Comments

• edited July 2008
    ooh, wow... there's even a tidbit about seas--er, episode three!
  • edited July 2008
    nathew wrote: »
    ooh, wow... there's even a tidbit about season three!

Episode 3
  • edited July 2008
    Well, IGN's not a reliable source...They STILL say Episode one is out on PC...
  • edited July 2008
    Well, IGN's not a reliable source...They STILL say Episode one is out on PC...

It is. I was playing it this morning.
  • edited July 2008
    Unless you were playing it at ComicCon, no it's not out. I'm pretty sure that article is made up. Mostly because Strong Badia isn't where everyone lives. They live in Free Country, USA. Strong Badia is just SB's backyard.
  • edited July 2008
    Tandy 400 wrote: »
    Unless you were playing it at ComicCon, no it's not out. I'm pretty sure that article is made up. Mostly because Strong Badia isn't where everyone lives. They live in Free Country, USA. Strong Badia is just SB's backyard.

i'm pretty sure that came straight from the horse(telltale)'s mouth. they had a panel and such.
  • edited July 2008
    nathew wrote: »
    i'm pretty sure that came straight from the horse(telltale)'s mouth. they had a panel and such.

Oh dear. This means that there is a very, VERY real possibility that someone at Telltale thinks that the series takes place exclusively in a place called Strong Badia rather than Free Country USA. Which means that this problem could find its way into the actual games, causing continuity arguments that may never be resolved.

Message to all Telltale employees involved in SBCG4AP:
    The beginning of this SBEmail is required viewing.
  • edited July 2008
    BiggerJ wrote: »
    Oh dear. This means that there is a very, VERY real possibility that someone at Telltale thinks that the series takes place eclusively in a place called Strong Badia rather than Free Country USA. Which means that this problem could find its way into the actual games, causing continuity arguments that may never be resolved.

Because the episode is called Strangbadia the Free? I don't see where this makes any sense unless maybe....
    You're jumping to conclusions.
    office_space.jpg
  • edited July 2008
    Well, maybe there's still hope. Homestar did refer to Free Country, USA in one of the Episode 1 videos.
  • edited July 2008
    Omg you're so right, maybe I can sleep peacefully tonight knowing this.
  • edited July 2008
    ....someone is jumping to conclusions. The very fact that Strong Bad is running around making alliances with other just-as-made-up countries shows that there are places *other* than Strong Badia. I mean, I don't know how it could be spelled out more simply.
  • edited July 2008
    Free Country, USA is in the game, it's showed in the latest trailer...
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    The one thing the article may have fudged a little is that bit about Strong Badia being where everyone lives or whatever. While Strong Bad (and most everyone else in H*R) live in Free Country, we all know that in his heart Strong Bad considers his allegiance first and foremost to Strong Badia (the place where the tropical breezes blow), even if it's not actually a real country.
  • edited July 2008
    Well, it also fudged the difference between "it's" and "its", using both for the same meaning within the same sentence.
  • edited July 2008
    so... is that the real Episode 2 plot line cause it sounds reaal cool :)
  • edited July 2008
    This is great. We're going to know the main plot lines for the first season before episode 1 comes out...:rolleyes:
  • edited July 2008
    There's one more little detail I'd like to know: is the title spelled 'Strongbadia the Free' or 'Strong Badia the Free'?

And while I'm asking a Telltale staff member something, another question: do you think Nintendo is treating you badly in terms of delaying the release? If not, how long would Episode 1 have to be delayed for you to start thinking you're getting treated badly?
  • edited July 2008
    Business 101: Don't say bad things about your business partners in public, especially when that business partner has the ability to cut off one of your major means of distribution.

Furthermore, Telltale is not a unified being with a singular opinion on every issue. It's made up of several people, who may disagree when it comes to things that start with "Do you think _____?"
  • edited July 2008
    Business 101: Don't say bad things about your business partners in public, especially when that business partner has the ability to cut off one of your major means of distribution.

Damn. That means that if Telltale really is being treated poorly, they can't say or do a thing about it.

If this gets bad enough, I bet that if there's a Season 2, it'll initially be PC only, with a possible Wii disc release. If it gets any worse than it is now, I know that I wouldn't want to put myself through anything like that twice.
  • edited July 2008
    I really don't think they're being treated badly, though. Honestly, I'm sure it's just the kind of hang-ups that happen when you're doing something new. They've never gone through Wiiware before, they've never distributed on a console with the kind of submission process that the Wii goes through.

I don't have all the details, of course. But to assume that Nintendo is being cruel to Telltale for...well, NO GOOD REASON would be....well. Our favorite phrase here lately, "Jumping to conclusions".
  • ok, is SCG4AP out for PC? and is that seriously the REAL Episode 2 plot?!
  • edited July 2008
    ok, is SCG4AP out for PC? and is that seriously the REAL Episode 2 plot?!

If SBCG4AP was out on PC you would find it here.
  • edited July 2008
    1. wait for telltale to post in a thread.
    2. when they do, barrage them with questions about nintendo and the release date
    3. ???
    4. profit!
  • edited July 2008
    We are not being treated badly in any way, shape, or form. Does that answer your question?

:jumptoconclusions: x10
  • edited July 2008
    Damn. That means that if Telltale really is being treated poorly, they can't say or do a thing about it.

If this gets bad enough, I bet that if there's a Season 2, it'll initially be PC only, with a possible Wii disc release. If it gets any worse than it is now, I know that I wouldn't want to put myself through anything like that twice.

Do you know how stupid you sound? ;)
  • edited July 2008
    Oh dear. This means that there is a very, VERY real possibility that someone at Telltale thinks that the series takes place exclusively in a place called Strong Badia rather than Free Country USA. Which means that this problem could find its way into the actual games, causing continuity arguments that may never be resolved.

Message to all Telltale employees involved in SBCG4AP:
    The beginning of this SBEmail is required viewing.
    You guys really need to pace yourselves! If you spend all your energy trying to find non-existent continuity errors in previews, you're going to be too exhausted to find continuity errors by the time the games are released. And then where would the internet be?

And as for the speculation about Nintendo and Telltale's relationship: what tabacco said, x 1000. Telltale staff, including the lead designer of the Strong Bad series have repeatedly come on the boards to give updates on the status. We've said over and over again that when we know something, you guys will know something.

But still, some of you insist on saying that Telltale has been "tight-lipped," you invent a situation out of thin air, and then go on to speculate about what might have caused the situation you just invented. It's great that you guys are so excited about the release of the games, but please relax a little bit.
  • edited July 2008
    It's the game sensation that's sweeping the nation: "Jump to Conclusions" and now your host... Hugh Bliss!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    So where's the game, Telltale?
    There's one more little detail I'd like to know: is the title spelled 'Strongbadia the Free' or 'Strong Badia the Free'?

It's "Strong Badia the Free," unless we're feeling feisty or really desperate to get that "space" character back. Like, if the game is too big by one byte, we'll take the space out maybe, from one subtitle where it's mentioned. If only to add one more "goof" to the inevitable mile-long list on the episode 102 page on hrwiki.
  • edited July 2008
    The plot for episode 2 is you have to read ALL the threads and posts about how episode 1 was delayed. By now it would probably take as long as it takes to play through one of telltales normal episodic games.
  • edited July 2008
    The plot for episode 2 is you have to read ALL the threads and posts about how episode 1 was delayed.

...then answer all 500 questions in a quiz about it correctly or start again. Don't worry. The quiz is multiple choice, so it should be a breeze. :D
  • edited July 2008
    Wait a second... Strong Bad vs the King of Town?!?! Oh god this sounds like the makings of a good episode!

But I want to play the first episode, damn you Nintendo!
  • edited July 2008
    heavybassX wrote: »
    Wait a second... Strong Bad vs the King of Town?!?! Oh god this sounds like the makings of a good episode!

But I want to play the first episode, damn you Nintendo!

Do you even know if it's nintendo's fault at all?
  • MarkDarinMarkDarin Former Telltale Staff
    edited July 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    So where's the game, Telltale?

It's "Strong Badia the Free," unless we're feeling feisty or really desperate to get that "space" character back. Like, if the game is too big by one byte, we'll take the space out maybe, from one subtitle where it's mentioned. If only to add one more "goof" to the inevitable mile-long list on the episode 102 page on hrwiki.

Officially its "Strong Badia the Free". However, since the Wii allotted text space for titles is 20 characters long including spaces, it will probably be listed as "StrongBadia the Free" in most places. Just some trivia for ya.
  • edited July 2008
    MarkDarin wrote: »
    Officially its "Strong Badia the Free". However, since the Wii allotted text space for titles is 20 characters long including spaces, it will probably be listed as "StrongBadia the Free" in most places. Just some trivia for ya.

But what about Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life As A King?
  • edited July 2008

Will that be on both the Wii and PC versions? It's alright if it is, since it might be more trouble than it's worth to change it for each version. But since it is a Wii problem, I was wondering if you have put the extra effort to fix it for the PC version.
    edited July 2008
    Ooze33 wrote: »
    But what about Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life As A King?

Take a look at how they list it in WiiWare! They do some clever Things to get around it.
    "My Life as King" in only 15 characters long and that part is the "Title" text.

Don'f Forget, we also have to squeeze "Strong Bad's Cool game..." in there as well!
    edited July 2008
    Shmeh wrote: »
    Will that be on both the Wii and PC versions? It's alright if it is, since it might be more trouble than it's worth to change it for each version. But since it is a Wii problem, I was wondering if you have put the extra effort to fix it for the PC version.

It's only condensed for it's listing in various Wii applications. It'll be the Strong Badia the Free in tha actual game for all platforms.
  • edited July 2008
    All I can say is that we have to have Episode ONE before we get teasers of Two.
  • edited July 2008
    All I can say is that we have to have Episode ONE before we get teasers of Two.

Apparently not. ;)
  • edited July 2008
    It's only condensed for it's listing in various Wii applications. It'll be the Strong Badia the Free in tha actual game for all platforms.

Drats! My lack of Wii has been uncovered! ;)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.