Strong Badia the Free - Available Now on WiiWare and PC!

JakeJake Telltale Alumni
poster.jpg

Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People Episode... Two?
Strong Badia the Free

Release Date: September 15! -- It's out now!
(Worldwide for PC, North America for WiiWare)

I forgot to make this earlier, but here's the official thread for all things about the upcoming Strong Bad episode, "Strong Badia the Free." First the official spiel:

"When Strong Bad fails to obey the King of Town's totally unfair email tax, he's placed under house arrest. Once freed from his wrongful imprisonment, Strong Bad goes on a mission to unite the local warring factions under the Strong Badian flag.

Is Free Country USA ready for such an awesome ruler? Find out in September!"

Spoiler Alert: All links from here on out may contain spoilers for the episode. If you want to play it clean, knowing nothing, stop clicking from here on out! You have been warned!

Check out the official Strong Badia the Free website, which features some new screenshots, as well as the Strong Badia the Free videos page, which features a new gameplay video!

Videos:

Walkthrough, etc:

Also, there's of course the wiki page as well!

Comments

• edited September 2008
    How bout you guys make a telltale wiki?
  • edited September 2008
    Wait, is that the spooky woods?What's that doing there, it's September! Hey, can we speculate here?
  • edited September 2008
    Shhh, lets not ruin it for them :p.
  • edited September 2008
    srry....
  • edited September 2008
    SWEET! I liked seeing Homestar dressed like he did in the Homestarmy again.
  • edited September 2008
    I cant wait for this...it looks incredible.

Anyway, whats up with Ign's release date for September 15th?
  • edited September 2008
    Nice..When I saw the trailer in august I WAS LIKE!!!
    TARANCHULA!!!
  • edited September 2008
    WAIT...Rated E10+ for use of alcohal?!?!
    TELLTALE, HAVE YOU BEEN SNEAKIN A NIP OF HOOCH!
  • edited September 2008
    Stephen wrote: »
    I cant wait for this...it looks incredible.

Anyway, whats up with Ign's release date for September 15th?

I think that they have to put something down so they guess.
  • edited September 2008
    ...why can't they just say "To Be Announced" or something? That's funny.
  • edited September 2008
    Well, I don't know why they pulled the wrong release date out of an orifice I won't mention for the first episode, bet this release date is a tad more possible.
  • edited September 2008
    It'll be a lot more faster then Episode 1.
  • edited September 2008
    WAIT...Rated E10+ for use of alcohal?!?!
    TELLTALE, HAVE YOU BEEN SNEAKIN A NIP OF HOOCH!

Certainly better than a T for Teen rating, I'd bet.
  • edited September 2008
    Question:
    Will people who bought Episode One be able to get the rest of season cheaper (I mean if I buy the season pass), like you did with the Sam and Max seasons?
    Just wondering...
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2008
    Kord wrote: »
    Question:
    Will people who bought Episode One be able to get the rest of season cheaper (I mean if I buy the season pass), like you did with the Sam and Max seasons?
    Just wondering...

On PC, yes. We're working on the upgrade feature now and it'll be up and running by the time episode 2 comes out.
  • edited September 2008
    Well its a little strange because Homestars Bowl Helmet
    is not tilted to the front like it is in the webisode "More Armies"
  • edited September 2008
    It isn't ALWAYS forward.
  • edited September 2008
    Stephen wrote: »
    ...why can't they just say "To Be Announced" or something? That's funny.

I don't know.I could just be wrong.
  • edited September 2008
    Ben Again wrote: »
    It isn't ALWAYS forward.

It looks better, in my opinion, tilted forward.
  • edited September 2008
    It's getting late in September... they should probably get a move on SBCG4AP ep.2 if they wanna keep a 1-month quota. IGN's est. date is fair. Telltale's is a total tease.
  • edited September 2008
    Must be 15th...
  • edited September 2008
    man, my dad added a password to connect to the internet. so i can go online on my computer (for he put the password on the computer) but not on my wii. and i don't think he'll put in the password to easily...
  • edited September 2008
    This sounds a-prettypretty good.
  • edited September 2008
    SPOILERS!!!!!
    An Easter Egg in the game is you get to control Homestar flying on a giant plastic duck, painting the clouds witha giant novelty toothbrush
  • edited September 2008
    Good grief use spoiler tags man!!

Emily, put some tags on that text!
  • edited September 2008
    While i question if that spoiler is legit, Here is now to use spoiler tags... just copy the whole thing and replace the text with whatever you want to hide

[noparse]
    Homsar is wanted in 5 states
    [/noparse]

gives you...
    Homsar is wanted in 5 states
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2008
    That's not a real spoiler. He is just making stuff up.
  • edited September 2008
    yeah ,well i heard strong mad has a bigger role this time
    edited September 2008
    We just got word that the game's launching this Monday. Woo!
  • Uhm ehh...This is the best piece of news ever (until you announce that you have bought the rights to Monkey Island or finally move on with the Bone games - Or S&M season 3 comes out) but Emily when you as a part of the awsome team say that you just got word that the game launches this monday.....then who is your "Master" at TT? I mean if the team....just listen "THE TEAM" - gets the word from someone....Is Le Chuck somehow involved?

Regards
    Rubberchicken (with a pulley of course)
  • edited September 2008
    The word's from Nintendo, I assume. I do find it a bit disturbing that Nintendo only tells them the release date one business day in advance.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2008
    Harald B wrote: »
    I do find it a bit disturbing that Nintendo only tells them the release date one business day in advance.

Weirder things have happened! Episode two passed certification last night, so hey hey, it's going up Monday. I guess it's how things work :)
  • Okay I might miss some important details, but how the !#¤%# does Nintendo interact with TT games?

Kind regards
    RCWAPITM

But nevertheless...lets just all be happy that we will see the game monday :)
  • edited September 2008
    Okay I might miss some important details, but how the !#¤%# does Nintendo interact with TT games?
    Besides PC, SBCG4AP is getting released on Nintendo's WiiWare service, which they largely dictate the terms for.
  • edited September 2008
    For once, Nintendo makes me happy. Oh wait, Nintendo ALWAYS makes me happy. :D
  • edited September 2008
    Erm, but if the the game is done, why not put it on the site right now and put the Wii version on Monday? Is there some kind of legal flaw involved?
  • edited September 2008
    I don't speak for the Telltale Team, but it would not be fair to Wii players if the PC gamers got it several days before them. This forum would be crashed of a enormous amount of complaining threads.
    edited September 2008
    We established early on that the WiiWare and PC versions of the Strong Bad games would launch simultaneously.
  • edited September 2008
    Okay I might miss some important details, but how the !#¤%# does Nintendo interact with TT games?

I don't know about TT Games, but they interact with Telltale by email, usually.
  • edited September 2008
    For once, Nintendo makes me happy. Oh wait, Nintendo ALWAYS makes me happy. :D

The game would have quite obviously already been out by now (for PC) if it wasn't being released on WiiWare.
    But nevermind, moaning gets us nowhere. Woo for Monday!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.