What Would You Like To Be Made...

edited June 2008 in General Chat
Into a Lucas Arts/Telltale style adventure game? Seeing as Sam and Max was developed from the comic is there a show, cartoon, comic etc you'd think may work as an adventure game? Personally, I think possibly Animanaics would work, esp. if kept with both companies style of humour. What do you all think?

Comments

• edited June 2008
    Charles In Charge. It would pave the way for a Charles In Charge movie. And a sequel: "Charles In Charge 2: Charge Harder".
  • edited June 2008
    Sesame street
  • edited June 2008
    The key thing with any good adventure game is the story. The Animaniacs (from what I remember of them, which isn't much) don't actually seek out adventure, they just do lots of wacky stuff when situations come their way. Can you imagine a story where they are the protagonists?

In an adventure game, the character(s) controlled by the user have to be fairly level-headed (even if funny or sarcastic or witty etc), they can't really be too wacky, because a character like that can't be /controlled/ as such.

Quuux had suggested to me a few weeks ago that The Tick would be a good property for Telltale to turn into an adventure game, but I pointed out that you'd have to actually be in control of Arthur, as he's the most sensible one (moth suit notwithstanding), as The Tick isn't ever really in control of his situations - he's the "wacky" one like Max is.
  • edited June 2008
    I'd love the Tick as a game, but I think the action nature of the comic would over shadow the adventure part. Controlling Arthur would fix that, but I don't know if the licence holders of the Tick would want that.
  • edited June 2008
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again.
    'Allo 'Allo.

Actually, that would be better with a text parser...

>Mix pill in till with drug in jug
    >Light candle with handle on gateau from chateau
  • edited June 2008
    Molokov wrote: »
    The key thing with any good adventure game is the story. The Animaniacs (from what I remember of them, which isn't much) don't actually seek out adventure, they just do lots of wacky stuff when situations come their way. Can you imagine a story where they are the protagonists?

In an adventure game, the character(s) controlled by the user have to be fairly level-headed (even if funny or sarcastic or witty etc), they can't really be too wacky, because a character like that can't be /controlled/ as such.

Quuux had suggested to me a few weeks ago that The Tick would be a good property for Telltale to turn into an adventure game, but I pointed out that you'd have to actually be in control of Arthur, as he's the most sensible one (moth suit notwithstanding), as The Tick isn't ever really in control of his situations - he's the "wacky" one like Max is.

I think playing as Yakko would work. He maybe zany but I think he is also rashional (sp?) enough
  • edited June 2008
    I think playing as Yakko would work. He maybe zany but I think he is also rashional (sp?) enough

it is rational for future use

I think scenarios like that in phone booth could work well for scenarios in a point and click style game.
  • edited June 2008
    A Phone Booth game would certainly save on environments, and even moving! Most of the game you'd select dialogue lines and talk with the villain over the phone, and then there'd be some cut scenes when bad things happen....
  • edited June 2008
    Doctor Who would make an ace adventure game. Shame all the show's got at the minute is a Top Trumps one /:
  • edited June 2008
    Badwolf wrote: »
    Doctor Who would make an ace adventure game. Shame all the show's got at the minute is a Top Trumps one /:

Doctor Who now?
  • edited June 2008
    patters wrote: »
    it is rational for future use

Thank you. For some reason even though I knew it, my mind was blank.

Saying that it is usually blank anyway.
  • edited June 2008
    Ireland vs Pakistan the story of the underdog the mini series
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2008
    ShaggE wrote: »
    Charles In Charge. It would pave the way for a Charles In Charge movie. And a sequel: "Charles In Charge 2: Charge Harder".

How about a "Charles In Charge" / "Who's the Boss" crossover, called "Who's in charge? Charles, the Boss." I'd play that.
  • edited June 2008
    Cheat-Strongbad: "I can play it! I will play it 9 times!"

^ I've been saving that for about two seconds ago.
  • edited June 2008
    Badwolf wrote: »

Doctor Who Doctor Who Doctor Who ftw. :D
  • edited June 2008
    Sheep in the big city.
  • edited June 2008
    Ed, Edd and Eddy would be nice... "That's my Horse!"
  • edited June 2008
    Kedri wrote: »
    Doctor Who Doctor Who Doctor Who ftw. :D
    I dunno, it'd probably be kind of easy.

>Use sonic screwdriver on door
    It opened!

>Use sonic screwdriver on alien
    It falls over in pain!

>Use sonic screwdriver on cable
    It broke!
  • edited June 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »

It opened!

It falls over in pain!

It broke!
    Seriously, what's Doctor Who?
  • edited June 2008
    It's often considered one of the greatest, if not THE greatest, british sci-fi shows ever made. Doctor Who is as well-known there as The Simpsons are here in the US.
  • edited June 2008
    The Pirates! In An Adventure With... book series. Hell yeah... :pimphat:
  • edited June 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »

It opened!

It falls over in pain!

It broke!

We'll just have to make every cable, door and alien in the game out of wood. The Sonic Screwdriver can't get wood. :cool:
  • edited June 2008
    Wood aliens... Nice...:cool:
  • edited June 2008

Lmfao I thought you were taking the piss.

Anyway seeing as it's been answered I'll move on to my other suggestion; Harry Potter would make a sweet adventure game.
  • edited June 2008
    One word: Telltale must buy Zach&Wiki from CAPCOM. Well 7 words... but still...
  • edited June 2008

its a british sci fi program look it up if you want to know more look on wikipedia
  • edited June 2008
    patters wrote: »
    its a british sci fi program look it up if you want to know more look on wikipedia

Oh no, he can't do that, it's too much effort.
  • edited June 2008
    Oh no, he can't do that, it's too much effort.
    It involves typing. And maybe even clicking. It'd be much better if you could just summarize the article for him.
  • edited June 2008
    I've always thought that a Planet of the Apes adventure game would be really awesome but the story has been done to death already. Plus I've always imagined it in the style of the old 2d adventure games (which their time has past).
  • edited June 2008
    A 3d anti Macdonald's episodic game. In the first few episodes you play as Ronald Macdonald and get to witness the disasters Macdonald's caused to the environment and people mixed with the best Macdonald's rumors. It will also have anti Macdonald's famous people star in it and the ones who did cases against Macdonald. Then in the next episodes you would play as a detective and occasionally Ronald Macdonald when required as you spy at Macdonald through very funny and genius ways and meet the people who don't like Macdonald's. But as you go deeper you start to get hunted by Macdonald's.Will you be able to publish the secrets or die. Made by the same people who brought you Macdonald's the game.
  • edited June 2008
    Sealab 2021 if Captain Murphy's orginal voice actor was still alive. :*(
  • edited June 2008
    A 3d anti Macdonald's episodic game. In the first few episodes you play as Ronald Macdonald and get to witness the disasters Macdonald's caused to the environment and people mixed with the best Macdonald's rumors. It will also have anti Macdonald's famous people star in it and the ones who did cases against Macdonald. Then in the next episodes you would play as a detective and occasionally Ronald Macdonald when required as you spy at Macdonald through very funny and genius ways and meet the people who don't like Macdonald's. But as you go deeper you start to get hunted by Macdonald's.Will you be able to publish the secrets or die. Made by the same people who brought you Macdonald's the game.

For the win.

"Macdonalds" to avoid any lawsuits of course.
  • edited June 2008
    Why would you want to play a game with MacDonalds in it anyway!?
  • edited June 2008
    Because it's soooooooooo good. Ight.
  • edited June 2008
    I always thought the "Hitchhiker's Guide" series would have made a great LucasArts style adventure game.
  • edited June 2008
    squinky22 wrote: »
    I always thought the "Hitchhiker's Guide" series would have made a great LucasArts style adventure game.

What, the text adventure wasn't enough for you? Look, they've even added graphics to it now, and it's free to play online!

(Of course, it's still bloody hard to succeed, and looking up a walkthrough might be necessary...)
  • edited June 2008
    Monkey Island 5
  • edited June 2008
    xChri5x wrote: »
    Because it's soooooooooo good. Ight.

Good enough to barf.
  • edited June 2008
    Ooooh Alice In Wonderland may work as a decent concept.
  • edited June 2008
    Why would you want to play a game with MacDonalds in it anyway!?

Global_Gladiators_Coverart.png

I've actually played this |:
Sign in to comment in this discussion.