Making decision time longer

edited October 2013 in The Wolf Among Us

For me the game is extremely enjoyable and full of excitement. It is only in parts where the time in decision on what you are about to say is short, that I feel I have made a wrong decision after answering in hurry.

I am not the fastest reader out there, especially when put in a critical situation.
I know they want to put you under pressure and have a realistic answer time, but is it fair for us players who can not even read all the options in time.

I wish there was an option in the settings to adjust like double the answer time or something to give a chance for slower readers to enjoy our decisions more.

I hope Telltale games considers this with great thought, even if it would damage the gameplay in its original feeling. (This is why I suggest an option in the setting to change it, not to change it for everyone)

Comments

• This is just training for job interviews. If you click the wrong dialog in your head while against an employer you will eventually [Glass him].

• Hahah! Oh my god, that was the funniest thing I've read in a while! Imagine the situation. xD
    Thank you Van_Klaue.

Van_Klaue posted: »

This is just training for job interviews. If you click the wrong dialog in your head while against an employer you will eventually [Glass him].

• "I'm so sorry! I thought I was going to give you a glass of water!"

Van_Klaue posted: »

This is just training for job interviews. If you click the wrong dialog in your head while against an employer you will eventually [Glass him].

• I don't think there are any wrong choices. I too am a slower reader, but I feel this system is very fair since it gives every one an equal amount of time to answer.

• no need for that, just hit spacebar and the game will pause. i wish they had this feature in walking dead....

kinda makes the time limit dispensable, but of course, you dont HAVE to use pause

• Hey thanks for that tip on the spacebar, Cyphox. I was unaware of that.

Cyphox posted: »

no need for that, just hit spacebar and the game will pause. i wish they had this feature in walking dead.... kinda makes the time limit dispensable, but of course, you dont HAVE to use pause

• Really ? I play it on Xbox, I'll have to check if we have the possibility to pause too... start makes us go back to the main menu, but now that I think of it, I don't remember ever hitting the select button during the game.

Cyphox posted: »

no need for that, just hit spacebar and the game will pause. i wish they had this feature in walking dead.... kinda makes the time limit dispensable, but of course, you dont HAVE to use pause

• What I noticed is that usually Top-right is the most reasonable choice , while top-left or bottom-right are usually mean choices.

• It switches around for Toad but when talking to someone you aren't friendly with there are more choices that are good rather than bad. Silence is good with Colin most of the time.

Virgil I tried every button on my controller didn't pause. I wish I could in Toad's apartment.

• I hope they get rid of this.

HeartLocker posted: »

What I noticed is that usually Top-right is the most reasonable choice , while top-left or bottom-right are usually mean choices.

• edited October 2013

i not sure whether it is actually faster than the walking dead or whether it is just because the types of things bigby has to say are more thoughtful and less reactionary, but i would like a little more time to read through some of the responses in future episodes, plus the timer bar could do with being a little brighter or a different colour because it isn't as easy to see while reading the text compared to TWD

• If you're on the Xbox, you should be able to just hit the middle button can't you?

Really ? I play it on Xbox, I'll have to check if we have the possibility to pause too... start makes us go back to the main menu, but now that I think of it, I don't remember ever hitting the select button during the game.

• It does not pause. Select pauses games but not this one.

HiroVoid posted: »

If you're on the Xbox, you should be able to just hit the middle button can't you?

• It's adding pressure to the moment! If you really can't read it all pause the game.

• No I've tried all the buttons but on Xbox there is
    no pause button

LukaszB posted: »

It does not pause. Select pauses games but not this one.

• For most games that are not by Telltale the back button pauses games. Wish there was though.

No I've tried all the buttons but on Xbox there is no pause button

• i think the reason for the short answer times is this way you pick the way you feel and not the way you think will better impact the story. You are forced to go with your instincts for better or worse.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.