To All Telltale Staff...people... a List of "Wants" from us, players!

Hello Telltale Staff/User. I think I represent all of us in saying GREAT GAME! Graphics, Sound, Voice, Gameplay, all are very great!

Now, not all games are perfect. (Yes, Even Monkey Island) This game has it's fare Share of Problems, Glitches, and such... here's a few stuff you may want to fix/change in futrue episodes:

Glitches: The Eye-Disappearing One, in which SB's eyes poof away. Weird. Also, Animation sometimes stops in various places. Spelling/Grammar, too. =P

Length: This episode...twas short. Quite Short. a Mere 2-3 Hours. Sure, there's the Extra's and stuff, but the Main-Plot needs to be lengthened. And a bit More interesting... Which seems to be getting better, I love the Idea of the "Email Tax"

Difficulty: Ok, the Game was way too easy to start up. Sure, we understand this might be a few people's first adventure game, but all the game's beginning was was talking to diffrent Characters. You can do better than that now. =P Let's see some Sam and Max Difficulty!

And that's about it. The Game is great, don't get me wrong, I'd say 8.5/10. If you fix all of this, You'll get a 9.5/10 from me! (-.5 because We want more Homsar!)

Others can put there "Wants" too!

Comments

• edited August 2008
    Glitches: The Eye-Disappearing One, in which SB's eyes poof away. Weird. Also, Animation sometimes stops in various places.

Again: spelling glitches. I understand you can't catch everything though.
    Difficulty: Ok, the Game was way too easy to start up. Sure, we understand this might be a few people's first adventure game, but all the game's beginning was was talking to diffrent Characters. You can do better than that now. =P Let's see some Sam and Max Difficulty!

Eeeeeh... although I love Sam and Max with all my heart and have all the merch, I would kind of like to avoid encountering difficulty of that sort.
  • edited August 2008
    I agree!Longer, and harder!Because then my brother's friends wouldn't be horribly playing crappy songs on Rock Band.
  • Askiba wrote: »
    Eeeeeh... although I love Sam and Max with all my heart and have all the merch, I would kind of like to avoid encountering difficulty of that sort.
    Why not? Oh well. S&M isn't that hard, to begin with, after all. I want a Game that frustrates me, makes me come back an hour later, play some more, frustrate me again, and finally let me come back and WIN!

I love those type of Games. Sam and Max is one of them, and I hope SBCG4AP will join.
  • edited August 2008
    Can you say "more homsar"?
  • edited August 2008
    I was happy that it was longer than I thought it would be, kinda hoped it would have been longer.

Sometimes, saving the game causes it to crash.

EDIT: Extended mode still allows trophies, but you can't get them as easily in the normal way.
  • edited August 2008
    Ninja wrote: »
    I was happy that it was longer than I thought it would be, kinda hoped it would have been longer.

Sometimes, saving the game causes it to crash. And extended freeplay should still allow you to get trophies.

Oh yeah... That too
  • edited August 2008
    Here's a want from an EU user (if not ALL):The release clearly on the main page so we know that a PC preorder is a good idea.
  • edited August 2008
    Ninja wrote: »

Sometimes, saving the game causes it to crash. And extended freeplay should still allow you to get trophies.

I got 3 out of the 4 trophies after the main story (extended play).
  • edited August 2008
    I think there should be more games in which you can continue to up your highscore. This way, there is unlimited re-play action ;)
  • edited August 2008
    Longer, and harder!

Heh
  • edited August 2008
    i want homsar,more story, longer game, and more the cheat.
    and more awsome.
    that dosent change the fact that homestar ruiner is a:Dw:Ds:De:Ds:Do:Dm:De!

lol code.
  • I wonder if anyone in Telltale is even reading this... XD
  • KevinKevin Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    But of course!
  • Yay, I feel *loved*
  • edited August 2008
    The story wasn't too particularly SHORT, per se, it seemed that way because the puzzles were too easy.

This isn't helped by hints being set to Medium by default. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure hints were set to "Off" by default when they became a feature in Sam and Max Season 2.

The KoT's castle and the final puzzle were the only puzzles in the game were satisfying to me. I understand that there is no way to flip a switch and make a puzzle more difficult. But when the bulk of the first fourth of the game is "Go to person, talk to them, get told to talk to next person", I feel like I might as well be watching a movie or in this case a really long Homestar toon.

I would like to have more complex logic puzzles like the two I loved in the above post. I love the Sam and Max episodes because I find myself having to stop playing, and then I contemplate the puzzles while I'm away from the computer.

I'm very hopeful that the difficulty is going to curve upwards through the season, because I felt like this first episode had everything but the difficulty pretty much spot-on. A few issues with the graphics, but it must be really hard to display these characters in 3D. Also, I thought the areas were small, but then I realized that they were just thin. This is probably because the toons are in 2D? Anyway, the areas all seemed really long and thin. I'm not sure if this was intentional.
  • edited August 2008
    More Trogdor please. He's not very enjoyable when he's just a hedge.
  • edited August 2008
    Why not? Oh well. S&M isn't that hard, to begin with, after all. I want a Game that frustrates me, makes me come back an hour later, play some more, frustrate me again, and finally let me come back and WIN!

I love those type of Games. Sam and Max is one of them, and I hope SBCG4AP will join.

Please, just say Sam & Max.Because it's just not right when you initalize it.
  • edited August 2008
    I completly agree with SCP. Its way to short and to easy.
  • edited August 2008
    I personally feel a little less effort should have gone into the Legend of Zelda-esque side quests and more into the puzzles. Things like the whale and the grounded car were cool to see, but I'd say unless they serve some sort of purpose just leave them out. And then, next episode, make some witty comment about how "Woah. I didn't notice these over here last time."
    (Hey, if people are telling you to add stuff, I might as well let you know where you could reduce some focus)
  • edited August 2008
    The car DOES serve a purpose, in a side-quest. ;-)

But yes, I agree.
  • edited August 2008
    I'm having a lot of fun with this game.
    But at the part when you rearange the course for strong bad to beat pom-pom, it always freezes when I move the turtle. when the turtle is about to land, it just freezes. I am forced to unplug the Wii.

does anyone else have this problem and to the people at tell-tale games, are we gonna get compensation for this?
  • edited August 2008
    The only complaint I have is that it was too short. I don't know if harder would be better, but definitely a greater length would be nice. The game is great otherwise, I mean hey, when the people playing it want the game to be longer, it has to be good. Right?
  • edited August 2008
    I spent more timelooking for the explorers trophy than I did before beating the game. More story, less collectible yellow shirt nonsence.
  • edited August 2008
    What I want:
    Season 2
    Soundtrack
    The car to magically start working (Maybe like how you use the Desoto in S&M?)
    A season villan (to me, it feels like the KOT)
  • edited August 2008
    Oh, and a "type crap into the lappy" feature wouldn't hurt. Maybe there could be a easter egg in Strong Badia the Free, you could type in "make king's head explode.exe" and you'd win the game instantly. But then you'd have to name that function something SO random, no one could figure it out.
  • edited August 2008
    how about
    complain about how easy this game is.exe
    nobody will figure that one out
  • edited August 2008
    how about
    complain about how easy this game is.exe
    nobody will figure that one out

But you just said it, sooo...yeah.
  • edited August 2008
    I want an explanation on why it's strongbad.email.exe
  • edited August 2008
    This being the first Telltale game I've played, I didn't really know what to expect besides a kick awesome H*R game. It took me a couple hours, I had to stop and think a few things out at times, and I was kept laughing the whole time. My one complaint is that after you complete it 100% it just kind of...dies. I'd love to see future episodes taken in more of a... I can't think of the word but things like, day/night, sitting down, going on capers with The Cheat, stealing from homestars house while he sleeps, you know, things to make it really feel like you are a part of the H*R world. Great job, keep up the great work.
  • edited August 2008
    Well, Ryebread, this is basically what an adventure game is. You play through the story, and a lot of the draw of an adventure game is the writing and the puzzles. We don't get many adventure games released now, so most people really don't know what to expect. But this is what adventure games do, they pretty much end after the story is over.
  • edited August 2008
    Well, Ryebread, this is basically what an adventure game is. You play through the story, and a lot of the draw of an adventure game is the writing and the puzzles. We don't get many adventure games released now, so most people really don't know what to expect. But this is what adventure games do, they pretty much end after the story is over.

Ah, I get it.
  • edited August 2008
    This doesn't mean that they CANNOT have replay value, or that this is a bad progression. But this is the expected norm for an adventure game. This Strong Bad game has more unnecessary side-missions than Sam and Max, but I think less unnecessary dialogue exists in this game, which I find disappointing.

Anyway, you should try "Abe Lincoln Must Die!" on your computer, it's free and the system requirements are the same as SBCG4AP/very low(if you got SBCG4AP on the Wii).
  • edited August 2008
    The only problems I have are the glitches and the fact that there aren't many clickables per area.

Other than that, it honestly lives up to my expectations. Hell, right after the credits rolled, I was half-tempted to play it again. :D
  • edited August 2008
    Just have to say that I've really enjoyed the game so far. So thanks for that.

So, the one improvement I'd like to see is as such. When you speak to someone, an icon appears over your head. You select these icons to speak. While there are usually 2-3 exchanges per icon, I find that there's no way to know if you've gone through them all or not. As such, I find myself repeating things by accident, and having ti skip through them with the B button.

What I'd like to see is these icons start with a glow behind it, and when you've exhausted those exchanges, the glow goes away. That way I don't have to tap my way through a lengthy exchange. And if I do need to listen again, the option is still there.
  • edited August 2008
    I remember that the Pajama Sam games had different paths to get certain items which were randomized so it added to the replay value of the game because it was different 4-5 times.
  • edited August 2008
    schlew wrote: »
    What I'd like to see is these icons start with a glow behind it, and when you've exhausted those exchanges, the glow goes away. That way I don't have to tap my way through a lengthy exchange. And if I do need to listen again, the option is still there.
    Good idea.
  • edited August 2008
    I for one would like some kind of color around the talk button of that option when they not have more to say but the same, having to hear the same thing again and again from each NPC to confirm to listened to all gets a bit annoying, also the mouse it wierd in some places while clicking he will go out of the screen when clicking on the background, or the wall in strongsad room will cause Strong bad to walk out and down stairs wtf ?.

edit: Pc version :)
  • edited August 2008
    Hey Telltale,

I got the wii version of strongbad yesterday. I was using the Lappy to type a message to some of my friends, and you had to point and click the letters on the virtual keyboard you gave us.....

Here's the problem

THE WII SUPPORTS USB KEYBOARD FUNCTIONALITY!

I can go and do Wii messages with my USB keyboard (with the USB ports in the back) but i can't use my USB keyboard functionality with the lappy? cmon man takes hardwork to use the wii remote with an on screen keyboard.

if you can make an update for the lappy to use USB keyboard functionality that would be excellent. if you can't oh well, but please make sure you have it in for the next episode.

If you don't have it in there because you think it brings authenticity to the lappy, ewll than that just seems a bit odd. strongbad don't hunt and peck man, HE ACTUALLY TYPES likes he's typing on a keyboard, not hunt and peck.

thanks

-Sbob
  • edited August 2008
    how about USB keyboard support for lappy? ;)
  • edited August 2008
    Also, a way to send an e-mail to another e-mail address in the PC version.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.