Sbcg4ap Boxart! [fanart]

Hello Everyone! This is my first time posting in the Tell Tale forums! I just wanted to show you all a mock up box art I made for SBCG4AP if it was ever released in a disc season like Sam & Max. I know this is general disscusion but it was the only thread here so I put it here. It's at the link below so tell me what you think? :)

SBCG4AP box art mock up

EDIT- Ok TellTale team. I removed the old boxart and fixed it so it now features your logo in the corner and Videlectrix's logo in the top!

Comments

• edited May 2008
    Wow. That's the best Photo-shopped image I've ever seen! Sweet job!
  • MarkDarinMarkDarin Former Telltale Staff
    edited May 2008
    Pretty sweet!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2008
    Haha awesome!

You might want to take the Adventure Company logo off of there, though, since they have nothing do with this project, and I don't want people see this on Google Images and be confused or something. It's a Telltale Games production.
  • edited May 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    Haha awesome!

You might want to take the Adventure Company logo off of there, though, since they have nothing do with this project, and I don't want people see this on Google Images and be confused or something. It's a Telltale Games production.

Well, I just have that there because thats who published the Sam & Max Season 1 game. But I'll try to take it off! :D
  • edited May 2008
    I think Strong Bad should be the main focus on the cover instead of Homestar.
  • edited May 2008
    Awesome cover!! Though I doubt it would be rated Teen.
  • edited May 2008
    Rated T for mild language, violence, and awesomeness.
  • edited May 2008
    You have to admitt, that looks pretty awesome. If I was in GameStop just looking at that cover for a Homestar game, I'd buy it without knowing anything about it.
  • edited May 2008
    Nunchuk...?
  • edited May 2008
    Juhsayngul wrote: »
    Nunchuk...?

None, Chuck.
  • edited May 2008
    That is awsome!
  • edited May 2008
    Nunchuk...?
    didnt they say they wouldnt give strong bad a nunchuck?
    still, this is nice! but shouldnt it say "homestar ruiner" somewhere?
    still, more work than i would have doe ;)
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2008
    TechNick wrote: »
    Well, I just have that there because thats who published the Sam & Max Season 1 game. But I'll try to take it off! :D

Yeah, please do.

Also technically speaking, it's not Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People Season One. Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People is the equivalent of Sam & Max Season One (i.e. a title that spans the full season). Does that make sense? :confused:

Anyway, nice work!
  • edited May 2008
    ohh, so the second season, should there be one made, will be called something like "strong bad's other game for something else"?....or sbog4se?

also: nice cover thingy...you should check out laserschwert's stuff, he's doing the covery business all the time.
  • edited May 2008
    So basically Episode One instead of Season one, but sweet looking boxart!
  • edited May 2008
    Wow! Thanks for all of the compliments you guys! I wasn't expecting that! :)
  • SegSeg
    edited May 2008
    A few more notes about this box art in the same vain of stopping bad information from floating around.

SBCG4AP is NOT a "Pay and Play" game. "Pay and Play" is denotes a game that has DLC content and/or online multiplayer with additional costs. When you buy an episode of SBCG4AP, you get all the content for the epsidoe without paying extra.

The numchuck is not used in SBCG4AP.

Technically we don't have the official ESRB rating, so it would be the RP logo at the moment. Also, the ESRB French & English versions would be used.

The RVL P RRBE game code is for Rayman Raving Rabbids, but since we won't have a season-wide code you might as well just put RVL P R00E.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2008
    Geez, at this rate we are going to keep asking him to tweak the box until he makes the final version for us! Free labor FTW?
  • edited May 2008
    Will wrote: »
    Geez, at this rate we are going to keep asking him to tweak the box until he makes the final version for us! Free labor FTW?

That would be pretty cool to see it appear as the real boxart in the stores if a season ever does come out! :D
  • edited May 2008
    Well keep up the good work, I know I won't ever get around to doing anything but stalk these boards and the Nintendo Channel.
  • edited May 2008
    heyy... nice one! i like the T for awesomeness.
  • edited May 2008
    Well. In light on Seg's request. I have made yet another adjustment to my boxart! I present to you the politically correct version of it--- Seg's Fixed Version?

I added the RP logo, took away the nunchuck, took out the Pay and Play logo, and added a spine to the side!
  • edited May 2008
    Haha... I love the Videlectrix logo on the cover in this version :)
  • edited May 2008
    Yeah, the RP makes more sense. The Teen rating was weird, I was like, "Mild language? No one told me heck was a bad word."

Nice box art. :thumbs up:
  • edited May 2008
    leon101 wrote: »
    Yeah, the RP makes more sense. The Teen rating was weird, I was like, "Mild language? No one told me heck was a bad word."

Nice box art. :thumbs up:

Well I had the Mild Language there because in most Strong Bad cartoons he says things like "Hell" and "Freaking" and "Crap". And I figured the ESRB would consider that a form of Mild Language. But I digress...

Oh! And thanks for the compliment! :D
  • edited May 2008
    It's much better. Congratulations.
  • SegSeg
    edited May 2008
    Thanks TechNick! Wasn't trying to be picky, but I don't want people to get the incorrect impression on things. I like the ESRB content descriptor!
  • edited May 2008
    It seems I said "It's not much better" when what I meant to say was that it WAS much better. I'm sorry!
  • edited May 2008
    I think that is some of the nicest cut and pasting I've ever seen, and some of the most conscientious comments I've ever seen as well. I'm new to the forum, so I don't know if the telltale crew (telltalers? telltaletellers? tters?) is always this responsive to the threads, but it's so cute how everybody has something different to add, kind of like when you try to hang pictures in a new apartment. (No, a little higher. And to the left.) But I think the game will definitely receive a rating of UA for Unbelievably Awesome. I mean, come on. Look at those graphics!
  • edited May 2008
    One other suggestion (because it's been bugging me): Can you do something about the white border around the Telltale logo?
  • edited May 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    One other suggestion (because it's been bugging me): Can you do something about the white border around the Telltale logo?

Well I have that there because A: It's in the shape of a T for the Tell Tale. And B: The magic wand tool doesn't work on the logo. It's a coloring thing.
  • edited May 2008
    Do you really think rated T,maybe for violence and comic mischeif
    but for language....hmmmm, I don't know...
  • edited May 2008
    that's really cool! but does this game really have dolby pro logic II? that would be awsome if it does.
  • edited May 2008
    Since it's a fan cover I'd say none of the specs are official.
  • edited June 2008
    If you are still making the cover, they revealed that ESRB rated it T.
  • edited June 2008
    I'm not attempting to steal your thunder, but I had a shot of my own. I started with the back first, so as you can see the front cover is quite poorly done and sloppy!
  • edited June 2008
    Very nice! The back cover anyway...
  • edited June 2008
    pretty good technick. but for your new version, i find there is too much space where it shows the wiimote. and where it shows the tell tale logo, it shows the white around it and it looks kinda like 3 squeres more then it does circles. but other then that, i would probably buy it. it kinda makes me want to make something like it. and one question, did you purposely spell some words wrong? good job!
  • edited June 2008
    TechNick wrote: »

I'm really amused by the idea of a retail package featuring that facial expression.
  • edited June 2008
    LOL, yeah it is a bit off putting...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.