Possible Season 2 Changes

Comments

• edited December 2008
    Will wrote: »
    Actually, 2D tends to be a *lot* more of a space hog than 3D. Texture data is really hard to compress without losing quality, so when something is 2D and you are depending on the intricacy of the texture, you have to leave the file really large.

I got to ask then, how big would Dangeresque 3 have been if it had all been done in the 'dream' style? (because that part looked pretty freakin' awesome...)
  • edited December 2008
    Strong Max wrote: »
    *Many points of the game were extreamly glitchy, I can find a glitch in each one. Get rid of that.

*Get rid of the costumes. As cool as they are, they only serve the perpose of desoto parts. If I want to wear them, the only time I get to is after the game is over in which I will only be for a few minuets.

*Dedicate more staff members. Don't have people be working on seperate products such as S&M3 and W&G when your putting out a game already.

*Find the sweet spot. The reason these episodes weren't as good as they could be is because you are changing the formula as you go. Sam and Max finished it by season 2, so SBCG4AP will to, I hope.

*NEVER, EVER, USE WIIWARE AGAIN!!!! It makes it so you have very little time to work on your games as you must submit everything to Nintendo way ahead of time.

*Here is where I'm going to get the most grief: Scrap the Fun Machine/Teen Girl Squad. The small games take up a lot of space and don't realy deliver the enthusiasum that a longer more dificult main plot would.

of these... here is what i agree with ENTIRELY

*Find the sweet spot. The reason these episodes weren't as good as they could be is because you are changing the formula as you go. Sam and Max finished it by season 2, so SBCG4AP will to, I hope.

*NEVER, EVER, USE WIIWARE AGAIN!!!! It makes it so you have very little time to work on your games as you must submit everything to Nintendo way ahead of time.

*Get rid of the costumes. As cool as they are, they only serve the perpose of desoto parts. If I want to wear them, the only time I get to is after the game is over in which I will only be for a few minuets.

Also.. try to get the episodes related.
  • Dave GrossmanDave Grossman Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2008
    SidGarcia wrote: »
    I think one of the Telltalers said that they would leave out the preview button to get as much disk space as possible for the game itself.

How much space could one button possibly-- oh, wait, now I get it.
  • edited December 2008
    I just had the best idea EVER: Homsar's Non Sequitur Game for Silly People! HNSG4SP!

Personally, I'd love season two to be "Homestawr Wunner's Sewiously Fun Game Sewiously You Guys" (or H*RSFGSYG).
  • edited December 2008
    By the way, I loved the formula in Season One. This may be because I am a huge fan of sitcoms...but I found it incredibly endearing.
  • edited December 2008
    One thing I would like in Season 2, is the ability to play through the story again, but with costumes on. I really wanted to steal Homestar's Record with that hat! D:
  • edited December 2008
    MikeyJC wrote: »
    One thing I would like in Season 2, is the ability to play through the story again, but with costumes on. I really wanted to steal Homestar's Record with that hat! D:

Yeah! And I wanted to shoot my Nunchuk gun without thumbs and with nice abs!
  • edited December 2008
    I'd really like to see some more of Homsar in any way. He only showed up in Strong Badia the Free and Baddest of the Bands!
    By the way, I loved the formula in Season One. This may be because I am a huge fan of sitcoms...but I found it incredibly endearing.
    Meaning "problem, convoluted fix of said problem, that creates larger problem, fix it quickly"? I thought that was awesome too.
  • edited December 2008

You do realize that by cutting off that option, Telltale will lose a very good portion of their audience and revenue, right? Most of them being kids who don't have much experience with online shopping and those of us that don't have PCs for gaming. Besides, now they know how the WiiWare submission process works, they can more wisely schedule production ahead of time.

Next time you try to troll a game by thinking of faults for it, try and think about those faults, assuming your brain is in your head and not your anus, m'kay?
  • edited December 2008
    bigdondoo wrote: »
    by the time S&M Season 3 and W&G grand adventure are done and season 2 of SBCG4AP come out who knows if WiiWare will still be around.
    I'd bet you $100 WiiWare will be around when season 2 comes out.
  • edited December 2008
    Personally, I'd love season two to be "Homestawr Wunner's Sewiously Fun Game Sewiously You Guys" (or H*RSFGSYG).

Homestar Runner's Seriously Fun Game (Seriously You Guys) would indeed be a kick-ass title for a second series.
  • edited December 2008
    Doesn't faze me what you put in there. Just make me a Season 2...NOW!

Actually I would like to see where the cheat lives. You see it a couple of times mentioned but not the actual spot.
  • edited December 2008
    Is it really necessary to just add a grill in front of the King of Town's castle, just so you can see The Cheat's home in 3D?
  • edited December 2008
    I would like to see a Cheat Commandos episode in season 2, if not a full season of Cheat Commandos. How sweet would that be?!

Oh, and Homestar's house, season 1 was really lacking a cow lamp and dog shaped cookie jar.
  • edited December 2008
    splash1 wrote: »
    I agree, plus the Wii version looks very crappy, and it's really bad. But if there is a Season 2, Wiiware... Will be back.. :eek:

what is the difference between the wiiware version and the computer one? If one of them is crappy, then both of them are crappy.
  • edited December 2008
    Kainchild wrote: »
    Doesn't faze me what you put in there. Just make me a Season 2...NOW!

You are coming off as very, VERY, spoiled. Go earn something by yourself.
  • edited December 2008
    I thought Season Ones' "Whats Sybil gonna do today?" and "What does Bosco have and what is the astronomical price?" was pretty good.

and Strong Bad is WiiWares most popular game.
  • edited December 2008
    O.K., if they ever make a second season for Strong Bad's Cool Game 4 Attractive People, what would you guys like to see? Here is my wish list.

1. More cool old school Videlectrix games in each episode.

2. A Halloween episode.

3. A Decemberween (Christmas) episode.

4. An episode that takes place in the world of Teen Girl Squad.

5. An episode that takes place in the world of Sweet Cuppin' Cakes.

6. An episode that takes place in the Anime world of Stinkoman.

7. An episode about Super Heroes/Villains & Comic Books guest staring Strong Badman.

8. An episode that takes place in the Cartoon world of the Cheat Commandos.

9. An episode about Evil Twins.

10. An episode guest staring Sam & Max. :D

11. An episode about that Creepy Painting in Strong Mad's closet.

So, what do you guys think?
  • edited December 2008
    I agree with Burninator. A teensy bit of repetition helps the episodes feel like part of a whole.

Also, thanks GaryCXjK! Honestly, I'd just be happy to play as Homestar: it USED to be HIS website, anyway. :p
  • edited December 2008
    Yeah, but all of a sudden, Senor Cardgage had to show up and steal the show.

Stupid SCEmail.
  • edited December 2008
    Was a nice break from CZmail though. Good to hear about something besides butt-pats.
  • edited December 2008
    Or how about that WRYYYmail, now that was annoying. Mostly in Engrish as well.
  • edited December 2008
    ...Ok, you're going to have to explain that one to me.
  • HoboStewHoboStew Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2008
    No argument from me on this one. Fixing costume bugs was easily the most annoying part of the development process for me.
  • edited December 2008
    ...Ok, you're going to have to explain that one to me.

Remember that time when Dio Brando came steamrolling in during one of the HREmails, somewhere in the beginning?
  • edited December 2008
    McGoiter wrote: »
    Oh, and Homestar's house, season 1 was really lacking a cow lamp and dog shaped cookie jar.

That "cookie jar" you're talking about lives in Pom Pom's house, because he's Pom Pom's dog!
  • edited December 2008
    O.K., if they ever make a second season for Strong Bad's Cool Game 4 Attractive People, what would you guys like to see? Here is my wish list.

1. More cool old school Videlectrix games in each episode.

2. A Halloween episode.

3. A Decemberween (Christmas) episode.

4. An episode that takes place in the world of Teen Girl Squad.

5. An episode that takes place in the world of Sweet Cuppin' Cakes.

7. An episode about Super Heroes/Villains & Comic Books guest staring Strong Badman.

8. An episode that takes place in the Cartoon world of the Cheat Commandos.

9. An episode about Evil Twins.

10. An episode guest staring Sam & Max. :D

11. An episode about that Creepy Painting in Strong Mad's closet.

That's a lot of episodes there, man. Telltale usually does about 5 episodes per season. You may want to cut down on the number of ideas.

Although, the one with Sam and Max would be pretty cool.
  • edited December 2008
    Maybe you could fuse some of those together, like 2+9+11.
  • edited December 2008
    Well, the list was just some ideas on what I would like to see in season two, I already know that Telltale usually makes 5 episodes a season, so there is a good chance that 7 of them will not be used or as 16 Bit Mario1 stated they could just fuse some of the ideas together (like #2, 9, & 11). So here is a shorten version of the list.

1. A Halloween episode about Evil Twins and that Creepy Painting in Strong Mad's closet.

2. A Decemberween (Christmas) episode.

3. An episode about Super Heroes/Villains & Comic Books guest staring Strong Badman.

4. An episode that takes place in the worlds of the Cheat Commandos (Cartoon), Stinkoman (Anime), Teen Girl Squad (Comics), & Sweet Cuppin' Cakes (Weird). This episode would also guest star Sam & Max. :D

As for more Videlectrix games in each episode, I think they are going to do that anyway. ;)
  • edited December 2008
    i have 5 dimands: 1:10 sbemails per episode 2:coach z killer [see make your own vidletrix game!for details]3:fighting 4:NO FREAKIN NAKID HOMESTAR[nakid homestar was the reason i couldn't get homestar ruiner] 5:useing come on in here on coach z jorbleie
  • edited December 2008
    List of changes:

1. Thnikkaman!
    2. Robot Pants in the photo booth (unless TT already did that!)
    3. FULL Stinkoman costume (looks weird with GiantHead SB)
    4. Decemberween episode
    5. Halloween episode
    6. Maybe a hremail or two?
    7. SWEETIE CAKES!! (sorry, couldn't resist the Strong Mad influence)
    8. More Dangeresque "dream graphics"? That was cool.*

*During D3, sit behind the dangerdesque. coolbeans.
  • edited December 2008

episode 5 did that kinda
  • edited January 2009
    the cheat5 wrote: »
    NO FREAKIN NAKID HOMESTAR[nakid homestar was the reason i couldn't get homestar ruiner]

It's
    censored
    for the squemish.
    ESRB clearly lacks a sense of humor- H*R has no nudities- no pants, no need. Just a shirt.
  • edited January 2009
    Here is another idea for an episode I would like to see in season 2. Remenber that Strong Bad E-mail where he sings about being in a different version of his home town? Well I think it would be cool if one day he wakes and finds himself in that different town.

http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail99.html
  • edited January 2009
    I think season 2 should be like season 1, but different slightly, but still use mostly the same characters. Oh, and there should be puns, and pop culture references. Maaaaybe pie. I'm still on the fence about the pie.
  • edited January 2009
    The thing I want Telltale to do the most is to make a second season. Honestly, I don't care in the slightest what's in it, I'll buy it and get 100% on every episode if they just make it. Though that is something I would like; it being harder to get 100%. There doesn't need to be a whole post-game sub-plot, but for example making it so that playing as Rather Dashing changed the gameplay in some way, like possibly allowing you to get ye flask and collapse ye dunginn.
  • edited June 2009
    How about an episode about Zombies. Now that would be cool to see in season 2 of SBCG4AP. ;)
  • edited June 2009
    1. A Halloween episode.

2. A Decemberween (Christmas) episode.

3. An episode that takes place in the world of Teen Girl Squad.

4. An episode that takes place in the world of Sweet Cuppin' Cakes.

5. An episode that takes place in the Anime world of Stinkoman.

6. An episode about Super Heroes/Villains & Comic Books guest staring Strong Badman.

7. An episode that takes place in the Cartoon world of the Cheat Commandos.

8. An episode about Evil Twins.

9. An episode guest staring Sam & Max. :D

10. An episode about that Creepy Painting in Strong Mad's closet.

i think a 10 episode season would be awesome but expensive.
    it would cost 69.9 for bundle, or 89.9 for each episode idividually, according to telltales current price sceme.
  • edited June 2009
    not to mention 100$ if you get it on wiiware.
  • edited June 2009
    *Many points of the game were extreamly glitchy, I can find a glitch in each one. Get rid of that.

The glitch one, first of all can't always be fixed. You can't just get rid of glitches, there is always going to be a glitch in a game.

Nintendo won't be happy if telltale didnt put season 2 on wiiware. sbcg4ap sales DOUBLED during the sd card upgrade for wii. Plus there are some people with crappy computers that can't play games made by telltale like that. That is why I cant play sam and max season 2 or wallace and gromit(episode 2 and 3 of course right now) If they scrapped wiiware, they would have lost those said people
Sign in to comment in this discussion.