Characters - Character bios.
    Downloads - Nintendo Wi-Fi, connect to newsserver for message of the week and release date for later episodes, etc.
    Store - Crash the game and boot Wii Shop Channel.
    ey-jee-maaaail - Access unlocked SBemails.
  • edited April 2008
    How about Club Technochocolate? I personally find Coach Z hilarious, it'd be cool to see more of him too.
  • edited April 2008
    There's an easy way to let the player go to all of the weird universes, he seems to have made up. It's called the Alternate Universe Portal from SBemail #150!

That could be a terrific plot developer.
  • edited April 2008
    I'm kinda hoping that they take the plunge and dig a few feet under Strong Badia in search of the lost ruins of Coldonesdry!
  • edited April 2008
    I'm kinda hoping that they take the plunge and dig a few feet under Strong Badia in search of the lost ruins of Coldonesdry!

Am I the only person who is reminded of the city of D'ni? A Myst tribute episode would be crazy but wonderful.
  • edited April 2008
    The Stone Bridge, where Bubs and Coach Z had that knife fight.
  • edited April 2008
    The Stone Bridge, where Bubs and Coach Z had that knife fight.

OMG IT WAS POM POM N00B!

:rolleyes:

I wouldn't be too surprised if the bridge was there. Whether or not it serves a purpose, though, I can't say...
  • edited April 2008
    Coach Z's Locker Room. You could occasionally find him taking a shower with the towel still around his waist. Haha. xD

Maybe the trailer home that Daddy Mudgeman lives in?

You should be able to actually go IN the King of Town's grill, so you can actually see where the cheat lives and what his place is like.

And maybe you could go to the house that gave sucky treats to get bonuses every so often? Or hints?

And maybe even CGNU! o:
  • edited April 2008
    Seriously, can't they make one joke without it becoming a canonical staple in the series?
  • edited April 2008
    Juhsayngul wrote: »
    Seriously, can't they make one joke without it becoming a canonical staple in the series?

Nope. That's the problem with frequently referring to past events, characters, things and concepts, especially to the degree to which the Brothers Chaps do it.

Sorry to go on a tangent, but if I had a long running series with lots of continuity errors that obsessive nerds complained about, I'd make a large but cheaply made episode/story/whatever that would be canonical to the series' universe and fix all those errors but not be very good (not that I'd go out of my way to make it crap - it's just the likeliest outcome). It would have a warning saying that only people who whine about continuity should view it, and that people who actually want entertainment should stay away. I mean, things made for the express purpose of patching up the continuities of fictional universes tend to suck, so why pretend otherwise?
  • MarkDarinMarkDarin Former Telltale Staff
    edited April 2008
    BiggerJ wrote: »
    ...if I had a long running series with lots of continuity errors that obsessive nerds complained about, I'd make a large but cheaply made episode/story/whatever that would be canonical to the series' universe and fix all those errors but not be very good...

If I were the Chapmans, thats exactly the sort of thing I would specifically NOT do. In fact, the more people tried to impose some sort of continuity and turn the one-off jokes into canon, the more likely I'd be to make a new cartoon that intentionally destroys the previously established continuity! But then thats just my way of saying "Relax people! It's just a cartoon. Have fun with it!"
  • edited April 2008
    It would be cool to be able to visit strong bad's house two weeks into the future.
    Two strong bads means twice the awesome.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.