Behind the Bad: The Making of Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People

EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
We've just released the first in a series of short documentaries that shows what it's really like to work with Telltale on an episodic game series...

Behind the Bad Chapter One: The New Hire
Behind the Bad Chapter Two: The Heist (with alternate extended version)

Comments

• edited August 2008
    Aww, crap. My old iMac can't play the video at a tollarable rate... but what I saw in the poppy maddness looked good! Although neaither my PS3 or my Wii can play it. :/
  • edited August 2008
    hey is there a Chapter 2 coming?
  • edited August 2008
    Awesome! I want a lowly door-man, too!
  • edited August 2008
    Wouldn't it be a mockumentary since you actually didn't communicate and phyically see Strong Bad in his awesome flesh? Or did you? Hmmmm...
  • edited August 2008
    I laughed, I cried, I showed a moderate amount of surprise at how seamless Strong Bad looked against the surroundings. Truly a jorb well done.
  • edited August 2008
    Huh it isnt a rick roll... my world has been turned upside down.
  • edited August 2008
    hey wait a minute someone forgot to add strong bads shadow a few times!
  • edited August 2008
    Huh it isnt a rick roll... my world has been turned upside down.

personally, i prefer rick astley.
  • edited August 2008
    First in a series?! Woo-hoo!
    My comment on the blog was "PLEASE do more of these in the future", so I can tick that off. Secondly, "Is the doorman Nick?". If so, I'm suprised a classic "durrr" quote wasn't thrown in for good measure. :p
    Why were some people's faces blurred and other's not? Did you get their permission to film them, or did you just blur some faces to give a documentary effect?
  • Great job with Strong Bad's shadows... XD Great video!

and yeah, that looked like Nick holding the Door... =P
  • edited August 2008
    That's just like a little French town I call Nice.

-m0r
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    Why were some people's faces blurred and other's not? Did you get their permission to film them, or did you just blur some faces to give a documentary effect?

We blurred the ones the most easy to make out, which they were by a long shot.
  • edited August 2008
    I wish I had a room with all corners. D=
  • edited August 2008
    That was great :D

Pretty well done, too.. he blended in pretty well, surprisingly.
  • edited August 2008
    AWESOME!! Strong bad in the RAEL W0RLDZ!
    He's so small though?
    edited August 2008
    The video's up on our site now as well, awaiting your comments and embedding on your own websites :)
  • edited August 2008
    This video was awesome! Who assembled it!?
  • edited August 2008
    That's awesome! I wasn't expecting anything like this for the "watch this space" space.
  • edited September 2008
    Hey I just thought of something....
    If SB is so small in the real world,than
    an average size person would be like as tall as
    Strong Mad
  • edited September 2008
    I think Strong Bad's height is a matter of opinion, to be honest. I mean, there's been times where it feels like SB is actually a teenager. Then you have the times where he feels like he's in his 20's, despite not really acting like someone of the older spectrum. Remember that deal with him not getting into the movies?

Oh, and yes, the times where you see his shadow, that makes it look so much more believable than him not having one. It really does feel more immersive. But hey, not having a shadow isn't too bad, either. The animation was fluid and smooth. I can't wait for the next one of these.
  • edited October 2008
    Looks like I got the drop on our Telltale overlords. Gametrailers just popped this sucker up:
    Behind the Bad Chapter Deuce!
    edited October 2008
    Indeed!

poster.jpg
    Behind the Bad: Chapter 2: The Heist

Office relations break down and Strong Bad decides to take matters into his own hands.

We'll have a gratuitous extended cut up in a few minutes, with more interviews.
  • edited October 2008
    Yay, I've been waiting forever for that thing!!! Strong Bad doesn't like Grossman does he?
  • edited October 2008
    is the computer screens from 2:23 to 2:28 the Telltale Tool?:confused:
  • edited October 2008
    Heh kind of. Half of that screen is a dos prompt barfing out some windows logs :)
  • edited October 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    Heh kind of. Half of that screen is a dos prompt barfing out some windows logs :)
    heh, dos. this long later and it's still barfin out stuff:p
  • edited October 2008
    I find it somewhat ironic that Strong Bad says to "stop living in the past", considering that 98% of the games he's looking at are more advanced than anything he's ever played. xD
  • edited October 2008
    lol, yeah. I've actually played one of those PJ Sam games, and they are being ported to the wii also.
  • edited October 2008
    Emily, look out! SB's on da prowl!
  • edited October 2008
    Hilarious, loved the Monkey Island reference.
  • edited October 2008
    0:28... What's up with Strong Bad on the left computer screen? Did someone taser him? This from BotB?

Anyways, this is great.
  • edited October 2008
    Hi, Grossman!
  • edited October 2008
    Yellowtail wrote: »
    0:28... What's up with Strong Bad on the left computer screen? Did someone taser him? This from BotB?

Anyways, this is great.
    that is from the preview of BotB
  • edited October 2008
    (Continued from my comment on the original version)

No seriously you guys hiring?
  • edited October 2008
    (Continued from my comment on the original version)

No seriously you guys hiring?

Depends on what job you are looking for. You should check out our job page at http://www.telltalegames.com/company/jobs/ to see if you fit any of the positions.
  • edited October 2008
    If Strong Bad had remembered anything useful about the principles of Ominous Foreshadowing™, he would've taken that Grickle poster (painting?) behind his head as a sign to get the hell out of Dodge. I harbor no sympathy for him. :P
    edited October 2008
    It's a painting, and I would love to take it.
  • edited October 2008
    Oh, I would too. I was just amused at how the painting's subject matter was juxtaposed with what was going on in the video. I'm definitely a fan of Grickle's work. ^^

EDIT: Agh—I mean "Annable's work." And reading my previous post again, I definitely wish now I had worded it differently. -_-; Very sorry for the misunderstanding, Jake.
  • edited October 2008
    I'd love to have some of that Telltale Candy:).
  • edited October 2008
    Zapped? At a rock concert?

Why do I suddenly remember that one case in CSI: Hard Evidence?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.