The bottomless bottle of Mountain Dew.

Comments

• edited July 2008
    Tandy 400 wrote: »
    What if you could possibly get the Mountain Dew out, make the top wider and put things in it? Would it be an infinite storage unit?

Have you ever tried to get your valuable inventory items out of an infinite bottle? You would also need an infinite sized inventory sorter/retriever. ;)
  • edited July 2008
    Shmeh wrote: »
    Have you ever tried to get your valuable inventory items out of an infinite bottle? You would also need an infinite sized inventory sorter/retriever. ;)

I'll stick with my infinite number of coat hangers unwound and tied together.

Thing took literally forever to make.
  • edited July 2008
    Hey what if you dropped something in the Endless
    Dew bottle?What if you dropped something like....
    A ring or a DS game or a gummy bear could you
    eventually get it out?
  • edited July 2008
    That joke was done better one post above you, about two weeks ago.
  • edited July 2008
    Oh...didn't see that...
  • edited July 2008
    Tandy 400 wrote: »
    What if you could possibly get the Mountain Dew out, make the top wider and put things in it? Would it be an infinite storage unit?

I think Sam has an infinite storage unit...
  • edited July 2008
    A ring or a DS game or a gummy bear could you
    eventually get it out?
    a ds game can fit through the neck of a mountain dew bottle? cool, those things must be small. anyways, you should be able to get it out though, since it should float in mountain dew. i believe a ds game is sort of like a sd card - hmm, i see a connection - and sd cards float in mointain dew. if it sinks it is lost forever. of course you can't get the mountain dew out, since it's bottomless..
  • edited July 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    a ds game can fit through the neck of a mountain dew bottle? cool, those things must be small. anyways, you should be able to get it out though, since it should float in mountain dew. i believe a ds game is sort of like a sd card - hmm, i see a connection - and sd cards float in mointain dew. if it sinks it is lost forever. of course you can't get the mountain dew out, since it's bottomless..

But if it sinks, you can turn the bottle upside-down and then it would sink back to the neck of the bottle again. If you haven't just put it in, it could take a while for it it come out, though.
  • edited July 2008
    What if you managed to get something in that would clog the bottle? Would it build up infinite pressure, eventually making the bottle explode?

Or...

Can someone who knows the physics of liquid pressure help me out here?
  • edited July 2008
    What if you managed to get something in that would clog the bottle? Would it build up infinite pressure, eventually making the bottle explode?

Or...

Can someone who knows the physics of liquid pressure help me out here?

Whatever you used to clog the bottle would probably be the weakest point in the system as the bottle would have been designed to withstand the pressure of infinite amount of mountain dew. This means that whatever you use to clog it would break first.

A more interesting question is, could you clog it with something tough enough to build enough pressure for it to be able to launch itself into orbit? :)
  • edited July 2008
    But if it sinks, you can turn the bottle upside-down and then it would sink back to the neck of the bottle again.
    wouldn't you drown in mountain dew, if you tried to open it that way?
    Whatever you used to clog the bottle would probably be the weakest point in the system as the bottle would have been designed to withstand the pressure of infinite amount of mountain dew.
    i don't think the bottomless bottle is much different from your average bottle..so it probably can't withstand unlimited pressure. i made up a theory that will explain everything. there isn't really a bottomless bottle of mountain dew. it's just a regular bottle, one of the huge ones though. these things are just so bright in colour, that if you watch it for more than two seconds, the image of the bottle and the liquid, that is being poured out, is burned into the your retina...and thus it seems as if the stream goes on and on.
  • Hmmm...
    The Properties of Infinite Mountain Dew 101.

anyone here would own at this class. ^_^

And to the people who talk about emptying the bottle and putting a object inside (Infinite Storage Unit) That wouldn't work.

See, you couldn't empty the bottle in the FIRST place because it is an infinite bottle of Mountain Dew, and mountain Dew only. It can't be emptied, and dropping something in would just fall out when you pour the Dew out again.

Simple. Quite simple. I think?

back to the first question that started the thread: If that worked, would I be able to use it to torture Sam and Max and some of Gotham City (SCP and The Joker are one in the same! oooh!)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    bigdondoo wrote: »
    I think Sam has an infinite storage unit...

I think Sam can only really hold 20 things at once, but usually tops out at around 11 or 12 if you try really hard.
  • edited July 2008
    What if some evil mastermind got the Bottomless Bottle of Dew?He might, like, use all the dew to drown cities, or something...
  • What if some evil mastermind got the Bottomless Bottle of Dew?He might, like, use all the dew to drown cities, or something...
    *gives the Dew Bottle to Hugh Bliss*

OOOH. Caffine is the source of Joy and happiness...

*Gives the Dew bottle to The Joker*

What the hell is this for?

*Gives to the Shambling Corporate Presence*

BLAARGH! *drinks forever*

*gives to the Soda Poppers*

S-S-Soda? *Drinks until the have to go urinate for the rest of their life*

Hmm... yes, that WOULD be interesting,
  • edited July 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    I think Sam can only really hold 20 things at once, but usually tops out at around 11 or 12 if you try really hard.

When I come to the point where I have to click a button to go to the second round of items, I start wondering about thing's like this. Thanks for the clarification!

I can't use this piece of string here...
  • edited July 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    so, he can't hold more items, because there usually aren't more around?
    It can't be emptied, and dropping something in would just fall out when you pour the Dew out again.
    if you drop a small item into a bottle filled with any kind of drinkable liquid and you turn the bottle round and pour the stuff out...doesn't the small object usually come out last? i'm not sure about this, but i think that's what usually happens...unless the small item is heavy enough or so...anybody here, who knows something about physics?
  • edited July 2008
    if you drop a small item into a bottle filled with any kind of drinkable liquid and you turn the bottle round and pour the stuff out...doesn't the small object usually come out last? i'm not sure about this, but i think that's what usually happens...unless the small item is heavy enough or so...anybody here, who knows something about physics?

It depends on whether the objects floats or not. (Where's Dave Letterman when you need him?) If it floats, it'll come out last, which, with our bottomless bottle, means that we'll never see it again. If it sinks, it comes out first, which means that it'll disappear when we put it in, but then sink when we turn over the bottle to pour out the Dew.

In other news, "Never ending soda! Ahahah ahahah ahahah!"
  • edited July 2008
    bigdondoo wrote: »
    It depends on whether the objects floats or not. (Where's Dave Letterman when you need him?) If it floats, it'll come out last, which, with our bottomless bottle, means that we'll never see it again. If it sinks, it comes out first, which means that it'll disappear when we put it in, but then sink when we turn over the bottle to pour out the Dew.

In other news, "Never ending soda! Ahahah ahahah ahahah!"

If it floats, then you just open the bottle and it will be floating there at the top. No problem. The only way it would definitely lost forever, is if the object dissolves or gets stuck to the side of the bottle (when it's out of reach, of course).
  • edited July 2008
    If it floats, then you just open the bottle and it will be floating there at the top. No problem.

'tis true! You are correct sir! :)
  • edited July 2008
    The endless bottle of MD is a really interesting subject.
    But what made it endless?
  • edited July 2008
    The endless bottle of MD is a really interesting subject.
    But what made it endless?

Homestar
  • edited July 2008
    Never ending sooo-dUUUUH...UHH AH ah UH AH ah UH AH ah...
  • edited July 2008
    The bottle may be infinite, but those crazy bottle makers had nothing to do with the dew. ... So the guys at the filling place can't really infinitly fill the bottle. Espeshally when the robots always put in the same amount every time. But if they did fill it sepretly, who would want to fill it... forever?
  • edited July 2008
    Ben Again wrote: »
    The bottle may be infinite, but those crazy bottle makers had nothing to do with the dew. ... So the guys at the filling place can't really infinitly fill the bottle. Espeshally when the robots always put in the same amount every time. But if they did fill it sepretly, who would want to fill it... forever?

It was created by Homestar, he is the only person capable of this feat. Do not question the existence.
  • edited July 2008
    InfamousDS wrote: »
    do not question the existence.

come quietly.you will be assimilated.
  • edited July 2008
    Maybe Homestar's mind is beyond anything any human being has ever known. Maybe being stupid is a front...FOR HIS MASTERMIND ABILITY! He is secretly plotting the take over of Free Country, USA. With Diaper Pies, Bottomless Liters of Mountain Dews, Cool Tapes and Spinning Buzzers.

The same way he lifts things without arms is the same way he creates the BLOMDs.
  • edited July 2008
    Hey, wait, if it's bottomless, but it's an ordinary bottle, than doesn't that mean if you open it you will flood the whole world?I mean, it's an infinite source, but the bottle isn't big enough to hold such quantities, so the water will escape when it can, so if you make it so the dew can escape(i.e., open the bottle,) it will, and being an infinte source, all the dew will gush out, and never stop, so it will make so much dew, that it will flood houses,towns,cities,states/territories,countries, and finally, planets.Wait, they should make an episode(if the make another season of SBCG4AP)where a terrorrist group rises in Strong Badia, and they steal the bottle, and will open the bottle, unless Strong Bad gives them the Lappy.
  • edited July 2008
    Hey, wait, if it's bottomless, but it's an ordinary bottle, than doesn't that mean if you open it you will flood the whole world?

This has made me wonder about the nature of the Dew and the bottle. You're right about it being an infinite source, however your final idea (the flooding of the with sweet, sweet Mountain Dew) is not seen in practice. Therefore, it would seem that the bottle itself must have some sort of special unknown property.

When Homestar poured the Dew on the computer it continually comes out and would never stop unless he stops pouring it. The bottle is finite, but can hold infinate amounts of Mt. Dew. Therefore, it is my conjecture that the bottle is in fact the item producing the never ending Dew. When the Dew is poured out of the bottle, more Dew is formed thus creating a seemingly never ending soda.

We shall call this the Bigdondoo Mountain Dew Theorum #1
  • edited July 2008
    Ohh, so basically it would flood the world, but really slowly.
  • edited July 2008
    Hey, wait, if it's bottomless, but it's an ordinary bottle, than doesn't that mean if you open it you will flood the whole world?I mean, it's an infinite source, but the bottle isn't big enough to hold such quantities, so the water will escape when it can, so if you make it so the dew can escape(i.e., open the bottle,) it will, and being an infinte source, all the dew will gush out, and never stop, so it will make so much dew, that it will flood houses,towns,cities,states/territories,countries, and finally, planets.Wait, they should make an episode(if the make another season of SBCG4AP)where a terrorrist group rises in Strong Badia, and they steal the bottle, and will open the bottle, unless Strong Bad gives them the Lappy.

Well, that depends on the nature of the Mountain Dew inside the bottle. If it is pressurized and being forced out of the opening, then yes, that may happen. If it is not pressurized, though, then the Mountain Dew will only come out of the opening until the level outside the bottle is the same as the level inside the bottle, which would be no higher than the highest point of the bottle. Therefore, it would depend on where the bottle was being held, as it would be a much worse flood if it was on the top of a mountain as opposed to being held at sea level where the flood would only be a few feet deep.
  • edited July 2008
    Well, that depends on the nature of the Mountain Dew inside the bottle. If it is pressurized and being forced out of the opening, then yes, that may happen. If it is not pressurized, though, then the Mountain Dew will only come out of the opening until the level outside the bottle is the same as the level inside the bottle, which would be no higher than the highest point of the bottle. Therefore, it would depend on where the bottle was being held, as it would be a much worse flood if it was on the top of a mountain as opposed to being held at sea level where the flood would only be a few feet deep.

What if they shook it up alot?
  • edited July 2008
    What if they shook it up alot?

Hmm, good point...then it would depend on how long the carbonation lasted. Like, would it go flat soon after opening, or, like the Dew itself, is the carbonation endless?
  • edited July 2008
    Anything is possible, in the Homestar Zone.deedle deedle deedle deedle......
  • edited July 2008
    I have a theory about the nature of Homestar's Mountain Dew bottle. The way I see it, the bottle is just an ordinary bottle, accept that it has a wormhole attached to the bottom of it (inside the bottle, not outside). This wormhole is connected to an endless universe where the only thing that exists (or ever has existed) is Mountain Dew. Oh, and this wormhole is a smart wormhole. It somehow knows whether or not the Mountain Dew bottle is full. If the bottle is full, it closes itself. If the bottle is not full, it opens, letting Mountain Dew into the bottle only as fast as it can normally be poured out.

Horray for me. I just solved everything.
  • edited July 2008
    My theory is that the Chapmans were lazy animators and made a joke out of it.
  • edited July 2008
    My theory is that the bottle of Mountain Dew works like the infinite-storage cube that was in the Jimmy Neutron cartoon- it can store an infinite amount of anything in a small, portable object and whatever you need to come out of it will when you activate it... somehow... how exactly does that work anyway? Well, nevermind. The answer's probably really stupid.
    Anyway, it's like that but it's only got Mountain Dwah in it.
  • edited July 2008
    i just created another theory about the bottle. it actually is a completely regular...okay, maybe not regular, since it's one of the bigger sizes, like a half gallon? i'm not good with non-metric stuff...anyways, it's a normal bottle of mountain dew, nothing magic about it, neither to the bottle itself, nor to it's content. the fact that makes the supply of mountain dew endless is just homestar. he just buys a bottle, probably from bubs, and starts pouring the stuff over electronics he finds appropriate. he is however completely ignoring the fact, that there is only a limited amount of liquid in the bottle, so he just keeps pouring. his "stupidity" - maybe stupidity is not quite right, reality-defyingness or something - is just so imense that the laws of physics are simply not strong enough to conquer it. you know the saying "this is so stupid, it has to work"...aaaand that's how it works.
  • edited July 2008

Yeah, but would you rather people discuss this or make hundreds of "When is it coming out?!?!" threads?
  • edited August 2008

That's not very scientific at all... ;)
    i just created another theory about the bottle. it actually is a completely regular...okay, maybe not regular, since it's one of the bigger sizes, like a half gallon? i'm not good with non-metric stuff...

Homestar was holding a 2 liter bottle of Dew. The only time we go metric in the US is with our bottles of soda... I don't know why. It's kind of weird if you ask me. It's even more puzzling then the bottomless bottle itself...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.