Strong Badia the Free - Available Now on WiiWare and PC!

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2008
    The game would have quite obviously already been out by now (for PC) if it wasn't being released on WiiWare.

Probably not, actually. These are monthly releases, so even if we were only releasing Strong Bad on PC, we wouldn't just toss an episode up on the website whenever it happened to be finished. :p
  • edited September 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    We just got word that the game's launching this Monday. Woo!

Yay! I can't wait!!
  • edited September 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    Probably not, actually. These are monthly releases, so even if we were only releasing Strong Bad on PC, we wouldn't just toss an episode up on the website whenever it happened to be finished. :p

True, but the Sam & Max episodes came out on the same day (Friday) and week every month, whereas the Strong Bad episodes haven't.
  • edited September 2008
    Woot! I'm gonna run the 1/2 mile from the bus stop to my house after school.

But why didn't I get this in an email? I signed up for almost every newsletter possible...
  • edited September 2008
    We haven't sent it yet.
  • edited September 2008
    Gasp! How could you Telltale, your greatest games were just announced for 3 days away and you don't send your email.. I am shocked :eek:.
    edited September 2008
    We're going to send an email announcing the launch on launch day. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to send a launch announcement two days ahead of time. :p
  • edited September 2008
    Well that's not very accurate.
  • edited September 2008
    Oh, finally! This is going to be the longest weekend ever..,
  • edited September 2008
    I don't know. I think it might just be the two day weekend like normal.
  • edited September 2008
    I don't know. I think it might just be the two day weekend like normal.

I don't know whether to hate or love your guys' sense of humor.
  • edited September 2008
    I would suggest love or you might hurt my feelings. :(
  • edited September 2008
    I would suggest love or you might hurt my feelings. :(

I better stay on your good side until the game comes out, who knows what you might do! :eek:
  • edited September 2008
    Well, folks: Undeniable evidence: IGN can see the future!!!!
    They had the 15th down before Telltale!!! :o
  • edited September 2008
    PLEASE, PLEASE make sure your episode has these things before it's realeased:
    Action
    Drama
    Homestar and Marzipan break up again
    Explosions
    Of Town facebreaking
    1 megagame
    1 minigame
    Frank Benndeto
    A preview of the next episode
    RPG battle for Pooper Trooper's and KOT
    100 floors of the castle, at the 100th, the Of Town!
    Bub's bar at Club Technochoclate
    Strong Sad, breaking out some fresh not-dancing
    Smart Drinks
    Sneaking mission
    A crapload of pixels (Videlectrix requires this)
    And anything else I missed!
  • edited September 2008
    Ohh.... you know, that almost makes sense.

To prevent anyone who subscribes to the email but doesnt regularly check this site from the terror of "the endless bottle of weekend"..... er..... "the endless weekend", they will send the email on Monday. The rest of us, however, shall be checking the clock every 5 minutes until the game is released on Monday.

Kind of smart thinking, I guess...
  • edited September 2008
    Ooo, don't forget a Of Town or Pooper Trooper costume. AND PLEASE DON'T FORGET THE COLD ONES!
  • edited September 2008
    Wow, and I had not known this and just got my Wii Points card.
  • MarkDarinMarkDarin Former Telltale Staff
    edited September 2008
    PLEASE, PLEASE make sure your episode has these things before it's realeased:
    A crapload of pixels (Videlectrix requires this)

For the record, a "Crapload" in Videlectrix terms is about 25 pixels, so I think we'll be okay there.
  • edited September 2008
    MarkDarin wrote: »
    For the record, a "Crapload" in Videlectrix terms is about 25 pixels, so I think we'll be okay there.

Good to know. We won't have anymore "GOOD GRAPHICS" compliants.
  • edited September 2008
    Since I do not pay attention much, painting my room will now occupy my whole weekend time while waiting for episode 2 so that my head does not explode. I now leave you with this picture of my wall:

0909081735aqz8.jpg
  • edited September 2008
    Why did you have to pick the day after Rock Band 2 comes out? I'll be flat broke :(
  • edited September 2008
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    Why did you have to pick the day after Rock Band 2 comes out? I'll be flat broke :(

You've been pwned, owned, powned, pwn, and pwnage'd!
  • edited September 2008
    Why does my Home Star ruiner game say. "New Episode Out Now, Strong Badia the Free." It is annoying to search around for it, and not find it. This message should NOT be already updated to the season pass 1'st game.
  • edited September 2008
    techyguy wrote: »
    Why does my Home Star ruiner game say. "New Episode Out Now, Strong Badia the Free." It is annoying to search around for it, and not find it. This message should NOT be already updated to the season pass 1'st game.

It's to prepare for Strong Badia the Free. I mean, you'd be having to rush eveything with a game that comes out in like, two days.
  • edited September 2008
    Since I do not pay attention much, painting my room will now occupy my whole weekend time while waiting for episode 2 so that my head does not explode. I now leave you with this picture of my wall:

0909081735aqz8.jpg

What is that? Donkey Kong Level Silhouette?
  • edited September 2008
    What is that? Donkey Kong Level Silhouette?

I think that's what's left of his wall? I dunno :p.
  • edited September 2008
    It looks like someone's trying to climb up a bridge.
    Donkey Kong and Strong Bad?
  • edited September 2008
    It's...well...play the game "Braid" And you'll know exactly what I'm doing.

Or search Braid Title screen. And, um...I'm a girl.
    edited September 2008
    techyguy wrote: »

Sorry! That was deployed accidentally, you weren't supposed to see it until Monday. :p
  • edited September 2008
    well, im prepaird for monday. i gots my season pass, and stashed 10 bucks for dvd... these games are the first h*r merchendice ive ever bought.

its so close...

im going to my freezer.
    see ya on monday.
  • edited September 2008
    well, im prepaird for monday. i gots my season pass, and stashed 10 bucks for dvd... these games are the first h*r merchendice ive ever bought.

its so close...

im going to my freezer.
    see ya on monday.

I'm prepared as well. I bought the season pass, My desktop has an awesome wall paper, AND I have overall enthusiam.
  • edited September 2008
    Oh hey all!

I-er, STRONG SAD decided to go on Myspace to help promote SBCG4AP. Check it out at:
    myspace.com/sbcg4ap
  • edited September 2008
    ...Who made Strong Sad a Myspace
  • edited September 2008
    SB forced him.
  • edited September 2008
    Oh hey all!

I-er, STRONG SAD decided to go on Myspace to help promote SBCG4AP. Check it out at:
    myspace.com/sbcg4ap

strong sad dosent yell.
  • edited September 2008
    O rly?
  • edited September 2008
    Ya rly! O.o Is there anyone out there like me who have to wait another week to get the game? I spent all my money before I found out that the game is coming out tommorow, and now I gotta wait untill I get my allowence.
  • edited September 2008
    Ben Again wrote: »
    Ya rly! O.o Is there anyone out there like me who have to wait another week to get the game? I spent all my money before I found out that the game is coming out tommorow, and now I gotta wait untill I get my allowence.

Ya know you can just get it for the PC, not the Wii, I did, bought every Episode so I don't have to wait.
  • edited September 2008
    Does the PC episode launch the same time as the WiiWare version? (12 EST)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.