Sbemail 201... WHEN?

2»

Comments

• edited January 2009
    Yeah, on the 200th sbemail's commentary. Boo hoo.

I'm still wondering if they were joking, or if they might be waffling. It has been quite a while since 200, though...

A bit off topic - no h*r updates for almost 3 weeks.
  • edited January 2009
    I'm still wondering if they were joking, or if they might be waffling. It has been quite a while since 200, though...

A bit off topic - no h*r updates for almost 3 weeks.

all they have is some stupid "banjo kazooie chainsaw" garbage.
  • edited January 2009

They didn't sound like they really meant it. Maybe they're just taking a break? They've certainly earned it.
  • edited January 2009
    i think it all depends on the material they will receive. they probably didn't get enough emails with good new ideas and maybe already considered quitting some time ago. so, if there are some nice emails to be answered, new sbemail episode might be released...if not...then everything stays the way it is now.
  • edited January 2009
    Something tells me they have NO problems with receiving email.

They're just on a break. I'd like to see if they pulled this no-email thing all the way to April Fool's just to see what they'd do.

On the other hand, I'd like a SBEmail.
  • edited January 2009
    Maybe they'll do a special sbemail/Trogday hybrid tomorrow.

"Dear Trogdor,
    How do you type with only one beefy arm?
    Burninatingly yours,
    [someone]"

*sigh* Only in my dreams....
  • edited January 2009
    We can only hope.
  • edited January 2009
    But it's Trogday, today. Maybe they should do a farewell message, much like how Toonami did.
  • edited January 2009
    It's Trogday! Yay! Where' my Happy Trogday Presents?!?
  • edited January 2009
    STATUS UPDATE
    3 weeks without h*r update. Troops are weakening, and although we believe that we will get out, eventually, it looks like we might lose a lot of good men along the way.
    We had reason to believe that enemy forces would give us the chance we needed to escape today (today being their national holiday, Trogday), but they continue to hold defenses strong.
    Many men are beginning to wonder if TBC will ever give us an update. We are still waiting and hoping, but chances are looking slimmer and slimmer.
    -General Paranoid Fan
  • edited January 2009
    It's been three whole weeks! Jeez c'mon guys!
  • edited January 2009
    Wow, no updates at all this year? irrational logic dictates that they went a whole year without updating, so they must be closing the wedsite down. But seriously, 3 1/2 months without a sbemail? What happened to the good old days when we got won every week?
  • edited January 2009
    "Dear Strong Bad,
    At exactly 12:00pm today the cold ones will be poisoned.
    DO NOT DRINK THE COLD ONES!
    Sincerely,
    Future SB"
  • edited January 2009
    *sigh*

Another update-less Monday. We are 1 day away from 4 weeks without new h*r content.
  • edited January 2009
    poohead900 wrote: »
    Something tells me they have NO problems with receiving email.

i was talking about good emails...i am pretty sure, they get tons of stuff every second, but after seven years, or so, the ones with new ideas, that are worth of making a cartoon about them, are probably quite rare.

the lack of any kind new material also worries me a bit. they're probably just on vacation though.
  • edited January 2009
    The fact that there is NO update on Trogday at all in ANY form is very bothersome. Not even a single drawing. That is official.
  • edited January 2009
    Maybe they might make email 201 if an everything else complete collection dvd or strongbad sings cd IS RELEASED.
  • edited January 2009
    Maybe it will be in the SBCG4AP DVD.
  • edited January 2009
    Telltale guys, did the Brothers Chaps ever say or do anything that suggested that they were planning to end Homestar Runner?
  • edited January 2009
    A) They haven't made one in four months as of friday

2) Matt keep jokin' 'bought quittin' in #200's commentary

However,

So far there's been
    3 SBCG4AP episodes,
    10 toons,
    5 weeklies updates,
    1 Dangeresque Roomisode,
    and
    countless other update

since email #200, so they've been keeping busy, and Matt's voice and Mike's flash has gotta be tired with all that talking, and email #200 is just the coffee(Edit: I mean millstone) they need for a break, which must be why there hasn't been an update in three wiks.
  • edited January 2009
    Holyxion wrote: »
    2) Matt keep jokin' 'bought quittin' in #200's commentary
    i don't have the dvd, so are they joking about quitting sbemail or h*r altogether?
  • edited January 2009
    wisp wrote: »
    i don't have the dvd, so are they joking about quitting sbemail or h*r altogether?

Wiki'd!
  • edited January 2009
    thanks guys. the commentary seems to be about sbemail 201 only though. i didn't get the impression that they'll quit h*r completely. i still believe in the vacation-theory...<sing>you gotta have faith...dut dut duh..</sing>
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2009
    The Chapmans did just come off of 5 games, email 200, halloween/decemberween, and DVD 6. It's not that surprising that things are slow at the moment.
  • edited January 2009
    Jake wrote: »
    The Chapmans did just come off of 5 games, email 200, halloween/decemberween, and DVD 6. It's not that surprising that things are slow at the moment.

A month slow?
    edited January 2009
    If I could get away with taking a month off after that, I would!
  • edited January 2009
    I guess you guys are new to the site. They've been taking breaks every winter and summer for a while, and if I recall correctly, they usually take a month or more.

I'm sorry if that first sentence came off as snobbish. It wasn't my intention.
  • edited January 2009
    Shwoo wrote: »
    They've been taking breaks every winter and summer for a while, and if I recall correctly, they usually take a month or more.

A bit like the breaks between seasons in a television show series, but shorter. I've been making a big deal on this thread, but I really don't mind if they take a few breaks now and then, as long as they come back with good new 'toons after their siesta.
  • edited January 2009
    Jake, I've thought of a way to get us to shut up. In their correspondence and communication with (and visits to) Telltale toward and after the end of SBCG4AP development, did the Brothers Chaps generally behave in a way that contradicts the current fandom theory that, and I paraphrase, 'THEYRE ENDING THE SITE FOREVER :eek::eek::eek:'?
  • edited January 2009
    BiggerJ wrote: »
    'THEYRE ENDING THE SITE FOREVER :eek::eek::eek:'?

I hardly believe that they're done with the site. How could they end the glory of h*r with " Death-Defying Decemberween"? Although this was a great 'toon, and it made me laugh a few times, I find it hard to believe that they would go out with "Brown sweater. It's like you read my mind."
    edited January 2009
    BiggerJ wrote: »
    Jake, I've thought of a way to get us to shut up. In their correspondence and communication with (and visits to) Telltale toward and after the end of SBCG4AP development, did the Brothers Chaps generally behave in a way that contradicts the current fandom theory that, and I paraphrase, 'THEYRE ENDING THE SITE FOREVER :eek::eek::eek:'?

They told me that if BiggerJ asks, I was to say that the site has been closed all along and he dreamed it all.

I have no idea what the Chaps are up to. Aside from the work on the games, and the few times we did collaborations for videos (Behind the Bad, Baddest of the Bands trailer, etc), I haven't really talked to them much, and never really about the site. I intended to ask them what the deal with "wear a bikini" was when we were working on the games, but I completely forgot.

So in conclusion, I have no idea, but I imagine they're just taking a break.

:eek::eek::eek:
  • edited June 2009
    Attention everyone! Sbemails are back, hremails are done!
  • edited June 2009
    He is correct! They have returned!!!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.