Stop Lawrence..(Spoilers)

edited October 2013 in The Wolf Among Us

How would you stop him from killing himself? pick the prince before the frog???

Comments

• In order to keep him alive you have to go to his place first.He will first appear to be dead but it won't be the case.

• Also, be careful what you say and do. Certain dialogue options may drive him off the deep end again.

• Damnit, I wish I went to Lawrence's place first instead. Is there any drawback to the Toad situation if you go to Lawrence's first?

• edited October 2013

Toad assumes that Bigby cares more about other people than him, but otherwise... I don't think so.

Well, aside from the fact that Toad gets beaten up. Obviously. :)

• Ah. Well I am sure Lawrence's death is gonna come back to bite me in the butt in future. But then again, Toad might take my side in an argument or fight. This is what I love about Telltale. Choice and consequence. Great stuff. :)

Toad assumes that Bigby cares more about other people than him, but otherwise... I don't think so. Well, aside from the fact that Toad gets beaten up. Obviously.

• You need to half lie to him about Faith gone missing, and probably also go to Lawrence before Toad. :) If you tell him she died he will shoot himself.

• Im sure that I told him she died and he lived in mine.

BBRElite posted: »

You need to half lie to him about Faith gone missing, and probably also go to Lawrence before Toad. If you tell him she died he will shoot himself.

• edited October 2013

have you jumped out of the closet on the fat guy? havent tried that yet. but when you tell him the truth and decide to do nothing while youre in the closet after the fat guy came in, lawrence shoots himself in the head.

if you half-lie and do nothing, he threatens the fat guy with the gun

KCohere posted: »

Im sure that I told him she died and he lived in mine.

• Yeah, I jumped out.

Cyphox posted: »

have you jumped out of the closet on the fat guy? havent tried that yet. but when you tell him the truth and decide to do nothing while youre

• In order to keep Prince Lawrence from dying or killing himself you must choose to go to his apartment first.
    There is nothing you can do for him by going there second. (I've tried)

One method is to tell him a half truth about Faith, he will believe you and instead of shooting himself he will instead point the gun at Dee.
    You can then jump out of the closet to chase down Dee and Lawrence will be unharmed.
    It does not matter when you choose to jump out of the closet, telling the half truth will not push him over the edge!

Second method is you can tell him the truth about Faith, he will be upset, but if you jump out of the closet before he has the chance to shoot himself he will not pull the trigger!
    Not even after you leave the scene.
    It is VERY important you jump out before he pulls the trigger!

Both these options have been tested and confirmed Lawrence will live to appear in the following episode!
    It does not matter what else you do at the scene as long as you do either of the above options.

I hope this helps you and anyone else who is wanting to keep Lawrence alive to see what he will bring to the table in Episode 2.

1. Go to Lawrence's place first
    2. Jump out of the closet before he shoots himself
    3. ???
    4. Profit
    1. Go to Lawrence's place first
    2. Jump out of the closet before he shoots himself
    3. ???
    4. Profit
  • I have tried to go to him first in my second play through of the game. but when I entered his house I found out HE WAS ALREADY DEAD you don't take anything out of him unless you inspect his house, so how do I stop that from happening?

• He is not really dead, When Bigby and Snow approach him he comes to but expires later on. Is that what you mean?

I have tried to go to him first in my second play through of the game. but when I entered his house I found out HE WAS ALREADY DEAD you don't take anything out of him unless you inspect his house, so how do I stop that from happening?

• Lawrence will always look like he is dead when you visit his apartment (regardless of first or second choice)
    Not much can be done to find him before he put himself in the state he is in.

All you can do is initiate the cutscene that shows he is alive and prevent him killing himself afterwards.

I have tried to go to him first in my second play through of the game. but when I entered his house I found out HE WAS ALREADY DEAD you don't take anything out of him unless you inspect his house, so how do I stop that from happening?

• Lawrence will always look like he is dead when you visit his apartment (regardless of first or second choice)
    Not much can be done to find him before he put himself in the state he is in.

All you can do is initiate the cutscene that shows he is alive and prevent him killing himself afterwards.

• No he is completely DEAD. There is no sign that shows that he is alive and Snow informs me that he is dead as well.

He is not really dead, When Bigby and Snow approach him he comes to but expires later on. Is that what you mean?

• Just play on, have you already left Lawrence's place? If so, then not having seen him alive would be a pretty major bug. So I don't think you played that scene to the end yet.

No he is completely DEAD. There is no sign that shows that he is alive and Snow informs me that he is dead as well.

• edited October 2013

Why don't you try actually completing the scene? He isn't dead.

Fables don't die that easily. Though he can die later on if you don't act fast enough.

No he is completely DEAD. There is no sign that shows that he is alive and Snow informs me that he is dead as well.

• Yeah, you have to finish the scene. They both think he's dead and then he blinks and asks for water. I played both choices, Toad and Lawrence and he is always alive for a least a few seconds.

• Did Lawrence actually shoot himself though. When I first examined the gun Bigby said it hadn't been fired in a while maybe a week.

• I think thats supposed to indicate how hard Fables are to kill. He shot himself a week ago and still was not dead.

• still that would mean Dee had been in the closet for a week not doing anything because he says he was there when he shot himself.

I think thats supposed to indicate how hard Fables are to kill. He shot himself a week ago and still was not dead.

• edited October 2013

I think this is a little slip-up by TTG. The dialog makes total sense if you got to Lawrence first. The gun hasn't been shot in a week or so. And then Lawrence shoots himself AFTER that (if he does). If you got to Toad first, Bigbys line regarding the weapon stays the same, although Lawrence seemingly shot himself again with that very gun.

I find it very plausible that the scenario Dee describes is accurate, because we see that's how Lawrence does react if you tell him about Faith (shooting himself in the head). I honestly think it's an error. Either a misplaced or not-recorded different line for Bigby when finding the gun in the second scenario.

still that would mean Dee had been in the closet for a week not doing anything because he says he was there when he shot himself.

• That makes me relieved that i arrested the woodsman then.

Made posted: »

I think this is a little slip-up by TTG. The dialog makes total sense if you got to Lawrence first. The gun hasn't been shot in a week or so.

• I actually haven't finished because after Snow tells me he is dead I just quit because I felt like I made the wrong choice.

Just play on, have you already left Lawrence's place? If so, then not having seen him alive would be a pretty major bug. So I don't think you played that scene to the end yet.

• I actually haven't finished because after Snow tells me he is dead I just quit because I felt like I made the wrong choice.

Why don't you try actually completing the scene? He isn't dead. Fables don't die that easily. Though he can die later on if you don't act fast enough.

Yeah, you have to finish the scene. They both think he's dead and then he blinks and asks for water. I played both choices, Toad and Lawrence and he is always alive for a least a few seconds.

• edited October 2013

edit: crap, i mixed up something

I think this is a little slip-up by TTG. The dialog makes total sense if you got to Lawrence first. The gun hasn't been shot in a week or so.

• edited October 2013

lawrence was shot in the chest in both scenarios. so in both scenarios he was shot by someone and the scene was staged by putting that gun there if you ask me

in the scenario where he might survive he's just lying to bigby cause he's scared i guess.

and dee had not been one week in the closet, wtf, he's using the door when entering the room

edit: and i also wonder about the bed and the letter, guess he tried to kill himself / get killed in bed with the knife (thats why there are bloodstains at one corner, but that didnt work.

were both scenes staged? someone wanted it to look like a suicide.

• edited October 2013

Lawrence admits (although saying his memory is hazy) that he shot himself in the chest. That is the shot from a week ago, that Bigby can smell.

Seemingly in both scenarios (if told about Faith) he shoots himself in the head. So in one scenario Bigby's statement is correct and the shot in Lawrences head comes after that statement. In the second scenario that shot in the head (which for now is plausible in my opinion) already happened when Bigby and Snow arrive. And still Bigby says the gun hasn't been fired recently. That's the point I think is a slip-up.

That doesn't mean that the first shot is really carried out by L himself, as his memory ist hazy. Maybe someone fiddles around with memories? But the fact ist, that this gun was fired a while ago. And in one scenario it gets fired again just minutes/hours before Bigby arrives and Bigby states the same about the gun.

Unless Dee really killes him with a different gun and makes up exactly the right way for L to kill himself, as witnessed in the other scenario. I do believe Dee on that part (for now) because it's a plausible story, that L shot himself.

edit: Dee being in the closet for a week is obviously ridiculous. It's just a question whether he's telling the truth about how L died or not.

lawrence was shot in the chest in both scenarios. so in both scenarios he was shot by someone and the scene was staged by putting that gun the

• There is always a good chance Dee is lying about having seen Lawrence shoot himself. It's likely when he entered the apartment (while you're hiding in the closet) he saw Lawrence was dead already and is just claiming he saw him do it.
    It doesn't make much sense to show up a week prior then again later, seeing as you could have found what you were after already.

If you went there second it makes more sense as he could have caused Lawrence to shoot himself a second time and he would have been there to witness it. (Similar to how showing up there first can cause him to shoot himself if you tell him)

Also keep in mind most lines of dialogue stay the same during both investigations so continuity issues are pretty much everywhere.
    It might change between Dee lying or telling the truth in future which may clear things up but for now it may just be an oversight.

still that would mean Dee had been in the closet for a week not doing anything because he says he was there when he shot himself.

• I'm pretty sure Dee is lying. As for how he got blood himself (if you go to Toad befor Lawrence), Lawrence probably fell onto him. Remember, when you visit Lawrence, he regains consciousness and falls out of his chair. Bigby and Snow White got of the way just in time, but Dee is a short and stocky dude, who might have been in the wrong position.

That's why Dee said he saw Lawrence shoot himself in front of him - he's correct that Lawrence did shoot himself, but Dee likely doesn't know when Lawrence did, so he said he saw he shoot himself.

In all likely hood, Lawrence shot himself weeks ago, and Dee stumbled upon what he thought was a dead body, and then Lawrence accidentally gets on him, thus, the blood.

Shadow_Pup posted: »

There is always a good chance Dee is lying about having seen Lawrence shoot himself. It's likely when he entered the apartment (while you're h

• Lets just all agree nothing is true everything is permitted :)

• The reason I said Dee was in the closet for a week was because i went to toad first, so from Bigby's statement of the gun not being shot for a week and Dee saying he shot himself in front of him I deduced that either it was a problem in the game or Dee had been in there a week it since the people who chose Lawrence first said he was in a state to shoot himself. Me being the naive moron I am didn't take into account a hired thugs ability to lie.

lawrence was shot in the chest in both scenarios. so in both scenarios he was shot by someone and the scene was staged by putting that gun the

• okay, this one-week-thing makes total sense now to me. but the sentence "gun was shot one week ago blabla" still is not a bug.

BECAUSE:

-> lawrence has a gunshot-wound in both scenarios coming from his suicide-attempt using this very special gun you find on the floor. look at his chest. gunshot. period.

i think dee killed (or wanted to kill) lawrence

-> when you go to lawrence first -> dee appears -> lawrence shoots himself OR threatens dee.

if you go to toad first:

-> dee has all the time in the world to sneak around in L's appartment. and shoot him. with his own gun.

Lawrence admits (although saying his memory is hazy) that he shot himself in the chest. That is the shot from a week ago, that Bigby can smell

• edited October 2013

-> lawrence has a gunshot-wound in both scenarios coming from his suicide-attempt using this very special gun you find on the floor. look at his chest. gunshot. period.

No argument there. There was a shot a week ago from that very gun. And it's the one that hit his chest. By suicide or staged suicide, who knows. But yeah a gun shot from that very weapon to the chest.

-> when you go to lawrence first -> dee appears -> lawrence shoots himself OR threatens dee.

if you go to toad first:

-> dee has all the time in the world to sneak around in L's appartment. and shoot him. with his own gun.

That is totally possible. But my judgment by seeing how the scenario plays out, when you tell him Faith is dead (L shooting himself given the time) and the statement by Dee that says exactly the same, tells me that this is very plausible. I tend to believe Dee on that particular point (although he clearly knows more, that's why i chose him for interrogation at the end)

There are two possibilities regarding the "this gun hasn't been shot in a week"-statement in the going-to-Lawrence-later-scenario. Either it really wasn't shot, and the shot in the head came from a different gun (Dee's?). Or it's a little slip-up. We'll see in the future.

okay, this one-week-thing makes total sense now to me. but the sentence "gun was shot one week ago blabla" still is not a bug. BECAUSE:

• I don't believe Dee. If you lie to Lawrence he fires at Dee, if you tell the half-truth he also fires at Dee. If you jump out at Dee when Lawrence points the gun at himself he feels relieved when you jump out. Dee also threatens to kill Toad's son. If he threatens with a gun than obviously Dee is a liar.

-> lawrence has a gunshot-wound in both scenarios coming from his suicide-attempt using this very special gun you find on the floor. look a

• edited October 2013

If he threatens with a gun than obviously Dee is a liar.

That doesn't make sense, because someone threathens someone, a particular thing he says must be a lie? No. A person can threaten in one situation and lie in another. He can also threaten and tell the truth in the other situation. Threatening Toad and family is a total different thing than to mess with Bigby. Small frog persons vs. Big Bad Wolf.

And also it's Dum who threatens Toad and his son.

I'm not saying he is definitely saying the truth regarding Lawrence, but for now I believe him in that point. He says specifically that he told Lawrence that Faith is dead, in which scenario he does actually shoot himself (given the time and not jumping out soon enough).

One point I give you is that he does look sort of relieved when you jump out. So his will to commit suicide in that minute might not be THAT great.

LukaszB posted: »

I don't believe Dee. If you lie to Lawrence he fires at Dee, if you tell the half-truth he also fires at Dee. If you jump out at Dee when Lawr

• Dum is the driver of the two. We don't see the back of Toad's apartment where the escape from the apartment was. Dee would threaten Toad's son. If a gun was used to threaten Toad's son than it's a fact that Dee lied because the only gun at Lawrence's apartment was fired a week ago.

If he threatens with a gun than obviously Dee is a liar. That doesn't make sense, because someone threathens someone, a particular thi

Sign in to comment in this discussion.