First details on The Walking Dead: Season Two (and it's available for pre-order)!

puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni

The Walking Dead: Season Two - A Telltale Games Series

SO EXCITED that we finally get to talk about this! If you're a fan of The Walking Dead, take a deep breath, and get ready for the VERY FIRST details on The Walking Dead: Season Two... screenshots, trailer, and pre-orders, oh my!

Screenshot 1 - Clementine campfire

We can confirm today that The Walking Dead: Season Two – A Telltale Games Series continues Clementine’s story. Not only that, you'll actually PLAY as Clem, struggling to outwit both the dead and the living in situations that will test your morals and shape the flow of the story through your decisions and actions. Assuming the role of an orphaned young girl left to her own devices in the undead apocalypse, this is a season that will challenge your expectations of how to find safety and survive in a world where no one can be trusted.

Check out the reveal trailer for a sneak peek at the situation in Season Two...

As fans familiar with our episodic model might anticipate, The Walking Dead: Season Two – A Telltale Games Series will consist of five episodes that will be released for digital download over the course of the season, expected to premiere later this year and conclude in 2014.

Screenshot 2 - Clementine shed

The season is available for PC/Mac pre-order RIGHT NOW through the Telltale online store and Steam, and as a pre-order bonus, you'll save 10% off the usual season pass price. We're also bringing the season to home consoles and iOS, with additional platforms to be announced.

Screenshot 3 - Clementine photo

That's not enough news on The Walking Dead for you? We have more! This November, we're releasing a special Game of the Year edition of Season One for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC. The Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series – Game of the Year Edition will include all five episodes in the season, the 400 Days DLC, and access to the series' original score and exclusive behind the scenes video. It's currently available for pre-order at retailers across North America for $29.99 USD or equivalent.

Screenshot 4 - Walker struggle

Not long now 'til we begin another season of tough choices and life-or-death decisions… stay tuned for more details coming very soon, including a more formal release date for the season premiere. We can't wait to share the journey with you, our fellow survivors!

Comments

• edited October 2013

She has Lee`s photo! I just can't wait to play this game!

• I am truly in love with the trailer. It doesn't reveal too much, the art style takes my breath away and the music in the background is really touching and atmospheric - thank you, Telltale Games!

• I liked seeing the old places of S1 and how they're doing now. The St.Johns are not present.. Hmmm... The bandits most likely died or wandered off somewhere. So hyped.

• My heartstrings snapped when I realized she had the photo of Lee from the pharmacy :(

• Please start releasing your new and legacy games on android devices. I would definitely triple dip on S1 if I could play it on my nexus 7 and would double dip steam and android for s2...

• Always count on the guys and gals at TellTale to bring it up a notch! Just wonder how the release schedule for this season will pan out with that of Fables?

• Can't wait :)

• Alt text IS that the guy of 400 Days episode?

• That picture punched me in the feels. I can't wait for this.

She has Lee`s photo! I just can't wait to play this game!

• Nice reveal. I was hoping for a release month included in the news.

• Ready to buy it on day one. Would love to see details on how save files work from previous games.

• puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni

We plan to have the seasons running concurrently. Busy times for us folks at Telltale! :)

NoLeader posted: »

Always count on the guys and gals at TellTale to bring it up a notch! Just wonder how the release schedule for this season will pan out with that of Fables?

• Is the pre-order from Telltale Store only available to USA residents? If not, how much will the shipping cost?

• You mean mothertrucker Nate?

I hope it's not for Clementine's sake. If it is him though, it will be an interesting episode.

Janickje posted: »

IS that the guy of 400 Days episode?

• Wow those screenshots look amazing!

Pre-ordering from the Telltale store will get you digital downloads for each episode as they release. At the end of the season, you'll be able to order a special DVD compiling all 5 episodes for just the cost of shipping & handling. The DVD is available to anyone (not just USA residents), and the shipping cost will depend on your location.

LordKisuke posted: »

Is the pre-order from Telltale Store only available to USA residents? If not, how much will the shipping cost?

• Episode 1: All That Remains.

• So if i buy the game from Telltale Store will i be able to activate in on an European Steam account? And will i pay in dollars?

puzzlebox posted: »

Pre-ordering from the Telltale store will get you digital downloads for each episode as they release. At the end of the season, you'll be able

• Based on my expierences: dollar price, but you won't necessarily get a steam code. You can download the game from their own website. However, they gave away steam codes for preoderers the last times, but don't count on it. It's not part of your purchase at telltales own store.

So if i buy the game from Telltale Store will i be able to activate in on an European Steam account? And will i pay in dollars?

The Telltale store has its own download system (it won't give you a Steam key), and yes, you'll pay in US dollars (your bank actually does the currency conversion).

So if i buy the game from Telltale Store will i be able to activate in on an European Steam account? And will i pay in dollars?

• I just put in my pre-order. This is going to be an exciting ride. :P

Episode 1: All That Remains.

• ah hah i knew it remember when the where doing TWAU well i was on you tube researching about and they said TWAU will be coming very soon (already out though). AND TELLTALE SAID MORE INFO ABOUT THE RELEASE DATE COMING VERY SOON WHOO HOO

• You guys are doing a wonderful job, keep it up!

• FreddeN93FreddeN93 Banned
    edited October 2013

I'm glad I pre-ordered the Season Pass on Steam at the first nanosecond it got live. I love the feeling of seeing it waiting in my library.

The only problem is I can't wait! We really need a release date very, very, very soon, I want to start an official countdown. :)

• I have a suspicion Telltale will set Nate up as the "anti-Lee" for S2, and become either an ally or an adversary to Clem for at least two episodes.

Michael7123 posted: »

You mean mothertrucker Nate? I hope it's not for Clementine's sake. If it is him though, it will be an interesting episode.

• edited October 2013

when does season 2 of The Walking Dead will be available on PS3?

• One thing that remains a mystery to me is why Telltale Games makes use of the words Soon and Very Soon when they don't stick to what the words actually mean in reality. When someone says Soon, the day count is normally two to three days. If someone says Very Soon, it is only one to two days. Why can't you use the truth and say, for example, "Formal release date in a few days, a few weeks, a few months, or a year"? I mean absolutely no offense to anyone by saying so, but this is something definitely worth criticize because mostly it's a lie when it comes to Telltale saying something will come Soon. We usually end up waiting for weeks to months instead of what Soon really means.

• cant wait to play it!

• Puzzlebox, I know this seems like a pretty obvious question, but we've got to know for sure: Is Melissa Hutchison returning to voice Clementine?

How could it possibly be anyone else? ;)

Puzzlebox, I know this seems like a pretty obvious question, but we've got to know for sure: Is Melissa Hutchison returning to voice Clementine?

• Gaaah! CAN'T...WAIT... must... control.. myself!
    I truly love this game!

• I think 400 days was a way to introduce all the new characters that will appear in season two.

• No shit, Sherlock.

I think 400 days was a way to introduce all the new characters that will appear in season two.

• Can anyone answer this?

I watched the official trailer on YouTube and saw in the blurb that this will take place "some months" after season one. In the comment section, I queried this and asked if we would get any resolution as to who Clementine saw on the hill at the end. A YouTube user told me that a screenshot had been released which showed that the people on the hill were walkers. Is this true? I can't find such a screenshot anywhere.

Hope you can help.

Paul

• FreddeN93FreddeN93 Banned
    edited November 2013

I don't believe such Screenshot have been released. All Screenshots we have at the moment are those found here.

Can anyone answer this? I watched the official trailer on YouTube and saw in the blurb that this will take place "some months" after season

• Fuck you, you act like you know exactly whats going to happen. Now if I end up being wrong, then you'll be the dumbass.

That_1_Guy posted: »

No shit, Sherlock.

• Apparently no one has taught you how to speak in a respectful manner to each other. The problem is, it's required here.

Fuck you, you act like you know exactly whats going to happen. Now if I end up being wrong, then you'll be the dumbass.

• Such a screenshot indeed does not exist. The identity of the people on the hill still wasn't revealed yet.

Can anyone answer this? I watched the official trailer on YouTube and saw in the blurb that this will take place "some months" after season

• Dying over here...come on Telltale...

• I'm sorry for offending you, it was meant to be a joke, as it is kinda already confirmed that those characters will be in season 2. Again, I am sorry.

Vainamoinen posted: »

Apparently no one has taught you how to speak in a respectful manner to each other. The problem is, it's required here.

This discussion has been closed.