I have a dilemma... [EP 3 SPOILERS]

edited May 2014 in The Walking Dead
EPISODE 3 SPOILERS INSIDE !!! DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED EPISODE 3.

Alright, so I just got done with Episode 3. It was pretty good overall, lot's of tense moments.
At the very end however, I got a little confused. When Sarita is bitten I assumed you got two choices

1. Kill Sarita. I don't really get WHY you would do that, but there you go.
2. Kill the walker.

Obviously I chose option 2. It was only after reading on the forums that you can actually cut Sarita's arm off. If I had known that, I would have done it. So here's my question;

Should I rewind? I don't like rewinding choices but If I understood both choices I would have went with cutting off Sarita's arm. Some people may argue that the confusion was part of my choice and I should just live with it but is that really fair? I don't know. So what should I do?

EDIT: Alright guys, thanks for the contribution. I'm gonna stick with my choice. I feel a little bit annoyed at the choice in general but.. yeah. Thanks.

Comments

• She looks at you and Screams she will probably die in the herd.
  • You should rewind it.
  • Don't rewind, stick with your decisions.
  • I don't know...I think she will die anyway. She looks at the stump and just screams...and the Episode ends there.

I wouldn't rewind, make a new save file instead.

I never rewind, even if I actually say something I didn't even mean to.
  • edited May 2014
    Don't rewind man. Just leave it there. Life doesn't have rewinds. Open another save file for an alternative story maybe. I didn't cut Sarita's arm either. Because if I was a child I couldn't do it either. I'm not regretting my decision and you shouldn't either.
  • What happens if you kill the walker?
  • edited May 2014
    That sounds like a perfectly fine reason to rewind, I would do it without a second thought.
  • He didn't even KNOW what the option meant. It's not fair if you choose an option because the game is unclear to you. In a real-life scenario, he would have known "my options are to cut off her arm or kill the zombie".

It's kind of like the "glass him" option from The Wolf Among Us. A LOT of people thought it meant "buy Woody a drink" and ended up smashing a glass over his head. Something like that is a perfectly good reason to rewind because it's not like life, you do something when your every intention was to do something else and the only thing stopping you is an unclear game moment.
    Dark_Star posted: »

Don't rewind man. Just leave it there. Life doesn't have rewinds. Open another save file for an alternative story maybe. I didn't cut Sarita

• If you missed it in the heat of the moment, then yes of course you can.
  • She will probably die anyway, either the bite or from loosing too much blood.
    skoothz posted: »

What happens if you kill the walker?

• In real life we make choices we don't understand or misinterpret. We do it here. We don't rewind life. I would go on. Chances are she'll die anyway.
  • i assume she looks at her barely attached hand and screams ?

• If that's what you would've done in the first place but accidently did something else then go ahead rewind, if not stick with what you did.
  • Just stick with it. Everyone makes mistakes.
  • Yeah that's what I was thinking but It was sort of 'heat of the moment' type decision but I've decided to just stick with it. It was a mistake but I think that's what makes it more interesting and engaging, I gotta live with that and it makes it seem more real.

He didn't even KNOW what the option meant. It's not fair if you choose an option because the game is unclear to you. In a real-life scenar

• She looks at her bitten hand and looks at Clementine then it cuts to black.

• In my opinion, it makes it seem less real. Since like I said, in a real scenario you wouldn't have misunderstood your own thought process. You would have known what your own intentions and choices were. You wouldn't have had a little icon on Sarita and thought "that must mean I kill her". :<
    Graysonn posted: »

Yeah that's what I was thinking but It was sort of 'heat of the moment' type decision but I've decided to just stick with it. It was a mista

• Stick with it. Even if your choice was wrong because of the game design or whatnot think of it like making a mistake in real life. I imagine during a zombie apocalypse it would be hard to think straight anyways...
  • you were so right

RaduBota18 posted: »

She looks at you and Screams she will probably die in the herd.

• who thought bringing this thread to life was a good idea

• I thought the same. Blame @MaxTheFax. xo

who thought bringing this thread to life was a good idea

• This thread is deader than my grandad, why the feck is it back?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.