Is there a way where Snow White doesn't...?

I really didn't want her to die is there a way where she doesn't die?

Comments

• Nope, I don't think so. I've tried everything T~T

• edited November 2013

That's a rather spoiler-ific thread title. I've changed it this time, but please refrain from doing things like that in the future. Thanks. Also, there's already a thread discussing this, but it's on Page 5 or something and the search feature for this place is nigh-on useless, so I'll let it slide.

EDIT: Found said thread! Good ol' Google .

As for your question... no. The fact that Snow White is beheaded is a critical story point and cannot be altered at all.

SPOILERS THOUGH!
    That said... SERIOUSLY, SPOILERS HERE! In the comics she's alive. DON'T READ THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS! And the game's a prequel to the comic. NOT KIDDING ABOUT THE SPOILERS! So she gets better somehow. SPOILERS ARE IN THIS PARAGRAPH!

Disclaimer: Moderators on this forum are volunteers from the community and are not employees of the company. Our posts merely

express our personal opinion and should not be mistaken for official company statements.

• The heads may be fake... Not the real people maybe

• I have a feeling she isn't dead. I know that was her head on the steps but idk I just have a feeling that she's still alive T~T I mean, she is a main in the comics, right?

• Yep, she's alive and well there.

• Fables are seemingly tough mofos. And the Fact that she's in the Comics may be leading to a Resurrection. I'd say near to the End. Cause you know.. Happy End.
    Also Bigby said the Head (of Faith at least) was strangely chopped of. Work of a spell? If so i think there's a undo for it.

And keep in mind that this plays two Decades before the Comics. Everything can happen.

• edited November 2013

I read the comics & can verify 100% that she isn't dead. Aside from the obvious fact that the game is a prequel & she is in the comics and is a major character, Mundy's sustain the immortal lifeforce of Fables, and the more popular the Fable is the more difficult they're to kill. However a decapitation would most certainly be a death-blow to even the most popular Fable, they still need to heal like any Mundy which can take a long time depending on the injury. For example one such fable in the comics is shot in the head with a high-powered rifle and they take months to recover and never fully do, suffering permanent side effects. This can mean that Faith isn't dead as well, and that it is some form of cloning magic perhaps, although I have not seen anything like that within the comics. The victims are no doubt abducted & held somewhere for this plan to work as they may need DNA & of course they cant have them walking around when they're staging their deaths. "My lips are sealed" that Faith utters in response to Bigby's question indicates a spell that is quite common among the series, used as a form of assured silence, others like it are used for bondage or to cause loss of memory on a certain subject. This again points to magic. The game is within the canon of the Fables series and will not deviate from that path so Snow is NOT dead!

• I read the comics & can verify 100% that she isn't dead. Aside from the obvious fact that the game is a prequel & she is in the comics and is a major character, Mundy's sustain the immortal lifeforce of Fables, and the more popular the Fable is the more difficult they're to kill. However a decapitation would most certainly be a death-blow to even the most popular Fable, they still need to heal like any Mundy which can take a long time depending on the injury. For example one such fable in the comics is shot in the head with a high-powered rifle and they take months to recover and never fully do, suffering permanent side effects. This can mean that Faith isn't dead as well, and that it is some form of cloning magic perhaps, although I have not seen anything like that within the comics. The victims are no doubt abducted & held somewhere for this plan to work as they may need DNA & of course they cant have them walking around when they're staging their deaths. "My lips are sealed" that Faith utters in response to Bigby's question indicates a spell that is quite common among the series, used as a form of assured silence, others like it are used for bondage or to cause loss of memory on a certain subject. This again points to magic. The game is within the canon of the Fables series and will not deviate from that path so Snow is NOT dead!

• The more well known fables are, the harder they are to kill.

• If you follow the comics then u should know that no matter how popular the Fable is they're not invincible, and a decap is a final destination.

That's a rather spoiler-ific thread title. I've changed it this time, but please refrain from doing things like that in the future. Thanks. Al

• Maybe that's why they put the head down on the steps carefully, to preserve it.

Fangster posted: »

Fables are seemingly tough mofos. And the Fact that she's in the Comics may be leading to a Resurrection. I'd say near to the End. Cause you k

• The heads are pumpkins from cinderella's fairy godmother.
    :)

• comic spoilers ahead

I've been reading the comics in the interim, and can confirm that Snow White SOMEHOW survives. Don't know how, but she does.

This -could- be due to the whole 'the more popular the fable, the more powerful they are', but Frau Totenkinder (who's an absolute BEAST and my personal favorite character) would heavily contest that opinion.

• Yaaaaa,,,, but their heads are off, no blood to brain no oxygen,they're not that tough, if u read the comics then u know who the person I am referring to in my post who gets shot, and theu almost died from that u don't think a decap would do it?

• Jus had a cloning explanation Fable style. If the Smalltown folk can grow girls from barley corn, why couldn't some witch grow a duplicate of a Fable to mutilate?

• Everyone snow OBVIOUSLY isn't dead. Why would there be consequences of what you say to her, if she just ends up dying soon after. You know, the caption on the top left of your screen that says "She appreciated that." Or "She will remember that." or whatever it may have been. Why would there be any point of trying to have a good relationship with her in EP 1 if she just dies? Same thing with Faith too. I'm not as sure that Faith isn't dead, but If you were a nice person and you DID give her your money, wouldn't that reflect your relationship with her LATER ON? Faith is still iffy, but Snow is definitely not dead.

• Are the girls being grown look alike?

Jus had a cloning explanation Fable style. If the Smalltown folk can grow girls from barley corn, why couldn't some witch grow a duplicate of a Fable to mutilate?

• No they don't look the same, but I find that some of the characters in the game resemble each other, but I think that's a telltale thing.

Vold posted: »

Are the girls being grown look alike?

• edited November 2013

Well, Snow will be alive somehow. Because she is alive in the comics.

But the "Snow will remember that" or "Snow appreciates that" doesn't mean a thing.

Don't know whether or not you played The Walking Dead, but there are several people who will "remember" stuff and then die minutes or even secons later.

Shawn will "remember" you bashed a poor girls head in and dies like 3 minutes after that. Doug will "remember" stuff you said to him outside the pharmacy and is (possibly) eaten minutes later. Carley will "remember" you defended her in front of Lilly and is shot seconds later. All these people (and more) are dying minutes or seconds after that pop in in the corner.

• With some of those people though, you have a choice whether to save them or not based on your decision, and had you chosen to have a positive or negative relationship with them while they were still alive, then yes it would've mattered. And seeing as it is impossible to "save" snow in the first episode, again, why would have a choice to have a good or bad relationship with her? So yep, that still says it all.

• edited November 2013

Why would defending Carley matter? She is shot seconds(!) later. Why does it still pop up?

I mean I know that Snow is alive or will come back to life. But the captions in the corner just don't guarantee anything. So the argument, that the relationship to Snow is important, you can choose how you interact with her, it states in the corner that she reacts to it somehow, therefore she can't be killed off immediately, doesn't work with TTG.

You had no chance to save Shawn and still he "remembered" what you said to him while sawing the wood. You have no chance in saving Doug/Carley in episode three and still Carley (don't actually know about Doug) remembers seconds before her death that you defended her (when you do so). Why would you have a choice about how to interact with Shawn if he's just to be killed off? Why would you have a choice to defend Carley? So no, that still doesn't say anthing.

staffevie posted: »

With some of those people though, you have a choice whether to save them or not based on your decision, and had you chosen to have a positive

• Those are different circumstances in a different game. In TWAU you barely know Snow or much about her character at all, and you don't even have a chance to see how any of the positive or negative responses you give her make her feel about you in the future, because well, we haven't even seen the future yet in coming episodes, so my logic is that it would be pretty stupid to put a seemingly important character in a game for a total of maybe 15 minutes only to have her abruptly permanently dead. So yep.. still does say something.. I'll slightly grant a small point to you about walking dead, but you at least got to see most of those characters to live long enough to interact with you relative to your POS or NEG responses to them.

Made posted: »

Why would defending Carley matter? She is shot seconds(!) later. Why does it still pop up? I mean I know that Snow is alive or will come ba

• There's also ANOTHER who was burned alive in an oven...nothing but ashes. And She still came back. So, just sayin.

Yaaaaa,,,, but their heads are off, no blood to brain no oxygen,they're not that tough, if u read the comics then u know who the person I am referring to in my post who gets shot, and theu almost died from that u don't think a decap would do it?

• I guess anything is possible in Fables, jus hope it aint a lame explanation

VariableEgo posted: »

There's also ANOTHER who was burned alive in an oven...nothing but ashes. And She still came back. So, just sayin.

• I want to see some little winter wolves from them. :)

• I guess what i'm saying is that even though the chars in walking dead died regardless of nice or bad things you've said to them, you still got to experience how they felt towards you reflecting on how you responded to them, so there WAS a point with adding the "she likes" or "he dislikes" because it still shows their attitude towards you. With Snow, we haven't seen that yet, and I don't think it's a valid conclusion to say telltale was just wasting their time in installing various responses for her. Why even have them at all if you don't get to see ANY consequences or good things from them, even a simple convo with Snow. So again this is strong evidence to me WITHOUT READING ANY COMICS that she is still alive.

Made posted: »

Why would defending Carley matter? She is shot seconds(!) later. Why does it still pop up? I mean I know that Snow is alive or will come ba

• Yes, Bigby said it maybe was something with magic attached to it, I really do feel like she's coming back

Fangster posted: »

Fables are seemingly tough mofos. And the Fact that she's in the Comics may be leading to a Resurrection. I'd say near to the End. Cause you k

• But Snow doesn't die in the comics does she? I'm only on volume 4 of the comics. Or is this game not following the comics? As I read the next title for episode 2 'Smoke & Mirrors' could be a way of telling us that those decapitated heads are not real? That Snow's death is a lie? If not then it's disappointing that one of the best characters of the series has been killed off so early. There has to be an answer.

• edited November 2013

The game is a prequel to the comics. But since you're already at volume 4, I'll speak this next part freely - Snow by all accounts SHOULD be dead - she was shot directly in the head - as in, bullet passed through skull and brain matter, then exited out the other side. She ended up recovering since she's a fable of high popularity (Of course, the popularity's importance may be moot - Frau Totenkinder is one of the most powerful fables in existence, despite her name NEVER being mentioned in any fable - it's always just 'the old witch in the woods').

That's why a lot of comic readers are wondering DIFFERENT things about the first episode. Not "Wow, snow is DEAD!? Who killed her!?" but instead "Okay, was she actually decapitated and just recovers? Was it an illusion put on by the adversary? Or is this an echo of the first volume, where someone's faking their deaths toward some goal?".

• She's probably not dead, since when you ask where Faith is to the Mirror, he tells you his lips are sealed, and that some high magic is at work. It's probably some very complicated shit we'll understand later, or so I hope.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.