What's up with the community?

Comments

• I don't know much of the Borderland setting, but from what I have seen and interpret from the trailer. The story seems to be about two treasure hunters or rather newbie treasure hunter evident by the comment from the shopkeeper (Marcus). The treasure hunt is going to be very dangerous. The two main characters are wanted people. The setting seems western. You know what? This might have the potential for a good old-school and exciting adventure story.
  • edited May 2014
    To be fair, on Pandora, being wanted means you're *probably* a protaganist more than anything.

i.imgur.com/hpgHL.jpg - BL2
    obligatoryspiderqueen.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/wanted-posters.jpg - BL1
    kingtoko.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/borderlands-2-mechromancer-wanted-poster4.jpg?w=500 - BL2 expansion Character
    fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/180/0/2/wanted__krieg_the_psycho_bandit_by_dusk_728-d6bac3e.jpg - BL2 expansion Character 2
    orcz.com/images/thumb/4/45/TFBLFionaWantedPoster.jpg/400px-TFBLFionaWantedPoster.jpg - Tales From the Borderlands

As you can see from some of the er... atrocities every playable character has committed, "hero" is probably a bit of a strong word, but hey. Pandora's a bitch like that.

I don't know much of the Borderland setting, but from what I have seen and interpret from the trailer. The story seems to be about two treas

• Idk what anybody says I always view the vault hunters as heroes

I SALUTE YOU ROLAND R.I.P
    Arsonist posted: »

To be fair, on Pandora, being wanted means you're *probably* a protaganist more than anything. i.imgur.com/hpgHL.jpg - BL2 obligato

• Heroes are boring. Handsome Jack = Best man.

Idk what anybody says I always view the vault hunters as heroes I SALUTE YOU ROLAND R.I.P

• ElliasEllias Banned
    >where you are wrong every possible way

>i'm not going to start an argument.

You can't start one because you have nothing to say and you can't deny the truth. What was the point of you replying if you weren't going to say anything useful? "PC gamers".
    Jewfreeus posted: »

yea that is where you are so wrong in every possible way bro but I am not going to start an argument with you so lets just leave it at that

• ElliasEllias Banned
    lol

I actually misread the comment above. I read "tt's" as "its" as in "all it's games are point and click" which was where my confusion came fr

• Yeah, my least favorite part of moving to new boards - getting used to new acronyms. Should have thought/looked closer.
    Ellias posted: »

lol

• ElliasEllias Banned
    [removed]

I actually misread the comment above. I read "tt's" as "its" as in "all it's games are point and click" which was where my confusion came fr

• did not read one word of the TWAU comic or TWD comic I had not even seen the series before I played TWD and fell in love with the game.
    OzzyUK posted: »

I love Telltale games but i don't think i will buy this game as i have never played Borderlands 2 so i would never understand any references

• Pandora has a sci fi western feel about it. There is a shitload of lawlessness (is that even a word?) and black market gun trading. My guess is that they may be vault hunters, that could explain why they are wanted.

I don't know much of the Borderland setting, but from what I have seen and interpret from the trailer. The story seems to be about two treas

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Ok, that's quite enough. I'm going to ask that you behave now.

Earlier, you mentioned that the new members ought to read the rules, but it seems that you are the one who needs to look over them. You are welcome to disagree with their opinions, but insulting them and disliking them simply because they are from another board is crossing the line.

They've done nothing wrong, and have been more than polite - even as you insulted them.

PS: I was one of the people upvoting their comments. Does that make me a half-baked moron? ;)
  • Let it drop. Now.
    Ellias posted: »

I already read the forum rules, sniper. But did I ever pick out somebody specifically? Nope.. And I never insulted anybody unless they offen

• ElliasEllias Banned
    edited May 2014
    I already read the forum rules, sniper. But did I ever pick out somebody specifically? Nope.. And I never insulted anybody unless they offended me or made a unnecessary comment. Like that one dude towards "god fearing christians". Me calling him whatever was totally necessary.

Though even mods fail to read correctly, that comment wasn't towards them specifically. And never did mean those from gear box forums, rather the people already here who just upvote comments because it comes from somebody without reading more than 5 words. Unless that's you, I don't see why you're acting all offended.

But that is true, there really isn't any comments with any new points. Until I see a good comment, I'll continue on this thread. But until then, i'm done with this thread.

Ok, that's quite enough. I'm going to ask that you behave now. Earlier, you mentioned that the new members ought to read the rules, but

• So far everything I've seen has been GBX and TT both going out of their way to make sure they are not classified as Vault Hunters and that a very strong theme in the game would be that Pandora is a complete and total sh**hole if you aren't armed to the teeth. What *is* for sure is that both main characters will have my favorite trait - Negotiable Morals.
    angrykurd posted: »

Pandora has a sci fi western feel about it. There is a shitload of lawlessness (is that even a word?) and black market gun trading. My guess is that they may be vault hunters, that could explain why they are wanted.

• edited May 2014
    It's kinda become tradition over at the GBX forums to post an "I'm afraid of the x forums" when a new GBX game is announced. I'd link to them but apparently only text posts are allowed here.

Anyways, point is that pretty much any time there is an influx of newcomers into an online community like a forum there will be friction between the new and old members. The difference is that normally the jerks don't last too long so most of the older members are nice enough while the new members are generally more abrasive (In terms of just general internet etiquette or specific board customs). It'll work itself out eventually.

Also, Dacheat is a default avatar here. Which makes this the greatest forum in existence.

EDIT: Ok I updated my avatar in my profile but it's not showing up on my posts. Oh well.
    Kitty_Jo posted: »

I am somewhat familiar with this outlook on the GearBox boards. I assume all forums have varying degrees of distaste for new members. Let

• Links/images/text formatting/etc are temporarily disabled until we get some better moderation tools on our end soon.
    Dacheat posted: »

It's kinda become tradition over at the GBX forums to post an "I'm afraid of the x forums" when a new GBX game is announced. I'd link to the

• Playing with randoms in almost any game is a terrible experience unless measures are specifically taken to encourage players to help each other. Dark Souls multiplayer is a good example of that for the most part. Journey as well I think, but I haven't played that one myself so I'm not too sure.

Unfortunately, Borderlands' design encourages selfish play in coop for the most part, and we all know about the greater internet fuckwad theory.

Normal Person + Anonymity + Audience (Optional IMO) = Total Fuckwad

If it was a random game you played with some random person online, yea, that will sour anyones view of the Borderlands players. Playing with

• It is internet xenophobia, it as retarded online as it is irl.

It's kinda become tradition over at the GBX forums to post an "I'm afraid of the x forums" when a new GBX game is announced. I'd link to the

• Journey multiplayer is fantastic.

Playing with randoms in almost any game is a terrible experience unless measures are specifically taken to encourage players to help each ot

• I hopped over here from the Gearbox forums. I was surprised to see such extreme elitism here. I mean, I'm elitist too, I hate Call of Duty and I think comparing Borderlands 2 to CoD is a grade A insult (looks meaningfully at certain folks in the topic) but immediately labeling all FPS shooters in such a way just seems very wrong. We aren't such ignorant easily pleased troglodytes that the lack of shoot 'em up game play is going to scare us from this game.

Part of what we love about the game so much is the memorable characters, the rich lore and potential for storytelling that Borderlands brings to the table. And that is what has long time Borderlands fans like me so excited, because Tell Tale has a reputation for excellent story telling, and now they're taking these characters that we've loved for so long and putting the spot light on them. This time it's not about the gun, or the explosions, or how big of a number you can make pop up over a guy's head when you shoot them. It's about the story and the characters that we Borderlands players have come to love. I'm looking forward to trying this game out, and seeing a focus on narrative over frantic gameplay.

Again, really dislike the elitism I saw when I first came over. Borderlands is not just some open world RPG, nor is it just some CoD shooter. It takes the best of both and make something completely unique and enjoyable. Plus, you shouldn't judge the entire franchise from the first game alone, as it's admittedly the weaker of the two when it comes to gameplay and story telling.

Really, I think there are two statements to sum up my response, one being my own, and another belonging to a certain Savage from Wam Bam island.: "I'm looking forward to what Tell Tale has to offer the world of Borderlands." and "Check your privilege."
  • Borderlands is a funny-funny setting with lots and lots of interesting oddball qualities. I'm stunned people are putting it down before they even pick it up.

Tsk-tsk-tsk for shame.
  • It saddens me that this is the most talked about thread in this game's forum... can't we move onto the positive instead?
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Before The Walking Dead came out, it was common to see threads against the very thought of the game on the forum, like this one:

www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/22918/a-petition-and-protest-against-this-game-

The mood in this subforum will change once the game is out.
  • ChateauChateau Banned
    Poor gumby, his times here were sad, short, and depressing. He had nothing but 1 like and everybody ignored him. Rip gumby.
    Jennifer posted: »

Before The Walking Dead came out, it was common to see threads against the very thought of the game on the forum, like this one: www.te

• ChateauChateau Banned
    I think borderlands 1 and 2 are more for people who like to shoot things and loot. Of course people with no experience with those games will hate it since they aren't familiar. But the story is really good and the characters are great! I personally can't wait for it to come out this summer and can't wait for midnight releases :) I think you should give it a chance, I think everybody here should. What's the worst that could happen? We dislike it? oh poo.
  • I might play it, but, in all honesty, I don't really care for it. I'm more into TWD and TWAU.
  • [removed]
    Jennifer posted: »

Before The Walking Dead came out, it was common to see threads against the very thought of the game on the forum, like this one: www.te

• edited May 2014
    Honestly, I hate Borderlands and I hate Randy Pitchford. I have no idea why Telltale decided to get in business with that charlatan. That series has no soul and is only popular because its a cooperative first person shooter that has loot in it. I like to think of it as "Diablo With Guns".

Literally no-body plays Borderlands for its "story telling elements"...which leaves me wondering why the hell would Telltale focus on this game? If Gearbox can't come up with a decent story after two games, why would Telltale decide to do it for them?

Game of Thrones sounds excellent though. That actually makes sense considering how in-depth and well-written that series is.
    Ticklefist posted: »

I'm interested in it, I wouldn't have followed the link here from Gearbox's forums if I wasn't. I'm also okay with people not being interest

• People didnt even play it and already hate it. Thats so typical...
  • yeah. I hate these people, too. They think they know it all. It's like saying "pizza is bad, because it looks like somebody just threw together some ingredients and put it into an oven for half an hour."

then they try it and suddenly love it. Pah.

always this judging before they even tried it, typical scumbag behaviour.
    WalkerHH93 posted: »

People didnt even play it and already hate it. Thats so typical...

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    OK, this is getting out of hand, so I am closing this thread. In the future, please don't insult people. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. The first rule of the forum guidelines is respect.
  • ChateauChateau Banned
    I think it's just a fear of more trolls flooding the forums with spoilerish threads and troll threads, and spam. And from the looks of it and from the people who are here now because of Borderlands, I kinda agree with that guy in that thread that was recently closed down. I just came from another forum and I've checked this and gearbox's forums and might I say he was totally correct and I do see more trolls on that other forum and people with just plain huge ego.
  • Im here now because of Borderlands but I am not a troll nor do I intend to spam this place with nonsense. And Ive not done a single thing to come off as slightly offensive nor rude. I havent seen anything considered "trolly" from any new Borderlands fan here. The only negative thing Ive seen are comments like yours assuming we're all here to crash the party and destroy your forum.

As Ive said before, all forums have their problems. Yours, as well as mine (GBX) arent perfect. But dont throw everyone under the bus with your generalizations.
    Chateau posted: »

I think it's just a fear of more trolls flooding the forums with spoilerish threads and troll threads, and spam. And from the looks of it an

• "But dont throw everyone under the bus with your generalizations."

Agreed wholeheartedly. It seems that it's the newer Telltale fans that have been the ones unwelcoming towards the Borderlands fans, rather than the other way around. From what I've seen, it's been the Gearbox users who are the more mature of the two groups on the Tales from the Borderlands forum.

Im here now because of Borderlands but I am not a troll nor do I intend to spam this place with nonsense. And Ive not done a single thing to

• ChateauChateau Banned
    Um I'm not "throwing everybody" under the bus, I said I've seen some, not all.

Im here now because of Borderlands but I am not a troll nor do I intend to spam this place with nonsense. And Ive not done a single thing to

• No where do you use the word "some" nor any other word close to it. If you truly didnt intend to target all the Borderlands fans here currently, perhaps you should rethink how you word things in the future before attacking a fanbase.
    I wont argue this though. Have a lovely day. :)

Um I'm not "throwing everybody" under the bus, I said I've seen some, not all.

• ChateauChateau Banned
    edited May 2014
    "I do see more trolls on that other forum and people with just plain huge ego" That's implying i've seen trolls here and there, but more there. And you're a perfect example. And if you may, please tell me where i said "all".

No where do you use the word "some" nor any other word close to it. If you truly didnt intend to target all the Borderlands fans here curre

• Chateau, please just let it drop.

"I do see more trolls on that other forum and people with just plain huge ego" That's implying i've seen trolls here and there, but more there. And you're a perfect example. And if you may, please tell me where i said "all".

This discussion has been closed.