Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• edited April 2015

“Hati, if you smack another body of Vodka out of my hand, I will kick you into the sun…

Heheheh now that was funny :P

Interesting bit of backstory about Gargoth. Btw, who was the Mundy that helped the Fable Avengers beat him?

“I remember my father telling me of a man knowing the location to a special material.

This MAN... He sounds familiar to me... XD

MasterStone posted: »

Enter Skoll & Hati Etan’s Castle Hati and his brother Skoll went to visit Etan before going to the council meeting in Fabletow

• You'd have at least 4 kids by now if you started at 19 or 20 dude :D

Ethan is the one that DOESN'T look like Bigby correct? That's Peter who looks like a younger Bigby... Meh, if I had to choose I would go for Peter XP

Is this Mundy from the comics?

pudding_pie posted: »

LOL yes us Catholics and the need to breed like Rabbits. XD Hey, we managed to wait THIS long; least we didn't start at 19 or 20. XD I've

• More like 6, if I'm honest. lol :D

Yes, Ethan is the one that does not look like Bigby. Even though they are faternal twins, they still have SOME similar traits. Yeah, seeing as Peter is a younger Bigby, I'd go gay for a day just to be with Peter. XD Ethan, though. lol

Nope he is not. One of my OC's...

HazzatheMan posted: »

You'd have at least 4 kids by now if you started at 19 or 20 dude Ethan is the one that DOESN'T look like Bigby correct? That's Peter wh

• 6 kids... Lord take me to whatever awaits if I have 6 kids :O

Peter is hot, Ethan is 'boyish' (I am not gay)

And you don't mind me using him in a one-shot wherein Nick will go Jack the Ripper on his ass?

More like 6, if I'm honest. lol Yes, Ethan is the one that does not look like Bigby. Even though they are faternal twins, they still hav

• edited April 2015

Told you. We Catholics breed like Rabbits. lol But at the time, she and I were dirt poor and there was NO way we could take care of a baby...

I'm not gay either but comfortable enough to say when a man DOES look good and dammnit, Peter & his brother are studs! XD

No please by all means. :) This guy will get his in time....>:)

6 kids... Lord take me to whatever awaits if I have 6 kids :O Peter is hot, Ethan is 'boyish' (I am not gay) And you don't mind me using him in a one-shot wherein Nick will go Jack the Ripper on his ass?

• Does pre-school teaching pay that well? I mean... rent must be a huge kick to your pay-checks balls right?

Same as me: I can easily make such a comment, doesn't mean I want to get with a guy in reality :P

I will wait until you reveal his name and what he looks like. What I WAS going to do was have Nick call him Mr. X, and the guy would be BIG (tall and well-built, good built cuz he's been in prison) with brown hair and green eyes, maybe a deeper voice cuz of his size...

But I will wait now...

Told you. We Catholics breed like Rabbits. lol But at the time, she and I were dirt poor and there was NO way we could take care of a baby..

• edited April 2015

Like all jobs, you start at the bottom and make your way up. But we do get paid pretty well; it ranges from $21 and hour an up and the rent is not that bad right now. The new place, yeah, it costs a pretty penny but we got this. :)

Mr. X is indeed a big guy and not just because of prison. His father is a monsterous man himself...and Nick can have all the fun once Ethan deals with him, of course. >:D

Does pre-school teaching pay that well? I mean... rent must be a huge kick to your pay-checks balls right? Same as me: I can easily make

• $21+ dollars an hour sounds pretty good! At least you know you've got this instead of just 'hoping for the best' you know?

Lol Ethan be like "Hey Nick, I've got this asshole-"

Nick turns around "What'd he do?"

Ethan looks a little surprised "Uhh, well he abused his girlfriend relentlessly and he gave his daughter severe mental disabilities, though it was an accident of sorts..."

Nick smiles and puts an arm around Ethan's shoulders "Give me a name and a description and your problem is gone"

Ethan was a little afraid of Nick at this moment "What will you do?"

Nick stares Ethan in the eye with a very sinister grin plastered on his face "Would you like nightmares or to just leave me to it?"

Ethan practically whispers "I'll leave you to it..."

Like all jobs, you start at the bottom and make your way up. But we do get paid pretty well; it ranges from $21 and hour an up and the rent

• Yeah it works out. I can recall a time when we had no $$ and we struggled but its been good. I like the job, too. :3

Ethan and Nick (I know Nick works alone BUUUUT a man can dream XD) Would make one hell of a team. Ethan pushes this jerk around while Nick takes on the dark, twisted punishment that leave fools like this asshole BEGGING for Death...>:D

$21+ dollars an hour sounds pretty good! At least you know you've got this instead of just 'hoping for the best' you know? Lol Ethan be l

• You pushed through it together, how many couples in your situation can say that I wonder? :D

Nick isn't like Bigby in that sense. While Bigby would only ever have Snow or one of his Cubs as a partner or sidekick, Nick just prefers working alone as extra people need 'babysitting' in his opinion...

Nick would work with Ethan if he had to no problem, but Ethan would get scared of Nick. If not his methods, then his sudden shift in personality...

Yeah it works out. I can recall a time when we had no $$ and we struggled but its been good. I like the job, too. Ethan and Nick (I know

• I think they're both freakin' hot, I'd go for either man XD Ugh, the abs -insert heart eyed smiley face-

6 kids... Lord take me to whatever awaits if I have 6 kids :O Peter is hot, Ethan is 'boyish' (I am not gay) And you don't mind me using him in a one-shot wherein Nick will go Jack the Ripper on his ass?

• I'VE GOT THE PERFECT IDEA

YES MY PREVIOUS VAMPIRES WILL BE INCLUDED

I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT TO DO

YOU'VE CREATED A MONSTER, THREAD MASTER! (Had to XD)

Challenge Idea: Step 1 So! Vampires. No, I don't mean the ones who sparkle. I'm talking about the ones you knew were badasses the moment

• The Mundy who help beat Gargoth name was Meg. Her ancestors are one of the few Mundies who know about Fables and thier existence, and I'm hoping to bring her in for again.

“Hati, if you smack another body of Vodka out of my hand, I will kick you into the sun… Heheheh now that was funny :P Interesting

• I'd do them both. No lie. XD

LOL yes us Catholics and the need to breed like Rabbits. XD Hey, we managed to wait THIS long; least we didn't start at 19 or 20. XD I've

• Not too sure if I'll participate in this challenge but who knows. :3 I like the idea, however and think everyone so far agrees with Vampires.

Challenge Idea: Step 1 So! Vampires. No, I don't mean the ones who sparkle. I'm talking about the ones you knew were badasses the moment

• Starting a Porgie Clan

That...is....freaking....adorable!! :D YES!

LOL Looks that way, huh? XD Thanks man. Big family is what I stride for!

• edited April 2015

Chapter 9: Erste Freund.

As I rose from the bed the following morning, the shifting of the bed under my weight woke Gertraud. Without a word she and I left the bed and went to our piles of clothes, remaining turned while changing as we did last night.

It had been bugging me since the subject was brought up. “Why is it you are so blasé about allowing a stranger like I to sleep in the same bed as you.” I asked.

“You saved my life and I was not going to let you sleep on the floor. Plus, it would be awkward for Schultz to see you on the floor if he were to enter.” She answered. “Why? Do you want to sleep on the floor?”

“I was just curious as to why you of all people would allow such.”

“What do you mean me ‘of all people’?” growled she.

“You are feisty, sarcastic and quite pushy.” I answered

“That does not mean I am incapable of kind acts.” she chuckled. “Even the Wolf himself would be capable of such acts.”

That I was not sure of, but I understood what she was saying.

“Are you finished?” she asked.

“Dressed enough that you won’t see anything.”

As I placed my belt on, I heard the door open and shut. I left my dagger and satchel behind, taking only the sabre. I walked downstairs to see Gertraud seated at a table in the corner, eating from a loaf of bread, the entire place deserted save for me and her. Seating myself opposite her, she motioned to the piece of bread, expressing unspoken permission for me to eat from it.

“Where did you get that loaf?” I questioned.

“I took it from the store cupboard, leaving four pieces of silver in its place.”

“Where did you get these pieces?”

“From the seven we earned last night.” she deadpanned. “I may have the ability to thief but I am no pickpocket.”

“Schultz can understand English!” I scathed in a whisper.

“Not when he is asleep.” She countered.

“You always have an answer for everything.” I expressed.

“And I can tell you are enjoying trying to find a way to outsmart me.” She forced through her grin.

She was not wrong. I had enjoyed the bickering between us. It was as if it were a game that never ended, going in circles and repeating. It was first time since I could remember that I had any social interactions with anyone.

“I can see a slight blush forming.” she mocked. “Our pale skin is annoying at times, is it not?”

She was not making it up either. I was slightly blushing.

“Have I broken the Hunter?” she continued.

“You are incorrigible, Gertraud.” I said in feigned annoyance.

“I am aware.”

The following night was much like the last: Loud, busy, crowded and joined by the odd patron or two bold enough to whistle at Gertraud, right before they would slinking back when met with a scowl either from I or her. And again, like last night, we were handed our pay and dismissed by Schultz before heading to bed. The awkwardness of the situation still present, but somewhat diminishing. For the years to come, the discomfort would gradually subside and eventually cease.

AUTHOR’S NOTE: The story will experience a time jump in the next chapter.

As you may have guessed from this chapter, I am introducing a romance. It will form and shape as the centuries go by.

Expect another chapter later today (today here at least :D)

• Days to come...

Many years have passed since the war in wonderland...

Kieron woke up in his room, he got up took a shower and began to get dressed. He put on a grey collar shirt with a black tie, he put on black baggy pants, and put on his black leather boots. Last he put on a large black trench coat. He walked out of his room and into his house. He went into his kitchen and checked his messages in his email. He lived in Fabletown, and became a military general for hire, if somebody was willing to pay he'd lead their army to victory no matter the cost, whether it'd be Mundy or Fable army. When he checked his email he saw one for both Mundy and Fable. He took on the Fable job as he liked those wars the best as he liked to fight once in a while. It seemed it was a small revolt taking on a bigger town. He smirked and thought that it was too easy. He cooked breakfast and told the small revolt he'd be there soon. After he ate he slid on his white gloves and left his house.

In the homelands...

Kieron had arrived at the small revolts base he looked at their army. They had no more than five thousand men from what he could see. He saw the bigger town from afar and instantly came up with a plan to take it over. But there will have to be casualties. Although it sucked Kieron didn't care he would achieve victory, pay, and a little fun of his own. The revolts leader came up to him.

"You're Kieron right? Tell us what to do and we'll do it." He said

"Gather all your men. We're going to win this in one swoop." Kieron said

The revolt leader gathered his men. Kieron stood on a box and crossed his arms. "Today a thousand of you will sacrifice yourself. Will you please step forward, if a thousand men do not step up you will all die and I will leave." He said

The revolt leader spoke up.

"Who do you think you are!?" He said

Kieron expressionless watched as a thousand scared men walked up. "Now I want two teams of fifteen hundred men, the rest will follow me to take out the leader while you take them by surprise." Kieron said

The army divided and followed Kierons orders. When night hit everything was set in place. He gave the team of a thousand men the word to go in. Just as he had planned the other army was ready for them and the team began to fall quickly. He gave the two teams their order and took the larger towns army comepletely by surprise. He then took his squadron of men and began to take over their main base. His plan was going just as planned, sadly the squad of a thousand men had perished. However since they took the rest of the army by surprise they had minimal casualties wiping out the rest and taking some hostage. Kierons squad has had no casualties so far and had just stormed the command center. Before anybody in the command center could even react they had taken it over. The commander of the army had deep blue hair, he held a sword and shield. Kieron held his hand in the air.

"He's mine, you may return to base. Tell your leader I want payment when I return."

The soldiers nodded and left. Kieron had forgotten his sword but he didn't really need it. He had blood on him and a little around him. He tightened his white gloves.

"You're the sheriff's son I presume?" Kieron asked

"Yeah, so?" He said

"Since you are the sheriff operatives son I won't kill you. I'd hate to ruin relations." Kieron said

The commander grunted and charged. At this point Kieron was a master at martial arts. When the commander swung his sword Kieron moved to the side, Kieron swiftly disarmed the man's shield and hit him with it. Kieron activated his blood magic as the man stumbled and restricted him. At this point the screams of the people who died didn't bother him anymore so he could remain comepletely in control. He walked towards the commander.

"This war is over." Kieron said

"Shit..." The man with deep blue hair said.

Kieron collected his pay and brought the man with deep blue hair back to the sheriff operative in the homelands.

"What are you doing here Kieron?" Makoto asked

"I found your son playing leader in the homelands. Just be thankful it was me who found him." Kieron said dropping the man and released his restriction.

Makoto kneeled and lifted his son. "Thanks, I'll be sure to keep a better eye on him with what he's doing."

Kieron left without saying a word.

"Ow..." The man said holding his head "Why is he like that?" The man asked

"Who could blame him? From what I was told anybody would be like that after what he's been through. Maybe someday he'll change." Makoto said "What were you doing there anyways?" Makoto asked

"I'll tell you later." The man said

Back in Kierons house...

Kieron took off his trench coat and tie. He slid off his gloves. He cooked dinner, and got in bed. He closed his eyes and began to sleep...

That's it! This chapter is to show what kind of man Kieron is for Stones story as it takes place after Kierons main story. Next main story chapter will be tomorrow! Any questions or comments or anything else let me know! :D

• Since all the yes comments have outweighed the disinterested or unsure replies so far, it seems I have created monsters plural. :P Nevertheless, this is only the first step!

EMMYPESS posted: »

I'VE GOT THE PERFECT IDEA YES MY PREVIOUS VAMPIRES WILL BE INCLUDED I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT TO DO YOU'VE CREATED A MONSTER, THREAD MASTER! (Had to XD)

• You have four months including the rest of April to decide, as I'll be allowing late 'entries' to be written for this particular challenge! Just don't decide too late now.

JJwolf posted: »

Not too sure if I'll participate in this challenge but who knows. I like the idea, however and think everyone so far agrees with Vampires.

• Can't wait for step two!

Since all the yes comments have outweighed the disinterested or unsure replies so far, it seems I have created monsters plural. :P Nevertheless, this is only the first step!

• edited April 2015

Chapter 10: Wir sind freunden, nicht? July, 6th, 1669.

Many things had happened in the 169 years since we arrived in Germany. In 1531, at the age of 54, Schultz was killed when he was attacked by a patron of die stumpfe Klinge. The killer was caught and sent to the gallows of course. The man, I was told, killed Schultz over a monetary issue. I and Gertraud, being the longest working employees and Schultz with no other heirs, inherited die stumpfe Klinge. Within the time between then and 1649, Gertraud and I had become so fluent in German and English that we could alternate at will and never trip over our tongues. We never could find other workers and thus were left to run the tavern by ourselves. It was not easy, but it was enjoyable. I had never run my own establishment and as such it was a novel experience. Gertraud had a very adept understanding of economics from her merchant days thus making her the manager of finances as well as a barmaid while I was a bartender doubling as an enforcer.

It was July the 18th, 1669. We were closing the tavern to clean up after a bloody brawl. Earlier that day, a man had entered a fierce argument with a mercenary over whom it was that owned a plot of land. This argument turned into a scuffle between the two, while the friends of both parties engaged each other. The guards had to be brought in to settle the incident. Three patrons were left dead, dragged away with the living culprits. We were compensated in three gold coins before being left to clean up what remained.

As we were scrubbing the floor, a voice spoke up from before me.

“A letter for Mr Jagd and Miss Richter.” spoke a male voice.

We froze. This person knew Gertrauds last name. I was meant to be the only one who knew her real name. I stood to face the owner of the voice, a thin, blonde haired adolescent. Gertraud’s expression was one of mortification.

T
    “How do you know her last name?” I demanded.

“That is what I was told her last name was. Is it something else?” answered he.

Ignoring his question I snatched the letter and firmly told him to remain until I dismissed him.

Upon the letter was a red seal with a Gothic ‘F’. I walked over to Gertraud, presenting the letter for her to read. Without a word she snatched it and began to read.

As she read the letter, her expression softened into one of relief. Once she had finished she dismissed the boy and handed me the letter.

“Read it, Hunter.” She said.

FOR THE EYES OF MR ALFRED JAGD AND MISS GERTRAUD RICHTER OF NORDENLAND.

WE EXTEND TO YE THE OFFER OF A HAVEN, AWAY FROM THE EYES OF THE MUNDANE PEOPLE OF THIS WORLD IN THE DUTCH-NEW WORLD COLONY OF NEW AMSTERDAM. THIS HAVEN, NAMED FABLETOWN, IS A SECRETIVE, CLANDESTINE COMMUNITY MEANT EXCLUSIVELY FOR THE ASYLUM OF FABLES EVERYEWHERE, INCLUDING YOURSELVES

UPON ARRIVAL IN THE NEW WORLD, YE SHALL BE ESCORTED FORTHWITH TO THE FABLETOWN BUSINESS OFFICE WHEREUPON YE SHALL BE ASSESSED BY OUR NEWLY APPOINTED SHERRIF. FOLLOWING APPROVAL, YE SHALL SIGN THE GENERAL AMNESTY THUS ABSOLVING ALL PAST CRIMES AGAINST FELLOW FABLES AND MUNDANE PEOPLES ALIKE.

WE AWAIT YOUR REPLY SHOULD YE ACCEPT.

SIGNED ICHABOD CRANE, DEPUTY MAYOR OF FABLETOWN.

I laid the letter on the table where Gertraud had seated herself before sitting down next to her. Her mind was deep in thought. We sat there for close to a half-hour, pondering over the letter before I spoke up.

“Your face will become wrinkled if you continue to furrow your brow.”

A chuckle escaped her mouth. “I think I am rubbing off on you.”

“Maybe.” I said.

“Well, we have been friends for over a century now, so it makes sense.”

“I did not know we were friends.” I replied.

She looked at me incredulously. “We have eaten, drunken, slept, celebrated, toiled and lived together under the same roof for 169 years. We would have to be friends if nothing else.”

“I know, I was just toying with you as you would have done me.” I returned.

“I am indeed rubbing off on you. Maybe within the next two centuries you might develop a pair of fine, full breasts.”

I fell into a fit of laughter for the next few seconds before running out of breath.

“What of this letter though?” she asked.

I answered when I finally caught my breath. “I think we should stay here. Our lives are comfortable and leaving for uncertainty like we did in the Hesse is hardly something I would want to do again. Voyages to the New World take close to two months if you make it and I do not think we should risk it. You?”

“I concur. It would simply be too large a gamble. Besides, I do not want you regurgitating over me from sea-sickness and thus suffering a slow dead by my hand.”

I gave a laugh.

With that it was settled. We were focused on the Tavern. The rest of the world that was not within sight was immaterial.

“We should resume scrubbing.” Gertraud said.

“Indeed, Traudl.”

AUTHOR’S NOTE: The next few chapters will detail their friendships evolution.

Before tells me how Crane delegated most if not all work to Snow White, I already know this. In this story she was the one who wrote the letter on his behalf while Crane merely signed it as a formality.

I return to school tomorrow and thus my uploads will be less constant.

PS: I have come up with a title for the story only a score of chapters in! I feel unfathomably dumb for not doing so before. And the title I have decided on is so simple! I do not know what possessed me.

A Hunter and a Merchant.

• You man-whore :P

JJwolf posted: »

I'd do them both. No lie. XD

• I couldn't write a chapter on a tablet, I would give up so quickly what with all the typing errors :P

Tetra posted: »

Oh I do have one, in fact when I first joined that's what I used to type my chapters. I just enjoyed using the tablet because it's a lot smaller although I may go back to using the laptop XD Lol glad I could boost your day with my nonsense man! XD

• Agh! You shouldn't have named her Meg!

SO MANY FAMILY GUY JOKES RUNNING THROUGH MY HEAD RIGHT NOW!!!!! XP

MasterStone posted: »

The Mundy who help beat Gargoth name was Meg. Her ancestors are one of the few Mundies who know about Fables and thier existence, and I'm hoping to bring her in for again.

• We all knew a romance was forming between them dude, the way they interact is like Bigby and Snow in the early days of Fables :P

I liked this chapter, not much happened but it was fun to see Gertraud continue making Alfred feel stupid :D

I shall read more! XD

Chapter 9: Erste Freund. As I rose from the bed the following morning, the shifting of the bed under my weight woke Gertraud. Without a w

• edited April 2015

So is this a glimpse of the future, or just a one-shot of sorts?

Kieron taking on Mundy jobs sounds risky... He'd be exposing himself as a Fable :/

Either way, Kieron has become one cold son of a bitch! Damn boy...

Makoto's son being the commander surprised me, though I love how Makoto's like "I'll keep an eye on him in the future" when his son is responsible for the death's of easily 1,000 men!!! Heartless much?! XP

I await more from you dude! XD

Tetra posted: »

Days to come... Many years have passed since the war in wonderland... Kieron woke up in his room, he got up took a shower and began to

• edited April 2015

After 169 years, Alfred and Gertraud DIDN'T become an item? Well there is time yet, it took BigbyxSnow 300 years to finally decide "I love you with every fibre of my being" :)

I think them ignoring Fabletown will have repercussions in the future...

Also, after 169 years, has no one clicked that these 2 haven't aged a day?! They are in the company of Mundies every night :/

Well good luck going back to school, I miss it in a weird way of speaking. So I look forward to more from you! XD

Chapter 10: Wir sind freunden, nicht? July, 6th, 1669. Many things had happened in the 169 years since we arrived in Germany. In 1531, at

• It is also quite unlike Bigby and Snow in that it shall slowly evolve throughout the centuries, whereas Bigby and Snow's love was unrequited for all those centuries before a certian Remembrance Day ball and the events during the following months following.

The chapters will slow down to allow the Relationship of Gertraud and Alfred to develop.

I am also noticing one or two grammatical errors showing up in this chapter after posting it and for that I apologise.

We all knew a romance was forming between them dude, the way they interact is like Bigby and Snow in the early days of Fables :P I liked

• I didn't notice any errors but if you say so :)

It is also quite unlike Bigby and Snow in that it shall slowly evolve throughout the centuries, whereas Bigby and Snow's love was unrequited

• edited April 2015

You go to a tavern to spend your silver and gold on wenches and drink, not pay attention to the owners faces. In addition, people back then scarce made it pass 40 years of age.
    Plus, bribary helps and Gertrauds experience in money has earned them enough to bribe people (this will come in handy later with Fabletown) for several years to come. Those that do not comply simply 'disappear'.

On the advancement in there relationship (or a lack thereof), they have become good friends as I have tried to make evident in this chapter. Bigby and Snow where quote "just colleagues" for those few centuries.

I thank you for reading these first ten chapters, man.

After 169 years, Alfred and Gertraud DIDN'T become an item? Well there is time yet, it took BigbyxSnow 300 years to finally decide "I love y

• edited April 2015

You should've explained all that in the chapter. The 'disappear' part makes them both sound like monsters... And every tavern has regulars, so you're just gonna kill them if money isn't good enough? I can't get on-board with that, sorry.

Bigby and Snow were married through work and everyone knew it. Even after they get properly married not much changes in their arguing :P

I read everything dude, you write well :D

You go to a tavern to spend your silver and gold on wenches and drink, not pay attention to the owners faces. In addition, people back then

• I shall endevour to improve.

You should've explained all that in the chapter. The 'disappear' part makes them both sound like monsters... And every tavern has regulars,

• We all make mistakes man :)

Just know that I do enjoy your chapters! XD

I shall endevour to improve.

• edited April 2015

EUREKA!!!!!

I have come up with a way to explain all these unexplained things in the next chapter.

So as to not spoil the story I shan't tell you but can assure you it will all be explained.

You should've explained all that in the chapter. The 'disappear' part makes them both sound like monsters... And every tavern has regulars,

• If you found a way then awesome! :D

EUREKA!!!!! I have come up with a way to explain all these unexplained things in the next chapter. So as to not spoil the story I shan't tell you but can assure you it will all be explained.

• edited April 2015

Chapter 11: Kein mehr. August, 17th, 1675.

“We need to talk.” said Gertraud.

“Over what?” said I.

“We cannot keep on bribing people forever.”

We were in the storeroom, sitting on a barrel each, facing the other.

“Why not?” I asked.

“Because I never want ‘that’ to happen again.” She explained.

The day prior, I had caught a man speaking to patrons about the amount of time we had owned this place and our lack of aging. He had been a regular for 23 years. Most people back then would reach 30 before dropping dead, having only spent little over a decade as a regular. This was not enough time to notice our ‘slow’ aging process. In the 175 years we owned the place, only four ever developed suspicions over our true nature. They were easily made to ‘forget’ through coin. Yesterday, I approached him over it on his way home, offering 27 gold pieces in exchange for his silence. Unfortunately, he refused, forcing me to slit his throat. I hated myself for doing so, but I tried to forgive myself by saying it was necessary. Gertraud saw it differently.

“I-We had no choice. He could have exposed us.” I reasoned.

“We can’t just kill someone over something like this; he could even have had a family.”

“You and I both know he was a loner.”

“And tell me what happens when someone who does comes along and follows in his footsteps?”

I stood there, trying to thinking of something. In the end I came up with nought.

“I do not know.” I replied in a low voice.

“What happens if someone just straight up tells the guards?”

“I do not know.” A normal voice.

“What happens when the amount of deaths reaches so high a number it leaves a finger, pointing straight at us?”

“I do not know!”

“What happens to our conscience, our souls, our being, our morality?!”

“I DO NOT KNOW!!!!!” I boomed. “WHAT SOLUTION DO YOU PROPOSE, OR ARE YOU JUST ARGUING WITH ME OVER NOTHING?!!!”

“I have no solution!” she raised her voice. “I was hoping you would! We need to change our methods so that we remain at one death! If not for the sake of others, for the sake of ourselves!" She paused before continuing. "We should have accepted Fabletowns offer."

Fabletown. Eureka!

“If we-“

“That’s it! Fabletown!” I interrupted. “How do you think this community remains a secret?”

“Magic would be my guess, where are you going with-oh. I think I know what you are thinking!”

“If Fabletown is like any other Fable community, magic has a price there.” I continued. “How does the non-human population pass as human?”

“Glamours!” she said.

“Glamours can be applied to any object: a chair, a bottle, a painting it is also-“

“-Probably applied to the entire town.”

“If we send a payment along with a chip of wood from the wall-“

“-along with something from our bodies, they could produce glamours for us and die Stumpfe Klinge! Finally! You came up with the plan this time!”

“Prepare three bags of silver from the bank, Traudl.” I ordered. “I shall prepare a-.”

She had left.

“I WILL RETURN WITH THE SILVER” she called back.

I took from the storeroom a pen, parchment and inkwell, sitting at a table in the deserted tavern.

MR ICHABOD CRANE.

WHILE YOUR INSTITUTION’S OFFER OF ASYLUM WAS QUITE CHARITABLE OF YOU, I MUST REJECT FOR WE ARE CONTENT WITH OUR LIVES HERE IN BERLIN. I DO, HOWEVER, OFFER A TRANSACTION. ATTACHED TO THIS LETTER IS THREE BAGS OF SILVER AND THE MEANS TO PRODUCE A CERTAIN SPELL. WE WISH TO BE SENT THREE GLAMOURS: ONE FOR I, ANOTHER FOR GERTRAUD AND ONE FOR THE TAVERN SO AS TO HIDE OURSELVES FROM THE MUNDANE POPULACE. I AND GERTRAUD WILL PAY YOU LONG TERM FOR THIS ARRANGMENT.

SIGNED ALFRED JAGD: THE FORMER HUNTSMAN OF THE BLACK FOREST.

(Two years later, September, 3rd, 1677.)

“HUNTER, WE HAVE A RESPONSE!!

I stopped scrubbing the bar. Racing for the doorway were Gertraud was now standing.

“From whom, Traudl?!” I asked.

“Look for yourself!” she said as she passed me a letter from a package in her hand.

“I think you should head upstairs to avoid ‘prying eyes’.” she added, motioning with her free hand towards the stairs.I nodded in agreement.

“Put that package somewhere safe, yeah?” I whispered.

“Of course.”

I went straight up the stairs and down the hall to our room. I eagerly unravelled the letter as I sat on the foot of the bed.

It read:

MR JAGD.

AS OF MY WRITING OF THIS, THE MAYOR AND DEPUTY MAYOR ARE INDISPOSED, BUT PRIOR TO SUCH THE DEPUTY HAD GIVEN YOUR OFFER APPROVAL AND I WRITE THIS ON HIS BEHALF.

WITHIN THIS PACKAGE IS THREE GLAMOURS, EACH LABELLED TO THEIR INTENDED SUBJECT, AND INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO INSTITUTE THEM. THE MONEY YOU SENT WAS MORE THAN ENOUGH TO AFFORD THE BEST QUALITY GLAMOURS PRODUCABLE, AND THUS WE RETURN TO YOU 34 PIECES OF SILVER FROM YOUR ORIGINAL PAYMENT.

THE SPELLS EACH SHOULD YEILD FOR THE FOLLOWING ELEVEN MONTHS FROM THE INSTIGATION OF USE FORTHWITH. WE WILL CONTINUE TO PRODUCE AND SEND GLAMOURS ON A HALF-YEARLY CYCLE SO LONG AS A PAYMENT OF 90 SILVER PIECES IS MET WITHING EACH CYCLE.

THE GLAMOURS HAVE BEEN DESIGNED FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE SO THAT THEY ONLY AFFECT YOUR OUTWARD APPEARANCE TO MUNDANE PEOPLES. THESE GLAMOURS ARE AMONGST THE MOST DELICATE AND TIME-CONSUMING SPELLS TO MAKE. IT IS BECAUSE OF THIS THAT THE CYCLE IS FIVE MONTHS PRECEDING THE INTENDED EXPIRATION.

ANY LATE PAYMENTS WILL NULLIFY THIS ARRANGEMENT.

SNOW WHITE: ASSISTANT TO THE DEPUTY MAYOR OF FABLETOWN, ICHABOD CRANE.

AUTHORS NOTE: I simply felt I must upload another chapter to fill in some gaps pointed out to me in the previous chapter by Hazzatheman (Gramercy to he).

• Now that sounds like something that Snow would authorise!!

I highly doubt Crane accepted that offer, but good ol' Snow is perfection for it :D

I don't know what to make of Alfred and Gertraud though, they aren't evil people, but they aren't good people either... We shall see how they develop.

I wonder where the story will go now? They should've just gone to Fabletown imo :P

I await more! XD

Chapter 11: Kein mehr. August, 17th, 1675. “We need to talk.” said Gertraud. “Over what?” said I. “We cannot keep on bribing peopl

• edited April 2015

Alfred was in the heat of the moment and had no other option in sight and acted out of impulse.

I would not lable Traudl or Al as being good or bad, but doing their best to get by in a world that would see them punished if the truth were found out.

They have adopted Berlin as their home. As was explained in chapter 10, they already gave up one home and do not want to take a treacherous voyage across the Atlantic whereupon they could become 'lost at sea' to give up their adopted home in favour of a new one.

I did not include this in the chapter because of the first-person perspective, but you are right. Snow went behind Crane's back and authorised the transaction. Snow was Mayor in all but name due to his and Cole's chronic delagation after all, and I am sure Crane would be too slack to even suspect a thing back then or any other time for that matter.

Now that sounds like something that Snow would authorise!! I highly doubt Crane accepted that offer, but good ol' Snow is perfection for

• This is a glimpse of the future yes and also how he will act in Stones story :3

He hardly ever does them, and if he did it'd never be back to back, and the span between them would be a very very long time.

He's a whole new person in the aftermath of his story! Wonder what happened? :(

Basically Makoto knows what Kieron is capable of and doesn't want to anger him as even Makoto gets chills when Kieron is around. Hey at this point who knows how many men Kieron is responsible for after all those years! XD To him a thousand men is child's play! XD Makoto will punish him of course I just forgot to put those lines in as I was focused on showing Kierons character XD

Cool! :D

So is this a glimpse of the future, or just a one-shot of sorts? Kieron taking on Mundy jobs sounds risky... He'd be exposing himself as

Sign in to comment in this discussion.