SBCG4AP release dates announced!

Comments

• edited August 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    No, we have these things called telephones, on which we call people. Also, we have this thing that's like mail, but it's completely electronic ;)

We have better ways of finding out, in other words. Sadly, despite all these wonders of technology at our disposal, we don't have anything to report just yet. But soon!

Has Nintendo told you anything about how far in advance they will tell you (if at all) about the release date? Like, can we already assume it won't come out next Monday since we didn't hear anything today, or could we potentially not hear anything until it is actually out?
  • edited August 2008
    Psst... when I say 'we don't have anything to report', it means we don't have anything to tell you about the release date right now :)

Like we've said all along, when we know something, you'll know something. We like sharing information! Ask anyone!
  • edited August 2008
    Has Nintendo told you anything about how far in advance they will tell you (if at all) about the release date? Like, can we already assume it won't come out next Monday since we didn't hear anything today, or could we potentially not hear anything until it is actually out?

There is still a chance it will come out the 11th, Telltale promised an advance notice of at least a few days so people can prepare their Wiis and Hard drives for the download or get the money together to buy it.
  • edited August 2008
    Psst... when I say 'we don't have anything to report', it means we don't have anything to tell you about the release date right now :)

Like we've said all along, when we know something, you'll know something. We like sharing information! Ask anyone!

Well, I know you don't know if it's next Monday specifically, I just used that as an example.
    InfamousDS wrote: »
    Telltale promised an advance notice of at least a few days

Guess I missed that, all I've been seeing is "you'll know as soon as we know".
  • edited August 2008
    Guess I missed that, all I've been seeing is "you'll know as soon as we know".

Jake said: "If it was coming out today (I believe it was the Aug 4th release speculation), we would have told you last week with a big flashy announcement." Exact words from the old Release Date thread.
  • edited August 2008
    I'm guessing a Monday 11th release then, if you'll be announcing soon. :)

i agree with the person says i fight like a cow!
  • edited August 2008
    I'm pulling for the 11th also, but knowing my run of luck I'm thinking it might not
  • edited August 2008
    Okay, I have a question. What are the release dates?

(just trying to use this topic for what it's meant. Couldn't think of any other questions about the release dates.)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    Locking a thread, then making another with the exact same premise doesn't make sense.

The difference is that in this thread, the first post you see is an official one from a Telltale employee telling you a fact about when you'll hear when the game will come out, instead of a fan rabidly asking about it.
  • edited August 2008
    Hurray! We finally have confirmation.

Question: according to the FAQ, the Wii version is slated at 1000 Wii points, and I notice that PC season bundle is $34.95, the same as the Sam & Max seasons. Will the PC version for single episodes going to be also $8.95?
  • edited August 2008
    yeah, on that same note, do the telltale people know how much more it'll cost for the wii vs. the pc?
  • edited August 2008
    Yes, PC pricing will be exactly the same as with Sam & Max. $34.95 for the season, and $8.95 individually.

The episodes will be 1000 Wii Points apiece on the Wii.
  • edited August 2008
    yeah, on that same note, do the telltale people know how much more it'll cost for the wii vs. the pc?

If the season bundle is $35 (rounded up) then the Wii version will be $15 more expensive at 1000 points each.

However, at $9 per episode the Wii Version will only be $5 more expensive
  • edited August 2008
    YES!!! Finally, my most anticipated game in about 5 years has a release date, and it's next Monday! I'm stoked. No, I'm ecstatic. Can't wait to wake up next Monday and start playing SBCG4AP!
  • edited August 2008
    *ahem* HOLY CROP! It comes out next monday! :D
  • HoboStewHoboStew Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    That's right folks! Quit your jobs, drop out of school, call in sick. Do what it takes to keep your monday open.
  • edited August 2008
    OMG, I just had an idea to prove how we can get the free disc if you guys make one for Wii. We can take pictures of our Wii menu to prove we bought it, just like with the Mii contest. Please make a free disc... I'm begging you.... I have to pay 15 extra dollars because my laptop sucks for reasons I have yet to figure out and the desktop can't go to college with me..
  • edited August 2008
    Yes, PC pricing will be exactly the same as with Sam & Max. $34.95 for the season, and $8.95 individually.

The episodes will be 1000 Wii Points apiece on the Wii.

Why aren't the episodes 900 points apiece on the Wii? That would be equal to the computer pricing...
  • edited August 2008
    Why aren't the episodes 900 points apiece on the Wii? That would be equal to the computer pricing...

Because Nintendo has to make money on the Wii as well, not just Telltale.
  • edited August 2008
    Oh. Guess your right. It's a good thing I saved my Wii Points (I have 1000) instead of getting DLC for My Life As A King.
  • edited August 2008
    Excellent! I'm looking forward to the game! Great jorb! Better late than never!
  • edited August 2008
    This is good and wonderful - gooderful!
    1. We have confirmation of the game coming out.
    2. Price and date has been established.
    3. I have my birthday the day after the release.
    4. *screaming "Woohoo"*

OT: 1st post!
  • edited August 2008
    So 34.95 and the possibility of a future bonus disc if we get it for the PC, and $50 if we pick it up on the Wii?

Now, I'm extremely torn on which one to get. I'd rather play it on the Wii, but the PC version keeps looking better and better.
  • edited August 2008
    So 34.95 and the possibility of a future bonus disc if we get it for the PC, and $50 if we pick it up on the Wii?

Now, I'm extremely torn on which one to get. I'd rather play it on the Wii, but the PC version keeps looking better and better.

They never once stated that Wii wouldn't get a disc, their official stand is: "It's too early to decide if we are even gonna make one yet"
  • edited August 2008
    They never once stated that Wii wouldn't get a disc, their official stand is: "It's too early to decide if we are even gonna make one yet"
    True, but I don't really see how you could prove you bought the entire season on the Wii. At least not as easily as you can if you get a season pass straight from Telltale's store. Even though it's still only a possibility, it still will factor into my decision.
  • edited August 2008
    True, but I don't really see how you could prove you bought the entire season on the Wii. At least not as easily as you can if you get a season pass straight from Telltale's store. Even though it's still only a possibility, it still will factor into my decision.

The same way you proved if you made a Homestar Mii, and just as easy as that as well. I say that since they did that contest, they had something in mind if they actually have a bonus disc.
  • edited August 2008
    The same way you proved if you made a Homestar Mii, and just as easy as that as well. I say that since they did that contest, they had something in mind if they actually have a bonus disc.

But what's to stop someone from taking a pic from a friends TV who did buy the whole season while they didn't? Yeah I bought the whole season see!
  • edited August 2008
    But what's to stop someone from taking a pic from a friends TV who did buy the whole season while they didn't? Yeah I bought the whole season see!

It's a matter of trust, just like most business arrangements.
  • edited August 2008
    Well, does Nintendo have a record of which Wii console purchased what downloadable games via VC/WiiWare? Assuming so, you could just send in your Wii number.
    This may be completely wrong, but hey, it sounds good!:)
  • edited August 2008
    BadStrong wrote: »
    Well, does Nintendo have a record of which Wii console purchased what downloadable games via VC/WiiWare? Assuming so, you could just send in your Wii number.
    This may be completely wrong, but hey, it sounds good!:)

As a matter of fact, they do. They keep it to restore broken Wiis, so that owners can have all their content refreshed onto a new console. It also records what games you bought so when you bring up the WiiShop it has accurate info. I can't imagine Nintendo wanting to share that information though.
  • edited August 2008
    Oh, god. I'm really happy we have a release date, altough I'll be on vacation that day *prays the hotel has internet access* I will be bringing both my Wii and the laptop, so I am going to have to decide. On one hand, this game was made with the Wii in mind judging by the commercials, so that would probably be the "better" version of the two, but a reduced cost and especially the possibility of a bonus disk would make me want to play the PC version.

Also, did the document state how much memory the games will take up, because that is a pretty big factor.
  • edited August 2008
    How much in Wii points???!!!
  • edited August 2008
    How much in Wii points???!!!

5000 total
  • edited August 2008
    Kaotic_Blu wrote: »
    Oh, god. I'm really happy we have a release date, altough I'll be on vacation that day *prays the hotel has internet access* I will be bringing both my Wii and the laptop, so I am going to have to decide. On one hand, this game was made with the Wii in mind judging by the commercials, so that would probably be the "better" version of the two, but a reduced cost and especially the possibility of a bonus disk would make me want to play the PC version.

Also, did the document state how much memory the games will take up, because that is a pretty big factor.

Telltale has never once stated that Wii owners were not getting a bonus disc, until they say something to the contrary I will continue to defend the fact that I may get a bonus disc that they haven't even said they were making yet, much less restricting to PC.
  • edited August 2008
    You're right, anything could happen, i am just using logic here. Although how useful it is here, I do not know.
  • edited August 2008
    Hahaha. Just the day that I'm going on holiday. Plus I don't have a laptop.
    Ah well, a nice treat for me when I get home, eh? :)

Yay for DVD at the end of the season!

*pre-orders*
  • edited August 2008
    I hope for a bonus disc.Interactive menus, that crap...
  • edited August 2008
    Telltale has never once stated that Wii owners were not getting a bonus disc, until they say something to the contrary I will continue to defend the fact that I may get a bonus disc that they haven't even said they were making yet, much less restricting to PC.

Methinks you missed the fact that he said possibility too. When people say possibility, that means they know it isn't a sure thing.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    If you buy the full season on PC from Telltale's store, you are eligible to get a free disc for the cost of shipping at the end of the run (same deal we offer with Sam & Max). This does not apply to the WiiWare version.

More details.
  • edited August 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    If you buy the full season on PC from Telltale's store, you are eligible to get a free disc for the cost of shipping at the end of the run (same deal we offer with Sam & Max). This does not apply to the WiiWare version.

More details.

Can you put the disk by it's self in the shop for Wii owners?:(
Sign in to comment in this discussion.