More Walking Dead Interactive Fan-Fic:Humanity or Survival Ep. 6 Ch. 4 (Submissions open)

Comments

• edited June 2014

The Walking Dead Episode 1: A Nightmare Arrives Chapter 4: Lurking Trouble

Cedar Rapids. Iowa
    6 weeks later.

“You’ve got to learn how to shoot Willy” says the old woman harshly.
    “I.......I can....just not with a rifle.....it’s too heavy....I prefer a pistol nana Rosemary” says Willy smiling.
    “I know you can, you got ya mama’s strength” Rosemary smiles.

Willy’s face saddens.

“I miss her” Willy says sentimentally.
    “I now you do” replies Rosemary slightly hugging the 13 year old boy.
    “Now, you have to learn how to use all kinds of weapons, I know you’re good with knives and pistols, but rifles are different” Rosemary says in a serious tone.
    “In the world we live in now, you’ve got to learn many things to survive” she continues.
    “Like today, I’ll show you how to hunt, you’d want to be able to catch your own food, right? asks Rosemary with a slight smirk.
    “I guess” Willy nods.

The two take a walk in the woods. Rosemary is an African American 60 something woman with short grey hair tied in a bun, she’s short and quite curvy, despite being of old age she’s still very strong. Willy is her grandson, has short soft brown hair and brown eyes, he wears a blue and grey hoodie.

“Ma goodness look at that” Rosemary whispers loudly.
    “Wow it’s beautiful gran” says Willy with bright eyes.
    “It’s your chance to practice” Rosemary whispers.

Willy points his rifle at the Elk, as he aims he realizes that he can’t harm the creature it was a beauty of nature he thought.

“I can’t kill it grandma” says Willy sadly.
    “Oh don’t be so melancholic, shoot it, imagine that you haven’t ate in days” says Rosemary in an abrasive tone.
    “No” shouts Willy as he throws the rifle and runs off.

Rosemary tries to catch up on him and yells “Hey young man what the hell was that back there?!”

“I hate rifles and I hating killing stuff” yells Willy back.
    “It’s for you’re own fucking good!” yells Rosemary after a second her eyes widened, she realized that she went to far with her speech.

Willy ignores his grandma and goes back to the cabin. His grandmother has a huge farm the area closest to the cabin is enforced by a fence offering some protection and time to kill off any walkers approaching.

“Troy, how’s that garden going and where’s Jim?!” shouts Rosemary rigidly.
    “Oh hey Miss B, I don’t know where his at, I think we should have some fresh vegetables soon” smiles Troy.
    “Good, because soon that might be the only thing left to eat” mumbles Rosemary.
    “I think we should go and look for Jim” Troy suggests.
    “Where the hell is that lazy yokel” says Rosemary angrily.

“Hey boys stay in the Cabin, me and Troy are gonna look for Jim!” yells Rosemary.

Willy turns around for a second, but doesn’t reply as he enters the cabin.

“What’s wrong Willy?” a 15 year old asks compassionately.
    “Nothing, I got angry with my grandma, again” says Willy.
    “Why?” asks Brent.
    “She wanted me to kill an animal with a rifle” replies Willy faintly.
    “I know that feeling, last week Rosemary taught me how to use one” responds Brent in depressing tone.
    “She did? did you kill something” asks Willy with his eyes widened filled with curiosity.
    “I did.....” sighs Brent.
    “Worst thing is I didn’t feel anything..no remorse...” Brent continues.

Willy’s face saddens as they stand for a brief moment in silence.

“Hey, at least we have something to eat” jokes Brent trying to enlighten the mood.
    “My nana scares me sometimes when she shouts” says Willy.
    “She scares me too, but your grandma made this place work, we’re safe from those dead creepers” smiles Brent.

A knock on the door startles the two kids.

What should they do?

[Willy should open the door] [Hide]
    [Brent should open the door] [Stand and do nothing]

• [Hide]

Domingez posted: »

The Walking Dead Episode 1: A Nightmare Arrives Chapter 4: Lurking Trouble Cedar Rapids. Iowa 6 weeks later. “You’ve got to learn h

• [Brent should open the door]

The Walking Dead Episode 1: A Nightmare Arrives Chapter 4: Lurking Trouble Cedar Rapids. Iowa 6 weeks later. “You’ve got to learn h

• [Hide]

• [Brent should open the door]

• Wow 50/50 the next vote.....let's hope will decide the outcome. ;)

• [Hide]

• Thank you all for voting ;)
    Willy and Brent will hide.

• edited June 2014

“Who’s that?” says Willy in fear.
    “I don’t know it looks like a man” whispers Brent.
    “Go hide behind the couch Willy, I’ll hide upstairs” commands Brent.

The two boys hide whilst the intruder shouts “Anyone home hello!”.
    He turns the knob and enters the cabin.

Willy observed as the stranger stands in the living room looking around for something.
    The man stood 6 feet tall, he had a green rain jacket a short black beard and a hunters rifle in his hands.
    “Shit, nothing” he says while checking the cabinets. He ran into the kitchen and inspected every drawer. Next Willy saw the intruder enter the bathroom he checked the cabinets and whispered “Yes, thank you”. He then returned to the kitchen, however Willy couldn’t see what for and stormed out from the cabin. Willy rushed to the window and notices that the stranger ran into the woods.

“Brent” Willy whispers loudly.
    “Who was that?” asks Brent with his eyes widened.
    “I don’t know he took something from the bathroom and maybe the kitchen” says Willy.
    Brent rushed to the bathroom “Shit, he took our medical kit”
    “Why would he do that?” questions Willy.
    “I don’t like this, your nana is going to kill us” replies Brent rigidly.

Willy went to the kitchen and finds a note.
    Sorry for taking supplies

“He left a note” yells Willy.
    “Oh how nice of him, he stole from us!” yells Brent sarcastically and infuriated, walking nervously back and forth.

“Kids help us, Jim was attacked!” shouts Rosemary as she enters the cabin.

Troy carries Jim over to the living room table.
    Rosemary rushes to the bathroom. “Fuck where’s the medical kit!” she yells.

“There was a man here” mumbles Brent.
    “A man and you let him in!” shouts Rosemary angrily.
    “He let himself in” says Willy toughly.
    “Why didn’t you just shoot him like I taught you Brent?!” yells Rosemary.
    “Sorry Miss B.....my...gun...was upstairs..I was...scared” Brent stutters.
    “Maybe he was nice” says Willy firmly.
    “Nice people don’t steal things, what are we suppose to do now?! Jim has a nasty wound on his leg and it will get infected if we don’t clean it and sew it soon” says Rosemary.
    “Or we can all just hunt that fucker down” suggests Troy.
    “Troy is right, we find him and we make him pay” says Rosemary with her eyes narrowed.
    “Do you boys know where he went?” asks Rosemary toughly.
    “I saw him going to the woods” Willy replies.
    “One of ya boys has to protect Jim while we’re gone” Troy says rigorously.

Who should stay?

Major Choice: Trust

[Brent] [Willy]

• [Brent]

“Who’s that?” says Willy in fear. “I don’t know it looks like a man” whispers Brent. “Go hide behind the couch Willy, I’ll hide upstairs”

• [Brent]

“Who’s that?” says Willy in fear. “I don’t know it looks like a man” whispers Brent. “Go hide behind the couch Willy, I’ll hide upstairs”

• [Brent]

• [Brent]

• [Brent]

• “Brent you’re gonna stay and look after Jim until we get back” says Rosemary.
    “This time make sure you have your gun on you” Rosemary follows up rudely.
    “I will” says Brent as his eyes downcast.
    “Willy get’ya pistol you might need it, we’re movin out” says Troy firmly.
    “Why can’t I stay?” asks Willy angrily.
    “Because you’re going to show us where this asshole went and to be honest I don’t trust you protecting Jim” replies Troy harshly.
    “Hush Troy! Listen Willy you’re still young and have a lot to learn you’ll be safer if you come with us” says Rosemary reassuringly.

About 15 minutes later.

Troy, Rosemary and Willy move towards the woods, they all head east.

“This way” Troy indicates as he notices foot tracks.
    “You’re sure? It could be them walkers” Rosemary points out.
    “Nah, I mean it could be, but I think it’s our guy.” says Troy.
    “Shh...get down” Rosemary whispers loudly.
    “Looks like a cottage” says Troy.
    “It was empty a while ago was it Troy?” Rosemary asks.
    “Yeah, me and Jim searched these parts about two weeks ago, it was empty then” Troy replies.
    “I’ll go first, ya all cover me incase it gets hairy” suggests Troy.
    “Okay get a move on” Rosemary orders.

Troy proceeds to the cottage with his crossbow aimed. He enters, and after a few minutes Rosemary and Willy hear a man shouting from inside “Please don’t shoot!”

“I will end you motherfucker, are ya the one that stole from us?!” yells Troy.
    “Just lower your gun man!” yells the stranger.
    “Keep them hands up” says Troy firmly.
    “Do you recognize this man Willy?” asks Rosemary sharply.

The man looks worriedly at the boy with his hands up.

“Yes, it’s him” Willy says hesitantly.
    “Shoot him” says Rosemary unscrupulously.
    “Will do” smirks Troy.
    “No, don’t!” shouts Willy hysterically.
    “Please, my girlfriend is pregnant...she’s gonna go into labor soon....that’s why I took your supplies” says the man distressingly.
    “Our friend might die because of you!” yells Troy.
    “I...I didn’t know, please let me go, my girlfriend needs me” says the stranger.
    “Where is she?” asks Rosemary curiously with her eyebrows narrowed.

“She’s back there” the man points.

Rosemary see’s a woman laying down on a big sofa.
    “My god this woman is gonna have a baby any minute now, there there girl......Troy don’t shoot, the man’s telling the truth!” yells Rosemary.
    “Ya sure? I still don’t trust this dude! yells back Troy.

BAM

Troy gets shot in the shoulder.

“You won’t fucking run away from us!” yells an unknown man from outside.

Willy’s hands start shaking as he crouches behind a chair.

“Christ, what’s going on back there!” yells Rosemary in shock as she starts delivering the baby.
    “God, they found us” mumbles the stranger with his eyes widened.

He grabs his rifle and starts shooting back, while Troy crawls and hides behind a cabinet.

“Fuuuuuck...this hurts, who are these assholes” yells Troy to the stranger.
    “It’s those sickos from our group!” yells the stranger.
    “How many?” Troy yells.
    “I don’t fucking know, 5 maybe 6” the stranger yells nervously.

“Willy get over here” shouts Troy.

Willy slides over to him.

“Get the hell out kid, try escaping through the back, I’ll stall these fuckers off with this dude” Troy orders.
    “No, I won’t leave you or nana” stutters Willy.
    “I have my gun it’s fully loaded I can help” says Willy.
    “You can try, but thats too risky, we don’t know how many of them are out there exactly and we’re low on bullets”

Major Choice: Terror

[Escape alone]
    [Escape with Rosemary and the baby]
    [Stay and protect Troy and the stranger]

• [Stay and protect Troy and the stranger]

“Brent you’re gonna stay and look after Jim until we get back” says Rosemary. “This time make sure you have your gun on you” Rosemary follo

“Brent you’re gonna stay and look after Jim until we get back” says Rosemary. “This time make sure you have your gun on you” Rosemary follo

• “I’m not going anywhere” says Willy as he slides over to the other window and takes a peek outside.

He see’s four men hiding behind trees with rifles.

“I’m nearly out, managed to get one of them weirdos” yells the stranger.

Willy takes aim and starts shooting, after four shots he kills one.

“Yesss got another one” whispers the stranger.

“Hey look they’re running away” says Willy surprised.
    “This ain’t over we know where you are” yelled one of the bandits.

“We did it kiddo” says the stranger cheerfully looking at Willy.
    “Don’t be so sure about that, but ya two did good” says Troy firmly.

Rosemary approaches them with a baby in her arms.

“Looks like you have a daughter” she smiles.
    “Oh, she’s beautiful” smiles the stranger.
    “How’s she feeling?” he asks with concern.
    “She lost a lot of blood, lucky for you I was nurse before all this so I know a thing or two, I got her stable as I could, she has to rest now” replies Rosemary.

She notices Troy being wounded.
    “My god, they shot you” worries Rosemary.
    “It’s not that bad, I’ll live” says Troy toughly.
    “Don’t get all tough on me young man, the bullet went right through which is good, we still have a little bit of that disinfectant left, lucky for you” smiles Rosemary.
    “We won’t have enough for Jim though” she sighs with slight anger.
    “We’ll think of something” says Troy with his face saddened.

“What’s your name stranger” asks Troy.
    “Oh, I’m Domcek, Dom if ya prefer” says Dom.
    “Nice to meet you Dom” Willy says with a warm smile.
    “Yeah, considering we nearly popped ya early on” says Troy cheerfully.

“Let’s head back to the cabin Jim still needs us” says Rosemary firmly.
    “uuugh...yeah” says Troy while getting up.

“We’ll swing back here later on” says Troy.
    “Okay and....thanks for not killing me early on” says Dom faintly.
    “Heh don’t mention it” smiles Troy.

The three arrive back at the cabin.

“Fuck” Troy says with his eyes wide open as he see Jim’s corpse cut into pieces.
    “Jesus Christ, don’t look Willy” says Rosemary in shock covering his eyes.
    “Where’s Brent?” asks Rosemary as she tears up slightly.
    “They completely ransacked the place......there’s a note” says Troy nervously.

We have your boy Brentie with us, bring Dom and ya’ll get him back, head north into the forest you’ll find us, if not we’ll find you.

“What does it say dammit?” shouts Rosemary.
    “They got Brent and they want Dom in exchange for his life” says Troy bleakly.

[Give Dom up] [Refuse]

To be continued...

End of Chapter 4.

• [Refuse]

“I’m not going anywhere” says Willy as he slides over to the other window and takes a peek outside. He see’s four men hiding behind trees

• [Refuse]

“I’m not going anywhere” says Willy as he slides over to the other window and takes a peek outside. He see’s four men hiding behind trees

• [Refuse]

• edited June 2014

Haha! That's me! [Brent should open the door]
    Oh... the voting closed....

• edited June 2014

I'm gonna die :*( but..... Maybe We'll find a way! [Refuse]

• This is awesome by the way! I'm in my home state! I've been to Cedar Rapids a couple times. Its pretty crowded :D

• View of Cedar Rapids Alt text

• Thanks for pointing that out ;)

However outside the city there's a lot of rural space, next time I will try to locate the action more properly instead of just naming the closest city.

This is awesome by the way! I'm in my home state! I've been to Cedar Rapids a couple times. Its pretty crowded

• [Refuse]

• edited June 2014

How far out? I've been to the rural areas around there. Ill post a pic :D

Thanks for pointing that out However outside the city there's a lot of rural space, next time I will try to locate the action more properly instead of just naming the closest city.

• edited June 2014

I've never been there, so I was aiming for a scenery like in Pine Creek near Pine Valley Nature Area.
    There's a lot of forests and woods around, made it the ideal place for the story.

How far out? I've been to the rural areas around there. Ill post a pic

• Never heard of Pine Valley... I heard of Cedar Valley. That's almost all of eastern Iowa (which is where Cedar rapids is located) I kind of live in the Cedar valley actually :D Anyways here is rural cedar valley Alt text

I've never been there, so I was aiming for a scenery like in Pine Creek near Pine Valley Nature Area. There's a lot of forests and woods around, made it the ideal place for the story.

• [Refuse]

• That is spot on, just like I imagined it :D

Never heard of Pine Valley... I heard of Cedar Valley. That's almost all of eastern Iowa (which is where Cedar rapids is located) I kind of live in the Cedar valley actually Anyways here is rural cedar valley

• The Walking Dead Episode 1: A Nightmare Arrives Chapter 5: A New Home

Outside the Cabin

“We can’t give him up” Willy speaks up.
    “Why!? we don’t know the man, he’s the one that got us involved and Brent is one of us!” says Troy infuriated.
    “We should at least talk to him first” says Willy.
    “We will, and we need a plan, even if we were to give him up, those sickos will still be out there in the woods.” says Rosemary firmly.
    “So what do you suggest?” asks Troy curiously.
    “They should have some sort of camp, you know that area Troy?” Rosemary replies.
    “Yeah in the first week or two, there were a lot of folks camping and staying alive, I guess none survived” replies Troy.
    “We should sneak there at night and snatch Brent off from them” suggests Rosemary.
    “And then what? they’ll come right back here and kill us all” says Troy angrily.
    “Maybe it’s time we moved on” says Rosemary closing her eyes.
    “What? we can’t? where would we go?” says Willy worriedly.
    “I don’t know, east maybe, we should check the barn later on if we still have our horses” says Rosemary infuriated.
    “We can fucking make this work all we have to do is give them Dom and kill them all on the spot” shouts Troy.
    “That’s fucking stupid, we don’t have enough ammo, hell we don’t how many of them are left” Rosemary shouts back.
    “We should go and talk to Dom first maybe he knows something more” suggest Willy.
    “Willy is right” says Rosemary.
    Troy slightly nods “Fine, then lets go”.

The Cottage

“Those fuckers killed our friend Jim and took Brent, they want your ass in exchange!” shouts Troy.
    “You don’t know these people, Brent is already dead and if you hand me over then we’re both dead” says Dom angrily.
    “It’s your fault that all of this happened” says Rosemary harshly.
    “My girlfriend still hasn’t woken up, I have a family to take care off, I’m not going to leave them” replies Dom as he holds the baby.
    “Then you’re going to let some other child get killed because of you!” shouts Rosemary staring angrily at Dom.
    “Eh.....” sighs Dom.
    “Fine..you’re right.....I can’t allow for a child to get killed because of me..if I don’t make it......you’ll take care of them?” sighs Dom faintly.
    “No one has to die we just need a plan, there can’t be too many of them fuckers left can it?” Troy questions.
    “Hard to say now” sighs Dom.
    “We could sneak in and free Brent?” suggests Willy putting on a brave smile.
    “I don’t see any other way” Rosemary says vaguely.
    “It’s risky, but it could work” says Dom.
    “Okay, so how do we do this?” asks Troy hesitantly.
    “Most of these wackos should either be high or sleeping, I’m sure Brent will be protected by their leader” says Dom.
    “Who’s this so called ‘leader’?” asks Troy sarcastically.
    “He’s a really nut job, always aggressive and always hungry for power, before the group was not that bad we were struggling with walkers, but when Major took over it all changed...”sighs Dom.
    “Major?” says Rosemary surprisingly.
    “His real name was or is Desmond when he took over he became ‘Major’“ says Dom.
    “Fucker” sighs Troy.
    “The kid should stay here, I will go with someone and infiltrate the camp, and the other will cover us from distance” suggests Dom.

Who should sneak in with Dom?

[Rosemary] [Troy]

• [Troy]

The Walking Dead Episode 1: A Nightmare Arrives Chapter 5: A New Home Outside the Cabin “We can’t give him up” Willy speaks up. “Why

• [Rosemary]

The Walking Dead Episode 1: A Nightmare Arrives Chapter 5: A New Home Outside the Cabin “We can’t give him up” Willy speaks up. “Why

• [Troy]

• [Rosemary]

• pokes head through door

Herro?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.