Bonus DVD ala Sam & Max?

2»

Comments

• edited August 2008
    They could, likley, but why not just make a Wii bonus disk on a Wii disk!?
  • edited August 2008
    The Snake Boxer Five manual would be really cool to own.
  • edited August 2008
    Ben Again wrote: »
    They could, likley, but why not just make a Wii bonus disk on a Wii disk!?

The problem is that they couldn't prove you owned all the episodes, so they couldn't give you a disc with all of the games on it.

But what they could do, potentially, is find a way to give Wii owners just the extras for a price. Not sure if this would be open to any "exploitation" by PC owners or anything, but whatever.
  • edited August 2008
    They could do the extra stuff for Wii as downloadable content for the game. not an extra channel, but instead inside the episode itself.

And yes, I would love to get a bonus disk like we did with sam & max, at least for the PC customers.
  • FloFlo
    edited August 2008
    Might be a bit technical, but I would like to see a featurette about how the art style was achieved (basically emulating the Flash-style of the website in a 3D game).

Also, assuming that there were screen tests of the characters and environments before the art style was finalized, those would be interesting to see.

Finally, though this is probably asking way too much, how about a featurette with Strong Bad answering questions from forum users?
  • edited August 2008
    Warning before I continue to post, I may start ranting a bit cos I'm known to get on a roll if I start talking. Here goes...

<hem hem>

I think what will probably happen for PC users will be the usual affair with S+M and have a bonus disc for just the cost of shipping. Nothing unusual there.

For the Wii users, they should be given something (especially since us Brits are paying roughly twice the price you Americans are: 1000 Wii points = £7.00 = $12.748) but, since TellTale don't have the customer records from Nintendo, it would be impossible to track people's orders in the same way as the PC version. To fix this, there's a few theories I have:

a) Nintendo allow game developers to update games and allow previous purchasers to download the update for free, and new buyers download the latest version anyways (this is how Nintendo fixed some bugs when some VC games were played through component cable). Therefore, TellTale could create a serial number system in each of the episodes to register the episode on the TellTale website. Perhaps combine the episode ID with your customer ID on the shop channel or sommit. Then, registering the code on the TT site would count towards the whole season (perhaps people could mix 'n' match Wii and PC purchases towards the bonus disc?).

2) Allow people to add a "TellTale SBCG4AP Registrations" Wii friend and send a message to it from each episode, a code is then returned to you through the game that relates to your Wii number (stop multiple codes and reduce on fraud etc) the code is then entered on the TT site and then same as above.

Z) Give Nintendo lots of delicious cake and hope they allow access to SBCG4AP customer records.

Although I'm very confident on number three working, the first two might be your best bet. Although the first one may need a bit of thought as to the coding, it would be the most foolproof and most anti-fraud of the first two. The third one would be perfect, but I don't think Nintendo like their cake much, even if it is delicious.

Ideas for the disc:

Since the Sam and Max discs have been so popular, I think that sticking to that general format would be a good idea. Commentaries, trailers, mini-games? etc. However, for the guys on the Wii, it may be a little more complicated.

People on the PC may be a little miffed if the Wii guys got a disc with all the PC versions on so they now have both PC and Wii versions while PC buyers only get the PC version. Therefore, a Wii specific disc would probably be necessary.

tl;dr

It's really up to TellTale on what they do, but I'd really like a bonus disc if I buy the Wii versions. I bought episode one for Wii but I like playing on both Wii and PC. I'm considering buying the season pass for PC as it costs about the same as three episodes (after tax) on the Wii (in the UK) but if TellTale offer a Wii bonus disc, I may reconsider.

In conclusion

Well that's my one penny (according to today's exchange rate). I hope TellTale have a think about what I've put.

Message to TellTale: If you use any of my ideas, can I be put into the credits? Pretty please :D
  • edited September 2008
    a) Nintendo allow game developers to update games and allow previous purchasers to download the update for free, and new buyers download the latest version anyways (this is how Nintendo fixed some bugs when some VC games were played through component cable). Therefore, TellTale could create a serial number system in each of the episodes to register the episode on the TellTale website. Perhaps combine the episode ID with your customer ID on the shop channel or sommit. Then, registering the code on the TT site would count towards the whole season (perhaps people could mix 'n' match Wii and PC purchases towards the bonus disc?).
    I think the part about updating WiiWare games is already possible, but I like the idea of the mix 'n' match, since then you wouldn't end up buying both versions of one or more episodes to get the bonus disc
    2) Allow people to add a "TellTale SBCG4AP Registrations" Wii friend and send a message to it from each episode, a code is then returned to you through the game that relates to your Wii number (stop multiple codes and reduce on fraud etc) the code is then entered on the TT site and then same as above.
    or possibly a Wii Points rebate for registering every episode or getting the final episode free for registering the rest of the episodes, sort of like a pseudo-bundle pack.

...okay, I admit I'm pushing my luck there but the PC version is less expensive and it has a bundle pack to lower the price further.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2008
    Hey guys, again, as has been said a handful of times before, we currently have no plans for a bonus disc for Wii users.
  • edited September 2008
    A few extra SBemails would be awesome. Oh, and some of those machima (or however you spell it) would be awesome, too.

When the Behind The Bad series completes, maybe you could but that on the disc. :0 (A DVD exclusive one would be cool, too.)
  • edited September 2008
    I really liked what Telltale did with the Sam and Max DVDs, especially the second one. What would really excite me about extras on a hypothetical SBCG4AP DVD, though, would be some kind of involvement from the bros. Chaps on the extras. Like, if they could do some commentary or put a little toon or something together for the DVD, that would be awesome.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.