First Look at Episode 2!

Comments

• edited July 2008
    Am I the only person happy about this sort of thing?
    The idea of Free Country, USA imploding into several rival city-states and the idea of Homsar and Strong Bad talking to each other
    sounds rather exciting. Like a pardoy of all those games that takes place 5 mintues in the future when the United States suddenly dissolve, where the Democratic Party and the Republican Party pulls out their guns and start shooting at each other for no apperant reason. Um, play Shattered Union if you don't know what I am talking about, but honestly, Telltale, you just struck comedic gold.
  • edited July 2008
    i'm happy about Episode 2's plot to! it's exciting! :D
  • edited July 2008
    Yeah, I'm excited, just not very.But I want to see if Marzipan took control of a state, Would she have an army?What/Who would be in her army?
  • edited July 2008
    she'd probalyl have it save the cho-system :rolleyes:
  • edited July 2008
    Silent wrote: »
    Am I the only person happy about this sort of thing?
    The idea of Free Country, USA imploding into several rival city-states and the idea of Homsar and Strong Bad talking to each other
    sounds rather exciting. Like a pardoy of all those games that takes place 5 mintues in the future when the United States suddenly dissolve, where the Democratic Party and the Republican Party pulls out their guns and start shooting at each other for no apperant reason. Um, play Shattered Union if you don't know what I am talking about, but honestly, Telltale, you just struck comedic gold.
    strong bad and homsar have already talked to each other

ahhh do what ahhh'm toooold.
  • edited July 2008
    Episode 12 will feature Strong Bad in a post apocalyptic world where Melonade has become rare to the point of rival gangs fighting for the last remaining keg in a Mad Max-style action thriller.

And Episode 13 begins after Strong Bad has severely damaged the Space Time Continuum, and is on a quest to repair it, while being hunted by The Homestarminator. A killer cyborg of Homestar sent back in time to stop Strong Bad from reaching his goal by annoying him to death.

And in Episode 14, Strong Bad plans to jump over a shark with his motorcycle. Can he do it?
  • edited July 2008
    Episode 12 will feature Strong Bad in a post apocalyptic world where Melonade has become rare to the point of rival gangs fighting for the last remaining keg in a Mad Max-style action thriller.

And Episode 13 begins after Strong Bad has severely damaged the Space Time Continuum, and is on a quest to repair it, while being hunted by The Homestarminator. A killer cyborg of Homestar sent back in time to stop Strong Bad from reaching his goal by annoying him to death.

And in Episode 14, Strong Bad plans to jump over a shark with his motorcycle. Can he do it?

Wrong [URL="http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5259]Forum[/URL]
  • edited July 2008
    bigdondoo wrote: »

Not really. I think he was trying to argue against Ep. 2, stating that the concept of the Second American Civil War is too cliched, following in the lines of Mad Max and that Telltale should come up with original stuff. I can tell because of his reference to "jumping the shark". So, er, it's on topic.

As a counter though, you have to admit that the above plots would be more original than setting the Homestar Runner characters in a traditional swords and sorcery RPG. If the game itself reeks of utter failure though, of course, we'll learn from the experience, and hopefully Telltale learn from it too.
  • edited July 2008
    Silent wrote: »
    Not really. I think he was trying to argue against Ep. 2, stating that the concept of the Second American Civil War is too cliched, following in the lines of Mad Max and that Telltale should come up with original stuff. I can tell because of his reference to "jumping the shark". So, er, it's on topic.

Woah, woah, woah! Stop the gravy train! Satire in an online forum? I think you're thinking too hard and giving Karma too much credit. It seemed more to me that it was a (possibly sarcastic) speculation on what episodes 12-14 would be.

And how is the concept of the First Free Country, USA civil war cliched? I think that's very original. The King of Town has rarely used his kingly powers in any sort of trannical move before. I fact, come to think if it, I wouldn't have even thought he was the King of the town if that wasn't his name.

Will the municipality be invovled?... "We're Onto You"
  • edited July 2008
    The crown and the castle don't hurt, either. =p
  • edited July 2008
    The crown and the castle don't hurt, either. =p

Yes, you are correct, although I don't see how that equals "p"
  • edited July 2008
    Alright! Sneak peaks at episode 2 already! I can't wait! In fact, I can't wait for the first episode either!
  • edited July 2008
    garebage wrote: »
    Do you even know if it's nintendo's fault at all?

Uh yeah Telltale aren't releasing the PC version until the Wii version arrives onto the Wii Shop (or planned double release) so yeah.
  • edited August 2008
    heavybassX wrote: »
    Uh yeah Telltale aren't releasing the PC version until the Wii version arrives onto the Wii Shop (or planned double release) so yeah.

In order for it to be "Nintendo's Fault", the company would have to have either:
    A) Requested a complete overhaul of the game or a specific amount of delay time.
    OR
    2)Be purposely out to postpone what I am guessing will be the number 1 WiiWare out until Episode 2 is released 1 month later.

Since neither of those things happened (they are almost done with the submission process, i see SBCG the second Monday of every month for 5 months) it is not Nintendo's fault.
  • edited August 2008
    xChri5x wrote: »
    It is. I was playing it this morning.

Is it out or not!?!
  • Is it out or not!?!
    Of course it is, I'm so close to finishing it... All I have to do is
    Find the pages to the Boxer Five Manual... then I'll go and do the race, gotta finish those side-quests!

and didn't Telltale show a video of it at their Panel at the Comic con? It looked quite cool. ^_^
  • edited August 2008
    Don't string along the naive. It's not nice.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    Nope the game's not out yet :P
  • edited August 2008
    Jake wrote: »

Ah, the good old reverse psychology trick to get people playing the game. Nice move, Jake.
  • Jake wrote: »
    Quite smart jake. QUITE Smart. Reverse Physcholooogokgy.

[color]You just had to go on and ruin all the fun. D= Seriously though, it isn't out yet, =P[/color.]
  • edited August 2008
    Episode 2 must come out in SEptember!!!!! IT MUUUUST :mad:
  • edited August 2008
    I know you guys are recovering from Comic-Con, but would it be possible to have some additional information regarding "Strong Badia The Free"? An update on the front page, a general plot summary (the IGN and Gamespy summaries I find suspect... if funny), maybe a trailer?

Or will this have to wait until "Homestar Ruiner" is out?
    edited August 2008
    The moment you have your copy of Homestar Ruiner, you'll be able to find out more about episode 2.
  • edited August 2008
    The moment you have your copy of Homestar Ruiner, you'll be able to find out more about episode 2.

Sweet, we get the preview of episode 2 instead of an actual opening credits/video. That would be new and fresh, so much so that I shall call it.... NESH! (Because frew sounds weird) Unless you use the WiiShop Channel, in which case the Episode 2 preview replaces mario running around grabbing coins.
  • edited August 2008
    those words made me feel good Jake, yet said nothing about the game
  • edited August 2008
    Hey, I don't see anything wrong with him not wanting to say much about the next episode's story. It's like reading the end of a book before finnishing the first page.
  • edited August 2008
    at the end of Episode 2, Original Bubs dies!!!!
    i'm sorry..i had to give away the plot.. and i didn't feel like using spoiler tags...
  • edited August 2008
    splash1 wrote: »
    at the end of Episode 2, Original Bubs dies!!!!
    i'm sorry..i had to give away the plot.. and i didn't feel like using spoiler tags...

HOMESTAR RUNNER: (crying) I miss Original Bubs.
    MARZIPAN: Homestar, Strong Bad made all that stuff up.
    HOMESTAR RUNNER: You can't make up eyesight that good. He could always see me from over there.
  • edited August 2008
    Well, TBC did talk about what would happen if the killed off Pom Pom... I think that's the plot for Episode 4, "What's New, Kaiser Of Town?"

And be sure to ask Bubs repeated about "T-H-E-M"
  • edited August 2008

Dangit, Jake! Now your gonna make me flop like a fish out of water till' Homestar Ruiner comes out! BEGIN FLOPPING! *flops*
  • edited August 2008
    wbwolf wrote: »
    Well, TBC did talk about what would happen if the killed off Pom Pom... I think that's the plot for Episode 4, "What's New, Kaiser Of Town?"

And be sure to ask Bubs repeated about "T-H-E-M"

Oh now there MUST be a Sam and Max/SBCG4AP crossover.
  • edited August 2008
    bigdondoo wrote: »
    HOMESTAR RUNNER: (crying) I miss Original Bubs.
    MARZIPAN: Homestar, Strong Bad made all that stuff up.
    HOMESTAR RUNNER: You can't make up eyesight that good. He could always see me from over there.

ending plot script of Episode 2!!!

Strong Bad: hold on Original Bubs!
    Original Bubs: it's to late you amitures!
    {EXTREME DEATH TO ORIGINAL BUBS}
    Strong Bad: ah well, no loss
  • Meh, i never liked original Bubs. anyways, how I see it, there's going to be a Cutscene or Something at the end of Episode One, hinting what'll happen in Episode2!
  • edited August 2008
    i was looking at the page where you can pre-order all of the episodes, and it said this:

From ruining Homestar's life to toppling the King of Town's authority, from a massive rock-n-roll battle to an insane video game conspiracy,

interesting, eh!!!
  • edited August 2008
    dentbuds wrote: »
    i was looking at the page where you can pre-order all of the episodes, and it said this:

From ruining Homestar's life to toppling the King of Town's authority, from a massive rock-n-roll battle to an insane video game conspiracy,

interesting, eh!!!

yeah it is pretty intresting

I can't wait to play them:D
  • edited August 2008
    "Video Game conspiracy"?Must...find out plot...early on!!!
  • "Video Game conspiracy"?Must...find out plot...early on!!!
    Conspiracy? I wonder who the mastermind behind all this is... Homsar, perhaps? XD
    edited August 2008
    "Video Game conspiracy"?Must...find out plot...early on!!!

must... not... actually...
  • edited August 2008
    Must...type...in a shatner-esqe...manner!

Personally, I'm looking forward to trying to not learn the actual story lines until I'm playing them.
  • edited August 2008
    must... not... actually...

You...are....so..clever....
Sign in to comment in this discussion.