The Wii Store....

What time in the morning does it usually update with new games and such?

Comments

• edited July 2008
    Anybody Know?
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    Don't know, but the game's not going up tomorrow, if that's why you're asking...
  • edited July 2008
    yey! Then it's definitely out next monday!!! right? right???
  • edited July 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    Don't know, but the game's not going up tomorrow, if that's why you're asking...

.....Nyoro~n :3

Oh wait, that's too much of an in-joke for most people to get.
  • edited July 2008
    to actually answer the question in the post, games go up at 9am pacific time on mondays.
  • edited July 2008
    .....Nyoro~n :3

Oh wait, that's too much of an in-joke for most people to get.

Not for some of us.

Stpuid green-haired scene-hogger...
  • edited July 2008
    Not for some of us.

Stpuid green-haired scene-hogger...

:D

Yeah, I'm not even a big fan of 4chan and I don't even go there. I just thought that the joke kinda worked, given the situation. hehe.
  • edited July 2008
    The Shop Channel is always updated on Monday and Friday around 10 to 12 or something.
    Also it's not like they can run out of copies of the game anyway.
  • edited July 2008
    Every Monday at 12 PM Atlantic time, 9AM Pacific.
  • edited July 2008
    yeah tommorow i'm so on the shop channel at 8:59 and waiting till...9:00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited July 2008
    Emily wrote: »

Does this mean it's NOT coming out tomarrow! AHA! *dances because he was right and sings:* It's not comin' out tomorrow! It's not...comin' out to...morrow. Aww. I made myself sad.
  • edited July 2008
    Emily posted that on the 21st.
  • edited July 2008
    Whoops. I thought this thread was started today. >.> Please put this sticker on my forehead.

[ RETARDED ]
  • edited July 2008
    Tandy 400 wrote: »
    Whoops. I thought this thread was started today. >.> Please put this sticker on my forehead.

[ RETARDED ]

It's about time...
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    Emily posted that on the 21st.

And yet it's still relevant :) ... :(
  • edited July 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    And yet it's still relevant :) ... :(

Ouch.
    Anyway, you guys do know that Sam & Max came out on a Friday? So unless WiiWare only gets update on Monday, we still have chance for a July release.
  • edited July 2008
    Ouch.
    Anyway, you guys do know that Sam & Max came out on a Friday? So unless WiiWare only gets update on Monday, we still have chance for a July release.

Yeah, uh.

That's the case.

Yeeeah.

Mondays only. :(
  • edited July 2008
    To quote bad soap operas:
    "WWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYY!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"
  • edited July 2008
    *Sigh* What are we going to get today, then... Pirates of Freaking Dreams 2? D:
  • edited July 2008
    No, we're getting Pong Toss - Frat Party Games. It was originally gonna be "Beer Pong," but the Nintendo Censors wouldn't allow it!
  • No, we're getting Pong Toss - Frat Party Games. It was originally gonna be "Beer Pong," but the Nintendo Censors wouldn't allow it!
    God nooo... WHY! *cries*

IF it doesn't come out August 4th (next Monday) I WILL kill something.... Hee hee hee ha ha ah..... *Puts on random facepaint, and runs out to terrorize Gotham City*
  • edited July 2008
    All part of the plan? *licks lips*

Anyways, I can wait.

I waited for SSBB.

And for my Wii, actually.

I can wait for this indeed.

EDIT: Ironically(?), that episode of South Park where Cartman can't wait for the Wii was on last night. I wonder if he was planning on playing SBCG4AP.
  • edited July 2008
    Maybe I should go sit in the snow and wait to freeze. Oh, crap....it's summer. I guess I'll have to wait until winter to freeze myself....

(Hint hint).
  • edited July 2008
    why not go to the north pole?
  • edited July 2008
    come on game come out already!!! :mad:
  • edited July 2008
    strongbfan wrote: »
    come on game come out of the closet already!!! :mad:
    ok,
    the game wait:im gay
  • edited July 2008
    No, we're getting Pong Toss - Frat Party Games. It was originally gonna be "Beer Pong," but the Nintendo Censors wouldn't allow it!

I had to suppress a groan when I saw that game on the list today. I really, really cannot wrap my head around the reasoning behind a virtual drinking game. And I don't think I want to.
  • edited July 2008
    How can you play Beer Pong on a Wii? It's not like the console can make the ping pong ball fall into your cup of beer. And what's the point of playing Beer Pong if you're not drinking copious amounts of alcohol?
  • edited July 2008
    ok,
    the game wait:im gay

I don't think he said closet.....thank you for sharing, stronggamer.
  • GaryGary Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    Molokov wrote: »
    How can you play Beer Pong on a Wii? It's not like the console can make the ping pong ball fall into your cup of beer. And what's the point of playing Beer Pong if you're not drinking copious amounts of alcohol?

I think that - if I was in the mindset of a college kid (which I was, at one point) - that this would be an easy way to play beer pong without the mess.

Beer pong makes a mess and can be a pain to set up and then clean up, especially when already drunk... so if I was in the mindset of what I'm pretty sure is their target demographic, I'd be playing beer pong with real red party cups, a real keg of cheap beer, a strong desire to get plastered... and this game, instead of actual beer pong.
  • Tandy 400 wrote: »
    Maybe I should go sit in the snow and wait to freeze. Oh, crap....it's summer. I guess I'll have to wait until winter to freeze myself....

(Hint hint).
    lol.

*looks at watch, and twidles his thumbs*

All part of the plan... its ALL part of the plan.

Why so SERIOUS, Telltale?! WANNA KNOW HOW I GOT THESE SCARS OF WAITING?!

*coughs, and wipes face paint off*

That was fun while it lasted. ^_^
  • edited July 2008
    Dark Knight fan, I'm assuming.

Ya know...just a wild guess....
  • edited July 2008
    Dark Knight kicked some serious @$$...*looks left* *looks right* oh my god!! why did I say that?!? OH NO!! the forum police are going to be out to get get me!!!! ohgodohgodohgodohgod!!!!!! WHAT DO I DO!?!?!?!? I'M GONNA GET BANNED!!!!! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!! ok ok ok, deeeeeeep breaths...///////, \\\\\\\.../////////, \\\\\\\\. ok, now I can easily edit this, there that's better. hehehe hahahaHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAHAAAAAAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!:D*THWACK, BAN!* *police sirens* -THE END!

IDK some times this wait for the game REAAAAAALLLLYY gets to me. : (
  • edited July 2008
    What in the HELL?

(I'm seeing a pattern with that phrase for me.)
  • edited July 2008
    Dark Knight kicked some serious @$$...*looks left* *looks right* oh my god!! why did I say that?!? OH NO!! the forum police are going to be out to get get me!!!! ohgodohgodohgodohgod!!!!!! WHAT DO I DO!?!?!?!? I'M GONNA GET BANNED!!!!! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!! ok ok ok, deeeeeeep breaths...///////, \\\\\\\.../////////, \\\\\\\\. ok, now I can easily edit this, there that's better. hehehe hahahaHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAHAAAAAAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!:D*THWACK, BAN!* *police sirens* -THE END!

IDK some times this wait for the game REAAAAAALLLLYY gets to me. : (

You deface the face of Bob Ross...

Back on subject please.
  • edited July 2008
    My icon is only Bob Ross because I'm trying to make another icon on deviant art and the only tool I have is MS paint!!!!> : (
  • edited July 2008
    I once saw a Flash version of Beer Pong in my English Class. The guy on the row in front of me was playing it instead of working on his research paper. Like I said somewhere to somebody, Nintendo is picking games that will either sell well or be the absolute best.

LostWinds (An episodic game that was never meant to be one, at least not when i read about it) is extremely fun and makes excellent use of the WiiRemote's motion sensors. The puzzles in it were a bit simple, but it was a nice adventure while it lasted. I can't help but also compare that experience to BlockBreaker Deluxe, which is just a port of a PC game that sold really well. The game itself is a nice distraction, but it doesn't offer any reason to just sit, play, and enjoy what you are experiencing like SBCG or LostWinds.

It was with the mentality of a fun party game that would promote choosing it over alcohol that Nintendo prolly released Frat Party, you have to remember that even though some of their 1st party games are dark (maybe even sinister, such as Majora's mask) they are first and foremost a company that was born from a Toy Factory. And that makes the CEOs want to be a bit more kid friendly.
  • edited July 2008
    Sometimes to me those pictures on the shop channel are angering me. Ohh, look! Pong toss! You get to throw a ball in a cup! And it dosn't seem to use anything but buttons! That's way better then a cool game about a wrestle m'n!!! Really, a slap in my face...
  • edited July 2008
    Ben Again wrote: »
    Sometimes to me those pictures on the shop channel are angering me. Ohh, look! Pong toss! You get to throw a ball in a cup! And it dosn't seem to use anything but buttons! That's way better then a cool game about a wrestle m'n!!! Really, a slap in my face...

Simplest solution in the world:
    Don't look at Wii Shop more than once a week.
  • edited July 2008
    Actually, several crazy people from my county posted a complaint about the game having a "T" rating and having a title leading people to believe that it promoted drinking alcohol (age 13 vs. age 21). The game company later changed the title.

Nintendo is notorious for having absolute crap or games that very few want out on the Virtual Console and Wii Ware service in recent times. I'm probably not going to purchase anything else from the Shop Channel until they fix the storage issue, since transferring games to SD Cards takes about twenty times longer than it should, and deleting games to later redownload them gets rid of the save data and is just silly. Plus, each Strong Bad episode will probably take up nearly 200 blocks of memory, meaning that downloading all of the episodes would take up nearly half of the Wii's internal memory. Hooray for PCs!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.