Congrats on being the most popular Wiiware title!

2»

Comments

• edited September 2008
    Actually, I think you're failing to see the whole point. The real fact of the matter is that a LOT of people out there actually prefer older games to many of these newer ones. I find myself playing SNES and PSX games far more often than the Wii, DS, and GCN.

So for me, the Virtual Console was the primary reason I bought the Wii, aside from it being the best priced console that I could afford (with my fiancee and I splitting the cost). I was seriously bummed that most of the titles on the Virtual Console were crap. I think I have, in all, about ... 10 game channels on my Wii. Nine games from the VC and Strong Bad making it ten. And two of those weren't quite as good as I'd hoped, but it was worth it to try them out since I'd missed them back when the originally came out years ago.

See, I'm one of those people who find a lot of games made today to be either boring, too difficult/easy, too expensive, or just not at all interesting. I've become disenchanted with the video game industry for the most part these last few years, and am basically trying to enjoy the old games that I loved so much. So yeah, the VC and probably the 360's equivelent when I get around to buying one someday, will be very interesting for me. As long as Nintendo gets off it's lazy butt and releases some of the better games. My Nintendo no longer works, although I still have it, so I'd love to be able to replay those games on something OTHER than the computer.
  • edited September 2008
    Yeah, most of the crap titles on the virtual console are horrifying.Dude, if you even CONSIDER buying Cho Aniki, DON'T DO IT.
  • edited September 2008
    Actually, I think you're failing to see the whole point. The real fact of the matter is that a LOT of people out there actually prefer older games to many of these newer ones. I find myself playing SNES and PSX games far more often than the Wii, DS, and GCN.

So for me, the Virtual Console was the primary reason I bought the Wii, aside from it being the best priced console that I could afford (with my fiancee and I splitting the cost). I was seriously bummed that most of the titles on the Virtual Console were crap. I think I have, in all, about ... 10 game channels on my Wii. Nine games from the VC and Strong Bad making it ten. And two of those weren't quite as good as I'd hoped, but it was worth it to try them out since I'd missed them back when the originally came out years ago.

See, I'm one of those people who find a lot of games made today to be either boring, too difficult/easy, too expensive, or just not at all interesting. I've become disenchanted with the video game industry for the most part these last few years, and am basically trying to enjoy the old games that I loved so much. So yeah, the VC and probably the 360's equivelent when I get around to buying one someday, will be very interesting for me. As long as Nintendo gets off it's lazy butt and releases some of the better games. My Nintendo no longer works, although I still have it, so I'd love to be able to replay those games on something OTHER than the computer.

I know what you mean. If you get an XBox 360, get Castle Crashers. Oh, and get Mega Man 9 on whatever platform you choose. My beef with the video game industry nowadays is that they seem to rehash genres in a cookie-cutter fashion: World-War II FPS; Tactical FPS; RTS; latest iteration of Nintendo Franchise made for Wii/DS; MMORPG; GTA Clone; DMC-influenced action game; etc.
    It's as if the game industry isn't even trying anymore. I got Spore, because at least they're trying. Portal: trying and succeeding. With Telltale's games and games like Mega Man 9 (hopefully) and Castle Crashers, if they're not going to give us something new, at least they can take us back to gaming's golden age and give us comfort food.

It's certainly better than getting the latest iteration of Madden or Nintendo's umpteenth version of Starfox for the Wii (the same version I played before, only without Wii Waggle).
  • edited September 2008
    Bad news, people. (and just wait to see who did it)

...I guess it's time now to release episode 2
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2008
    damn you aquarium world! My Aquarium!
  • edited September 2008
    boo boo boo boo boo booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo my aquarium sucks
  • edited September 2008
    Maybe it's just 'cause it's new. Most popular new ones at the top, and most popular not-new ones below?
  • edited September 2008
    Ach it'll all come back when episode 2 is released, always does.

-m0r
  • edited September 2008
    it's new, and it's amusing like a screen saver. I'll pass.
  • edited September 2008
    Strong Badia the Free will dominate the rankings. Can't wait to see Strong Bad take up 2 of the top 5 places. Also, as a side note, Defend Your Castle is one of greatest games ever made. Just my opinion.
  • edited September 2008
    yeah it rocks
  • edited September 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    damn you aquarium world! My Aquarium!

It beat episode 2 as well last I checked:(:mad::mad::mad::(:(!!!!!!! maybe episode 3 will beat that horrid game
  • edited September 2008
    As long as I can't feed fish their own crap, that game sucks.
  • edited September 2008
    Wow. Episode Two's doing worser than Ruiner.
  • edited September 2008
    damn you MegaMan 9!

But then I look at that box art again and... aww, I can't stay mad at you, MegaMan 9.
  • edited September 2008
    Chuck wrote: »
    damn you MegaMan 9!

But then I look at that box art again and... aww, I can't stay mad at you, MegaMan 9.

*slaps you*

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU MAN!?! WERE ALL ABOUT TO GO BANKRUPT AND YOU CAN TALK TO SOME KID WHO'S LIKE JUSTIN BAILEY? I MEAN SAMUS!?! GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER!

"Strongsadioware? Strongsadioware? STRONGSADIOWARE!"
  • edited September 2008
    Chuck wrote: »

Oh, I can stay mad at it. It's frikking Jewel Mane's Stage. And the fact that Galaxy Man, who looks like a UFO, can't turn into Swamp Gas or a Weather Baloon.
  • edited September 2008
    fco. wrote: »

Something's fishy there...
  • edited October 2008
    From vgchartz which we know isnt the most reliable...

TW LW WiiWare Games Weekly Total LTD Revenue
    3 1 Strong Bad Episode 2 5000 15000 $150000
    6 5 Strong Bad Episode 1 3100 61800 $618000

Sales look really strong. Telltale must be happy.
  • edited October 2008
    Mega Man rocks twees, but it kicks my twees harder than a rock.
  • edited October 2008
    GaryCXJk wrote: »
    Mega Man rocks twees, but it kicks my twees harder than a rock.

I hear yah, man.
    DAMN YOU, JEWEL MAN!!!!
  • edited October 2008
    Correction.
    GaryCXJk wrote: »
    Mega Man rocks twees, but it kicks my twees harder than a rock, man.

Fixed.
  • edited October 2008
    Oh my god... I didn't know... I underestimated telltale... or overestimated the opposition. Punish me as said in Sbemail 199. Congrats though
Sign in to comment in this discussion.