Playable Female Character

2»

Comments

• Thanks, but I can speak for myself.

Profanity got it right - I never suggested a sex change of Wolf, and neither did the OP. The question here was if we would like to play a female character. I question this because the game is named Wolf Among Us, and said Wolf is a guy, which has been said to be caninical in it's relationship with the comic Fable (I'm repeating myself here, I know).

Wolf is a guy. The guy Wolf is canonical. Making a female character would not be canonical in this context - unless of course there ARE characters in Fable that would be suitable to play as female - I don't know, Princess Toadstool? I have no idea what female characters are in the comic Fable. either way, if a female character would be choosen to be playable, having the name Wolf (the guy you know) in the game title would simply be misleading. If there were say a lot of characters from the Fable comic available to be playable, then the game would most likelyu just be called 'Fable - The Game' and not 'Wolf Among Us'.

Regarding the canonical thing, I'd say that as long as it is endorsed and permitted by the creator, then it's canon, hence my remark about the sign 'The Walking Dead' (some people here seems to have missed that part entirely). This is why I consider the game The Walking Dead canon in relation with the comic on which both it and the show are based on, but not say 'Night of the Living Dead'. The universe's are virtually the same, but there is no official connection between them.

Vainamoinen posted: »

Give him the benefit of the doubt at least, will ya? I questioned this because of this fact as well as (as far as I know) there isn't a female Wolf character in fables.

• puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni

As I understand it, Wolf is the guy that is the protagonist in the comic

Yes and no! Fables is a very rich universe with a whole bunch of "main" characters. Bigby Wolf is the protagonist in the comics' first story arc, but really doesn't feature at all in the second - Snow White is the protagonist there. There's a brief story after that which follows a little adventure with Jack (from Jack and the Beanstalk), and then the next is the story of Boy Blue's escape from the Homelands.

Bigby is definitely a hugely important character in the comics, especially in the big overarching story, but he's not ALWAYS the protagonist. That said, he was definitely the right player character choice for the story we have set up for you. :)

Warge posted: »

As I understand it, Wolf is the guy that is the protagonist in the comic, thus making the game a prequel in a canonical universe. The question

• TWD has so many great characters and a very big fan base. and because of that fans like me will always want more. It would have been nice to have side story's that a player could experience. like a 30 minuet Carly story that covers what happened during the flower festival and how she met Doug, lily, and her hot headed dad. I really would have liked to play as Lee's brother, so you see I would gladly buy more DLC that doesn't directly focus on the main story line. just forget what I said about the 400 days I confused my damn self reading that.

What is Telltale's episodic concept but the idea to produce one main game with four additional DLC packs?

• On a sidenote, the new forum uses Markdown instead of ubb. If you want to quote anything, just begin the line with a

>

Profanity posted: »

[anger]Oh, you just had to show off how well can you quote![/anger]

• edited September 2013

On a sidenote, the new forum uses Markdown instead of ubb. If you want to quote anything, just begin the line with a >

test. it works!!!! i can now quote!!!

On a sidenote, the new forum uses Markdown instead of ubb. If you want to quote anything, just begin the line with a >

• I can never understand this perspective.

Whether it's emotionally or physically, there are weak and strong men just as there are weak and strong women.

• I like Snow because of how complex she is. In one arc, she can be worrying about what going on with her family (Rose), and do a complete change of personality when she fights someone. Besides, I wasn't really that drawn to many other characters. Except Boy Blue.

MissDRJ posted: »

I've never read the comics. why is snow your favorite?

• OMAOMA
    edited September 2013

When Lee was was cutting off his own arm, that was dramatic.

Thanks for the f*ing spoiler, man...

• I'd like to lick catwoman...

MissDRJ posted: »

Come on guys be brave, think of Wonder Woman, Catwoman, and Storm. these women took a licking and kept on ticking.

• Does anyone remember the original Metroid for NES? I can remember the end of the game like yesterday. All kinds of folks stunned. Amazing how far games have come.

• Not really. Bigby is enough for me.

• I'd be down for a female protagonist. Playing as Snow or Cindy would be pretty badass.

• A female character would mean a complete different approach to the story, or rather actually a different story. You couldn't just replace Bigby with a female counterpart and keep the same exact story and same interactions with the NPCs without making the game completely silly.
    Also people who refer to DC/Marvel heroines like Catwoman or Superwoman to justify a female character being able to be as tough as Bigby need to remember that the game is inspired by Fables which is inspired by classic fairy tales, and fairy tales don't have tough superstrong post-feminist or whatever heroines, or we don't know the same fairy tales and in that case please enlighten me (if it turns out that Fables DID turn some tales' female characters into such asskicking, ball-busting heroines, I'd be glad to know before I begin reading the comics, after playing TWAU I'm very interested in the books but I couldn't stand this kind of bullshit so you'd do me a great favor and it would save me a huge disappointment.)

That being said a Fables-based game with a female playable character could be great too, I think, but since I'm more than satisfied with this one, I don't really care.

• edited October 2013

Yeah, Fables turn one tales' female character into asskicking heroine. Probably the best in her job, depending on that how many years she had to train, more than any mundy in our world. I'll let you found out by yourself, who is she - that's only one character like that, so you shouldn't resign of reading.

A female character would mean a complete different approach to the story, or rather actually a different story. You couldn't just replace Bigb

• edited October 2013

"you shouldn't resign of reading"
    I was being more or less rhetorical here, since I'm very excited about these comics and no matter the comments I'd want to make my own opinion, but thank you for reassuring me that at worst, there would be only one of these characters I dislike...
    (and anyway, if her progression is logical and makes sense, I don't see why I wouldn't buy it)

• edited October 2013

"you shouldn't resign of reading"
    I was being more or less rhetorical here, since I'm very excited about these comics and no matter the comments I'd want to make my own opinion, but thank you for reassuring me that at worst, there would be only one of these characters I dislike...
    (and anyway, if her progression is logical and makes sense, I don't see why I wouldn't buy it...)

• I don't think you'd dislike her. Her abilities make sense to her job.

"you shouldn't resign of reading" I was being more or less rhetorical here, since I'm very excited about these comics and no matter the comme

Sign in to comment in this discussion.