Peter Sallis

2»

Comments

• edited July 2008
    Shmeh wrote: »
    They're jokes. :) Kevin Smith played a character called Silent Bob and George Clooney made some barking sounds for South Park. :D

I can't believe I didn't get the Kevin Smith referance. I'm a big fan of his
  • edited July 2008
    Clearly the new voice actor for Gromit will be George Clooney.
    "Bark!" :D
  • edited July 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    sean-connery.jpg

You're the man now, DOG!
  • edited July 2008
    Clearly the new voice actor for Gromit will be George Clooney.

To quote Homer Simpson: "It should be Gary Oldman!"
    Jimothey wrote: »
    Hang on a cotton picking minute here!?
    All this talk about the voice actor for Gromit, and to my recollection, Gromit NEVER spoke, he was, if you will, the silent partner.
    Wallace was voiced, and can only ever be voiced by Peter Sallis.

We jest.
  • edited July 2008
    Tellyn wrote: »
    To quote Homer Simpson: "It should be Gary Oldman!"
    "Keep him as Commissioner Gordon!"

BJ
  • edited August 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    sean-connery.jpg

The name's Bond. Wallace Bond.
  • edited August 2008
    splash1 wrote: »
    no..

You're right. Christopher Lee really needs to be Feathers...;)
  • edited August 2008
    I think getting Peter Sallis for Wallace is much more important than it was for getting, say, Bill Farmer or Nick Jameson to reprise their roles, simply because no other person has done the voice acting for Wallace so I can't imagine anyone else doing it. I personally will be very disappointed if Sallis is not doing the voices.
  • edited August 2008
    I think getting Peter Sallis for Wallace is much more important than it was for getting, say, Bill Farmer or Nick Jameson to reprise their roles, simply because no other person has done the voice acting for Wallace so I can't imagine anyone else doing it. I personally will be very disappointed if Sallis is not doing the voices.

yeah.
    or maybe they can waste even more time creating a Peter Sallis voice generator. then anyone can talk like him! i'd buy one!
  • edited October 2008
    Any Wallace And Gromit production wont be the same or have the same feeling as the original episodes. Btw, Peter Sallis also did the voice for the Farmer in Chicken Run ( another Aardman film ). Im sure they can set up a studio in England and get it shipped over to the states. As an example that was what was done for Axel Rose's dialog recorded for the radio station in GTA: San Andreas, as Rockstar North is based in Scotland, and Axel is from USA.

And Gromit never speaks so no need to make him suddenly start speaking; thats a no. Perhaps speech bubbles of pictures of what he's thinking above his head, to give hints to Wallace. Gromit is the one who adds comedic value.
  • edited October 2008
    Btw, Peter Sallis also did the voice for the Farmer in Chicken Run ( another Aardman film ).

No offense, but I don't think that's the case. I think a guy named Tony Haygarth voiced him.

Regardless, I do agree that long-distance voice acting is possible. It all depends on Peter Sallis's health. And you have a great idea about Gromit's 'thoughts.' :)
  • edited October 2008
    While it would be pretty upsetting if Telltale couldn't get Peter Sallis, they'd probably get somebody else who'd be almost or just as good. A lot of Telltale's voice actors so far are brilliant (in particular William Kasten, Roger L. Jackson, David Boyll and, erm...Matt Chapman) so I'm sure they'd find somebody fitting. :)
  • edited November 2008
    xChri5x wrote: »
    The guy who voices Wallace is 87? :S Better get a move on

Ooh, yeah, Telltale. Better hurry along.
  • edited November 2008
    xChri5x wrote: »
    Did he do the voice work in the other two Wallace & Gromit games?

Edit: Sounds like he did in this clip from Project Zoo
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=PQxQ_PG6Hs4

I'm fairly sure he did. Nothing makes a game feel more like the shorts like a fine ol' bucket of Peter Sallis's voice.
  • edited November 2008
    Jimothey wrote: »
    Hang on a cotton picking minute here!?
    All this talk about the voice actor for Gromit, and to my recollection, Gromit NEVER spoke, he was, if you will, the silent partner.
    Wallace was voiced, and can only ever be voiced by Peter Sallis.

Looks like I'll have to play Gromit. I can do a great impression! Here! Have a look. *Holds breath and moves eyebrows around*.
  • edited November 2008
    Tellyn wrote: »
    Here's a few suggestions.
    Feathers McGraw - Willem Dafoe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgLd26dxDRg

Dafooooooe!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.