The bottomless bottle of Mountain Dew.

You know that bottemless bottle of Mountain Dew that HOmestar has? What would happen if it was filled with mentos & then shaken up? Would it like, explode or would it still be intact? Just tryin ta make discussion.

Comments

• JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    I think it might have to be diet Mountain Dew for that to work.
  • edited April 2008
    I'm guessing they'd have a new Mountain Dew fountain.... At least until the Mentos dissolve.
  • edited April 2008
    WHy diet? WHy doesn't it work on regular, I mean it doesn't make any sense!
    edited April 2008
    There are ingredients in Diet Coke at least that aren't present in regular Coke which causes the eruption to happen. I don't know if that holds for other diet sodas vs regular sodas, but there is amazingly a Wikipedia page about it. Take a look! (Also check out the talk page to see people disagreeing with the main article!)
  • edited April 2008
    I think this requires some scientific testing. Who's got some Mountain Dew, Diet Mountain Dew, a pack of Mentos and some spare time?
  • edited April 2008
    there's always that mythbusters episode :)
  • edited April 2008
    Well, we know that if you pour it into a broken computer and add the King of Town's denture tablets/after-dinner mints, it'll explode with bad graphics...
  • edited April 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    There are ingredients in Diet Coke at least that aren't present in regular Coke which causes the eruption to happen.
    i once watched an interview with the/some guys, who were supposed to have invented this stuff and they claimed that it also works with regular coke, but they used diet coke, because the results were less sticky...and it works even better.
    furthermore i would like to state, that i have dire interest in that bottomless bottle of mountain dew...they don't sell this kind of beverage here and all my supply routes have been cut of..
  • edited April 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    i
    furthermore i would like to state, that i have dire interest in that bottomless bottle of mountain dew

But what if it goes flat? :eek:
  • edited April 2008
    i pour it into other people's computers??

okay, so normal bottles or cans would do as well..awww, i totally want one now..

...are the rumors true that this stuff causes testicle-cancer or something?
  • edited April 2008
    i pour it into other people's computers??

okay, so normal bottles or cans would do as well..awww, i totally want one now..

...are the rumors true that this stuff causes testicle-cancer or something?

Mountain Dew contains yellow 5, which in mass quantities, way more than you could consume without exploding, has been linked to to a lowering of your ability to bear children. Of course I heard this from a guy who heard it from his sisters boyfriends neighbors optometrist so it could all just be conjecture.
  • edited April 2008
    The ingredient of Yellow 5 that did that was removed years ago when it was first discovered to have a negative effect. And anyway, as you said, you'd have to eat like a ton of straight color. Why is it always Mountain Dew I hear this in reference to? There are other foods that contain Yellow 5, but I never hear anyone say they have such effects.
  • edited April 2008
    Well, if your ability to procreate wanes from drinking Dew, you could always switch to Powerthirst...

Power running, power lifting, power sleeping, power dating, power eating, power laughing, power spawning babies! You'll have so many babies! 400 BABIES!!!!!
  • edited April 2008
    400 Babies!!!?!?@$!^$!
  • edited April 2008
    And they'll all run like KENYANS!!!!!1one
  • edited April 2008
    I can't believe you guys are forgetting that Strong Bad used Homestar's Mountain Dew with the KOTs Oh No You Dent! Denture Tablets to create an explosion that had destroyed the Lappy in email classic retirement.
  • edited April 2008
    not really...see?
    Kayube wrote: »
    Well, we know that if you pour it into a broken computer and add the King of Town's denture tablets/after-dinner mints, it'll explode with bad graphics...

okay, back to topic: where do i get my mountain dew from?
  • edited July 2008
    wait, does diet mountin dew even exist? I mean I've never seen any.
    edited July 2008
    mountain_dew_can.jpg
  • edited July 2008
    Mind you Jake is excellent at the Photoshop.
  • edited July 2008
    Suddenly, I'm very thirsty...
  • edited July 2008
    ok so it does exist, turns out I just never heard of it
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    Worst drink in the world? Diet caffeine-free Mountain Dew. I mean seriously, what's the point?
  • edited July 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    mountain_dew_can.jpg

Sorry, but I think he meant the 2L bottle version. Of course he has seen the canned version. Right? Right????

Anyway, I agree with a prior comment that the soda would probably go flat, even if it is bottomless (and not bottomless as in Monkey Island bottomless mugs).
  • edited July 2008
    Will wrote: »
    Worst drink in the world? Diet caffeine-free Mountain Dew. I mean seriously, what's the point?

Mountain Dew /is/ caffeine free in Australia. The only soft drinks that are allowed to have caffeine in them are colas or energy drinks.

That's why it was a fairly big surprise when I learned that US Mountain Dew is caffeinated. I mean, it tastes so horribly sweet I couldn't imagine why anyone would want to drink it.... but caffeine does make the difference :) Mmm, coffee.
  • edited July 2008
    Will wrote: »

I beg to differ. The worst drink in the world is Monster MIXXD. It tastes like somebody dumped prune juice into grape juice and mixed it around with a skunk. And it doesn't even have any kick. *shudders*
  • edited July 2008
    Molokov wrote: »
    Mountain Dew /is/ caffeine free in Australia. The only soft drinks that are allowed to have caffeine in them are colas or energy drinks.

Sounds Orwellian.
  • edited July 2008
    Mountain Dew, made fresh, from goats, daily.
  • edited July 2008
    how do they get the goats to glow brightly yellow?
  • edited July 2008
    Kayube wrote: »

Oh, no you dent!
  • edited July 2008
    how do they get the goats to glow brightly yellow?

It's a simple case of regular injections of a small dose of uranium. I'm sure you can find the info somewhere on wikipedia...

It also gives a bit of flavor.
  • edited July 2008
    Falzo wrote: »
    It's a simple case of regular injections of a small dose of uranium. I'm sure you can find the info somewhere on wikipedia...

It also gives a bit of flavor.

Nucular Goats, eh? Is the flavor as "explosive" and "nuclear" as those old recharge-able Game Boy batteries?
  • edited July 2008
    But.. But... if it's bottomless... it'll all drain away once you lift it off the table. :(
  • edited July 2008
    you'd need and endless supply of mentos too you know. :/
    and you'd have to install a little despenser at the top to keep it going. then the world would be yours!!! >:D BWAAA HA HA HAAAAAAAAA hahahahahahahaha hee hee... eh hehe lulz! :D kaithxbai!
  • edited July 2008
    you'd need and endless supply of mentos too you know. :/
    and you'd have to install a little despenser at the top to keep it going. then the world would be yours!!! >:D BWAAA HA HA HAAAAAAAAA hahahahahahahaha hee hee... eh hehe lulz! :D kaithxbai!

That only works with coke.
  • edited July 2008
    If we had access to the BLOMD (Bottomless Liter Of Mountain Dew) the US government would take it and use it as a weapon. :D
  • edited July 2008
    Tandy 400 wrote: »
    If we had access to the BLOMD (Bottomless Liter Of Mountain Dew) the US government would take it and use it as a weapon. :D

More accurately a canteen.
  • edited July 2008
    What if you could possibly get the Mountain Dew out, make the top wider and put things in it? Would it be an infinite storage unit?
  • edited July 2008
    What if you could possibly get the Mountain Dew out, make the top wider and put things in it? Would it be an infinite storage unit?

This thread is about The Bottomless bottle of MOUNTAIN DEW, not bottomless bottle of INFINITE STORAGE UNITS. ... i mean STORAGE
  • edited July 2008
    if we had access to the blomd (bottomless liter of mountain dew) the us government would take it and use it as a weapon. :d

blomd wmd?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.