Wii Drought?

edited August 2008 in General Chat
After browsing through several lists of Wii game release dates as of now, I have found that there aren't any titles that are of any interest to me until October of this year. With the onslaught of halfway thought out casual games that aren't worth $10, all I can do is hope that this years E3 will bring with it some summer release titles. Until then, I am glad that I at least have SBCG4AP to look forward to. What notable games do you think will be announced for release this summer for the Wii, if any?

EDIT: E3's over, Animal Crossing: City Folk, Shaun White Snowboarding, Wii Music main focus.

Recommended DS game: The World Ends With You.

Comments

• edited June 2008
    You're right, after Kart Wii, there aren't many games.

Well, there is at least Super Mario Sluggers and for me, Kirby Ultra Super Deluxe, and at E3, we might see one of these games:

Kirby Wii
    Kid Icarus Wii
    Animal Crossing Wii
    Those are the games I excpect to see, but we may see new entries in the F-Zero, Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario Party, or some new IP. I've noticed this as well, but at least we have Brawl!:)
  • edited June 2008
    300px-Zack_and_Wiki_Boxart.jpg
    This game is surprisingly really good. It's a point n click and also one of the really cheap Wii games since it didn't sell too well. The reason being is because it's too hard for kids and looks too kiddy for adults. If you like adventure games I'd definatly get this game. It's very well polished.

Warioware Smooth Moves is another must.
  • edited June 2008
    Kaotic_Blu wrote: »

Well, there is at least Super Mario Sluggers and for me, Kirby Ultra Super Deluxe, and at E3, we might see one of these games:

Kirby Wii
    Kid Icarus Wii
    Animal Crossing Wii
    Those are the games I excpect to see, but we may see new entries in the F-Zero, Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario Party, or some new IP. I've noticed this as well, but at least we have Brawl!:)

KID ICARUS!!?!If it's as good as the first, PS3 will say "I'm finished!"Or at least PSP...
  • edited June 2008
    Sony is making a good comeback, there's no way a single game could blow them out of it. I look forward to Kid Icarus, but I don't care at all about Super Mario Sluggers.

+ I like Zack & Wiki. But it's too short so that I get sad =(.

I'd love to see Starfox, but the series has been going downhill. If they take the WiiWare route and make some classic 64-like game, I would be thrilled.

This is one of the best years for game releases in Summer ever. Used to be you'd get 1 or 2 good ones. You just have to keep an eye out. AND there are still a bunch of games for Wii that are already out. I doubt you've beaten them all.
  • edited June 2008
    KID ICARUS!!?!If it's as good as the first, PS3 will say "I'm finished!"Or at least PSP...
    "Good" is not really a word I'd use to describe Kid Icarus. Memorable, yes. Challenging, hell yes. Unfair is another one. How about vindictive? The phrase "Too heavy" comes to mind, too. But I don't really think 'good' applies.
  • edited June 2008

Kirby Wii
    Kid Icarus Wii
    Animal Crossing Wii

It'd be cool to see a few of those announced; but for now all I can do is wait for the FFIV DS remake and SBCG4AP.
  • edited June 2008
    Edit: I forgot to mention the possibility of a Pikmin 3.

To Juhsayngul, unless you are referring to all game consoles (if you are, I apologize), the Wii has NO good games coming out this summer. The games I had in my list, were, as you all probably know, just speculation, as we have no idea what's going to be at E3. Even if those games are announced, the earliest I'd have them coming out would be Q1 2009, so there are no good games coming out for the Wii this summer in America.

On the Kid Icarus sequel, if it is made, it will most likely be completely different from the 8-bit classic. Also, at someguyfromazoo, the PSP is already being dominated by the DS, as the Wii has dominated its competitors ever since its release (except for one month, and that was only due to the release of Halo 3) so we have nothing to worry about there.

If you really need a good game, just buy one of Nintendo's amazing first-party games like Metroid Prime 3 or Twilight Princess, as they are much better than most of the third-party crud that the Wii has. Heck, Super Mario Galaxy is the 3rd best rated game of all time! Don't forget about the Virtual Console games as well

Edit 2: http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=186488
    ANIMAL CROSSING WII, KIRBY WII, KIRBY SUPERSTAR DS, POKEMON PLATINUM CONFIRMED TO BE AT E3!
  • edited June 2008
    Pikmin 3? I like this idea.
  • edited June 2008

Edit 2: http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=186488
    ANIMAL CROSSING WII, KIRBY WII, KIRBY SUPERSTAR DS, POKEMON PLATINUM CONFIRMED TO BE AT E3!

Thanks a bunch!:D Now I have something to look forward to (or at least look forward to reading in Nintendo Power!)
  • edited June 2008
    ALONE IN THE DARK!!! *jumps up and down* the only wii game i've actually been looking forward to. It's out the end of the month.
    But it is true, there aren't that many interesting titles being released as yet. I really hope that we don't get a situation where the market is so flooded with crap it's difficult to find the real gems. Still, there's always gamecube games to fall back on lol. I always meant to get a game cube, now I just need to find a controller and memory card instead.. hah, they seem to be like golddust atm.
  • edited June 2008
    Just to clarify, the list I linked to is not all the games that will be at E3, as like the list stated, "Nintendo has been the most successful of the three, but it has also been the most secrective," so you guys can still look forward to some surprise announcements by Nintendo *crosses fingers for Wii memory extension*

Also, like purple_monkfish said, you can also buy some of the great GCN games to pass the time. I recommend Sunshine, Wind Waker, and Metroid Prime to anyone who wants to buy dome great Gamecube games
  • edited June 2008
    ALONE IN THE DARK!!! *jumps up and down* the only wii game i've actually been looking forward to. It's out the end of the month.
    But it is true, there aren't that many interesting titles being released as yet. I really hope that we don't get a situation where the market is so flooded with crap it's difficult to find the real gems. Still, there's always gamecube games to fall back on lol. I always meant to get a game cube, now I just need to find a controller and memory card instead.. hah, they seem to be like golddust atm.

have you preordered the special edition? its out on friday the day of my last exam, can't play it on the friday though as i have my leavers ball
  • edited June 2008
    Just to clarify, the list I linked to is not all the games that will be at E3, as like the list stated, "Nintendo has been the most successful of the three, but it has also been the most secrective," so you guys can still look forward to some surprise announcements by Nintendo *crosses fingers for Wii memory extension*

Also, like purple_monkfish said, you can also buy some of the great GCN games to pass the time. I recommend Sunshine, Wind Waker, and Metroid Prime to anyone who wants to buy dome great Gamecube games

add skies of arcadia legends, beyond good and evil, f zero gx, and 1080 avalanche to that list
  • edited June 2008
    Pretty muich Summer is always a big drought for every game system. Not only because of the menatlity that people rather go out and do things/go on vacation than stay at home and play games, but also the fact they consider the holidays their big time of the yeanr and thus cram stuff there as much as they can.

And part of the reason we got the big surge of games during march and april is well, because for most companies that's the end and beginning of their fiscal years.
  • edited June 2008
    patters wrote: »
    add skies of arcadia legends, beyond good and evil, f zero gx, and 1080 avalanche to that list

MAKE ME!!! jk:D I just chose the VERY BEST IMO, not that I don't love those games (I do)

Well, at least we have Brawl to tide us over, right? (TO ALL EUROPEANS I PITY YOU)
  • edited June 2008
    MAKE ME!!! jk:D I just chose the VERY BEST IMO, not that I don't love those games (I do)

Well, at least we have Brawl to tide us over, right? (TO ALL EUROPEANS I PITY YOU)

haha i don't have a wii, but my 360 will keep me happy
  • edited June 2008
    To Juhsayngul, unless you are referring to all game consoles (if you are, I apologize), the Wii has NO good games coming out this summer. The games I had in my list, were, as you all probably know, just speculation, as we have no idea what's going to be at E3. Even if those games are announced, the earliest I'd have them coming out would be Q1 2009, so there are no good games coming out for the Wii this summer in America.
    I was talking about all consoles, and I agree with you about Wii having no more good games set to release yet this summer.

Except, of course, Sam & Max Season 1, but, you know...

And Harvest Moon could be okay....

And don't forget Rock Band, which comes the second day of Summer, or Guitar Hero Aerosmith a week later, and then the Rock Band track pack later in the Summer.

...We Love Golf might not be terrible.

Ooh! How about NCAA or Madden or all the other sports games coming?

Someone already said Alone in the Dark, but still.

...Although I actually was talking about all consoles...
  • edited June 2008

I almost nearly responded mentioning the Freeloader yesterday, but following today's developments (re: the Wii firmware update), glad I didn't.

I've got Brawl though and can't say I was too impressed. It's not a bad game, I'll give it that, but most of the new stages are terrible (New Pork City being prime offender) and I got bored of it within the week. I definitely liked Melée a lot more.
  • edited June 2008
    Badwolf wrote: »
    I almost nearly responded mentioning the Freeloader yesterday, but following today's developments (re: the Wii firmware update), glad I didn't.

I've got Brawl though and can't say I was too impressed. It's not a bad game, I'll give it that, but most of the new stages are terrible (New Pork City being prime offender) and I got bored of it within the week. I definitely liked Melée a lot more.

Yeah, it's odd. I really thought I'd love Brawl... and I did for a few weeks...
    But now it's become quite boring for me, it's a shame.:(
  • edited June 2008
    Well do you all have people in your house to play it with, because I agree that if you are the only one playing, it gets boring quickly, but if you have other people, it can still stay fun (for me, at least).
    What firmware update? I noticed no changes.
    Juhsayngul wrote: »
    I was talking about all consoles
    Then sorry for the misunderstanding.
  • edited June 2008
    ...We Love Golf might not be terrible.

I would think it would be quite good (barring any wiimote swinging probs) seeing as it's made by the same people who made the Mario Golf games. :)
  • edited June 2008
    What firmware update? I noticed no changes.

one went up yesterday that allos for easy transfer of miis from mii channel to check mii out. But it also incuded fixes for many hacks/get arounds like the new Freeloader and the Twilight Hack.
  • edited June 2008
    BadStrong wrote: »
    Yeah, it's odd. I really thought I'd love Brawl... and I did for a few weeks...
    But now it's become quite boring for me, it's a shame.:(
    Same here, dude! Can't play random people on the internet, and no Friend codes.:(
  • edited June 2008
    I guess I'm lucky to live with people that I can play Brawl with, as the online is laggy, and the single-player aspect is boring after a while, but like I said, if you have friends over or have siblings that enjoy playing, the game will stay entertaining for a long time, for me at least.

Also, http://wii.ign.com/articles/882/882256p1.html

YAY:D Nintendo seems to finally be realizing that the core gaming audience is just as, if not more, crucial to the Wii's sucess as the "casual" audience.
  • edited June 2008
    As for Brawl, no one in my family can play it... let alone watch it. They say it makes their eyes tired. I've tried countless times to try and play a lag free online Brawl, but it just won't happen; plus none of my friends go online. After unlocking pretty much everything, it's just plain boring now.
  • edited June 2008
    Jesus people, where do you get the extra income to buy games? With my current income and current bills to pay, I barely have enough to save in my 401k or savings account.
  • edited June 2008
    Savings account? What the hell is that? I have a huge pile of video games I don't need no stinking savings account. Kids these days and their fiscal responsibilities.
  • edited June 2008
    Income? What the hell is that? I just rob local convenience stores.

Here is a list you guys may want to look at:
    http://wii.ign.com/articles/882/882110p1.html
  • edited June 2008
    working in a games shop means I can borrow games for free :D
  • edited June 2008
    Sony is making a good comeback, there's no way a single game could blow them out of it.

I'd have to agree to that, my PS3 has gotten a healthy dose of useage since I gotten it during the 2007 holiday blitz for all consoles. But my Wii and 360 both get heavy gamer traffic on them as well and I'm really hoping for a Pikmin 3. I've been mostly been burning my time with multiplayer titles for the Wii like Ghost Squad and House of The Dead 2&3 Returns titles at the moment or Smash Bros, so I'm pretty busy right now trying to unlock the Panda camo for Ghost Squad...

I'd have to dig up my Wii code later, I'm the tired and sleepy.

Edit-

People get the chance to get these new games by hitting store deals and/or online discounts or rebates. Or in my case, I'll buy a pre-owned copy (used if you like to refer it that way) for console games but before I drop the final bones for the pre-owned disc I'll ask kindly to inspect the disc myself to make sure a rabbity like thing didn't choose to play a game of frisbe with the disc with its teeth. Pay attention to game shops at the moment, Gamestop is doing 50 percent off deals on select titles (some not so old like Condemend 2). Also pay attention to random local shop events with buy 2 get one free deal on preowned titles. This is how I pad up my game collection for consoles.

Xbox Live: That Confused 1
    PSN: ThatConfused1
    Wii Code: I'm too lazy of one (atm).
  • edited June 2008
    BadStrong wrote: »
    As for Brawl, no one in my family can play it... let alone watch it. They say it makes their eyes tired. I've tried countless times to try and play a lag free online Brawl, but it just won't happen; plus none of my friends go online. After unlocking pretty much everything, it's just plain boring now.

yeah that bugged me about brawl too. in melee, u had to do tons of stuff to get every single person, but in brawl, beat the SSE and there is only 3 more left. kinda boring.
  • edited June 2008
    Also, http://wii.ign.com/articles/882/882256p1.html

YAY:D Nintendo seems to finally be realizing that the core gaming audience is just as, if not more, crucial to the Wii's sucess as the "casual" audience.

That's good to know. I was starting to believe that Nintendo gaming had completely shifted to the casual audience after all of the non-core games.
  • edited June 2008
    These games are figured to be coming from Nintendo next:
    Animal Crossing Wii (MMO?)
    Pikmin 3 (Sweet)
    Kid Icarus (Hope so)
    Kirby (Meh, could be great, could suck) (Get it?)

Some series left untouched that Nintendo may look at:
    F-Zero (Blue Falcon is in Mario Kart Wii)
    A true Donkey Kong game (It's been a long time)
    Ice Climber (WiiWare?)
    1080 Snowboarding
    Wave Race
    Star Fox (Please!)
    Sin and Punishment (Oooooh)
  • edited June 2008
    Only thing not great about an Animal Crossing MMO for the Wii, is that it will probably host Wi-Fi Pay and Play. If it's too expensive, I might have to miss out.
  • edited June 2008
    Well SBCG4AP, Harvest Moon (Is it confirmed for a summer release?), and We Love Golf are the main games that I'm looking forward to this summer.

No other summer Wii releases really interest me, but there are other future titles that I'm really looking forward to, such as Little King's Story, Rune Factory, Fatal Frame IV, and Wario Land: The Shake Dimension. I can't forget Megaman 9 as well; I'm just hoping that a Wii release is confirmed. Perhaps E3 will answer some of the concerns that I have. :cool:
  • edited June 2008
    [...]there are other future titles that I'm really looking forward to, such as Little King's Story[...]

I think it's already out, if you're talking about the game I'm thinking of. It was renamed My Life as a King.
  • edited June 2008
    I think it's already out, if you're talking about the game I'm thinking of. It was renamed My Life as a King.

The two games do sound similar, but "Little King's Story" is actually a new title by Marvelous (it was known as Project O for a while). Here's a link to an IGN page with info/screens on the game: http://wii.ign.com/objects/892/892457.html

Can't wait for this game. :)
  • edited June 2008
    Oh cool, looks pretty good, I'll have to keep an eye on it.
  • edited June 2008
    Don't forget about Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People! That's coming out almost all summer!
  • edited June 2008
    2 months of summer isn't really "All summer", but you're right, although I doubt these will be like 50+ hour games that keep us extremely busy.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.